Some Interesting Sites Unrelated to Quality

E

energy

http://www.langenberg.com/
Try the person finder. Type in your last name, or full name and city and state. Follow the options...your neighbors, map to your house. Only works with listed phone numbers. Maps of streets and directions to them. Some have arial maps of your neighborhood. Zip codes, dictionary, etc..Lots of neat stuff. I use it a lot to map my trip from Customer to Customer and find it extremely accurate. Amazing. Just wanted to share. :energy: :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Elsmar Forum Sponsor
G

Greg B

There are 278 of me and we all live in America. I don't even remember leaving Australia. I wonder if we have a site like this in OZ?

Edited: Sorry, I went back and placed my middle initial into the computation and came back with 1 match and apparently I live in Sante Fe and I even have the address and a detailed map. I might send me some flowers as the website suggests. Imagine if the Terminator had this? Sarah Connor would have been gone before the opening credits.

Greg B

Last edited by a moderator:
E

energy

2 Projects out of 200 Attempts

As I had mentioned in another thread, when we have the time, we direct mail to homes on a street that all the houses need work. Grab a name or two off the mailboxes and use the person finder to match the name and street. Click "Find" g painter's neighbors. Then I copy the list to word, convert the table to text and I have my adress labels for that street. Is it worth it? 200+ stamps, envelopes, advertisement docs and my time. Considering that I would be reading a book or visiting here during my down time, to me, it's a wash. So, 2 jobs in eight months totaling approx. 13K? I think so. What do people think about getting advertisement addressed them, personally? Not very effective, but you have to keep on trying new things. I love the site. My sense of direction is equal to my skill in submitting "quality" posts. :biglaugh: So, I find the written driving instructions invaluable and they are accurate to a tenth of a mile. I simply zero out the trip odometer and drive blind! :rolleyes: I'm always amazed as arrive at the Customers door without a map or compass. :bonk:

Mike S.

Happy to be Alive
Trusted Information Resource
I was not so lucky -- I did a search for a friend with a listed tel. # and it came back telling me it could find no such town in that state -- a town of about 600 people where Verizon is the local carrier. :bonk: I guess it's better for some areas than others.

Sheriff, sounds like you're on the ball advertising-wise. Have you considered referral-gifts or discounts for current customers who refer others to you? You know, a gift cert. for a local mall or eatery if a current customer refers you to a new customer who buys your services?

Marc

Hunkered Down for the Duration
Staff member
Admin
gpainter said:
Neat little site. It makes your wonder???
Oh, I don't know. There are sites like:

http://intelius.com/

And if you fly, all the info on you is compiled into one place - Acxion:

http://www.salon.com/tech/feature/2004/02/10/acxiom/index_np.html

The days of 'privacy' are gone. Actually, this has been the case for a number of years. There are a lot of professional sites where info is accumulated and sold. One local guy was doing it 10 years ago. There was a big article on him in the local paper. he went to court houses and all over the country getting public information and bringing it all together in a database. His clients were mostly employers, as I remember.

As an aside, go to the top of any forum page - like this one. Click on my phone number. Then click on the city-state line in my address.

R

Rachel

db...

...on a completely unrelated note...

that is a *sweet* licence plate, my friend. i'm jealous. :)

mind you, i'm not from michigan - i wonder if it's taken in ontario??

cheers,
-r.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
D Interesting Web Sites, Boards & other resources on Stats Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 4
M Informational Interesting read for risk managers – The Psychology of Prediction Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 1
Ronen E Interesting Discussion Interesting view of EU Authorised Representative under MDR EU Medical Device Regulations 3
Sidney Vianna Interesting Discussion Interesting article form the UNIDO Magazine - CSR: a wolf in sheep’s clothing? Sustainability, Green Initiatives and Ecology 16
Sidney Vianna Interesting Discussion ISO 9001 audits from the perspective of registrants' customers - an interesting paper Registrars and Notified Bodies 0
Sidney Vianna Informational The role of the quality professional - an interesting video by CQI Quality Manager and Management Related Issues 1
M Medical Device News EU interesting developments – embracing MDSAP and UDI alignment Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
J ASQ Chicago Training Institute - If any of you are interesting in teaching ASQ Certification preparation ASQ - American Society for Quality 1
N Dream Log - Occasionally I have some interesting Dreams Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 27
H Interesting Article:Weak Supplier Relations Costing Big 3 Automakers, Nissan Billions World News 4
SteveK Interesting Medical Device Database Site (666,413 items listed) Other Medical Device and Orthopedic Related Topics 1
B Share ideas to make Management Review more interesting Management Review Meetings and related Processes 4
N Interesting Purchase Order for its Terms and Conditions Quality Manager and Management Related Issues 82
B Very interesting article concerning MSA (Measurement System Analysis) Book, Video, Blog and Web Site Reviews and Recommendations 8
V Medical Device Conference - May 2014 - Interesting topics and presentations Book, Video, Blog and Web Site Reviews and Recommendations 1
A Interesting article - Economics of Environmentalism Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 0
Hershal Interesting Israel Holiday Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 6
Randy Interesting lady I met today Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 5
S Interesting ITAR related question from our Certification Body ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 11
R AS9100C vs. AS9101D 7.6 c.) - Interesting how meanings change AS9100, IAQG 9100, Nadcap and related Aerospace Standards and Requirements 2
J Interesting Nonconformance During Upgrade Audit to ISO 9001:2008 ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 27
H How to perform interesting PFMEA (Process FMEA) Training Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 6
M Interesting article - Analysis of Risk: Are Current Methods Theoretically Sound? ISO 14971 - Medical Device Risk Management 7
GStough Verisys Registrars - Interesting Statements on Their Web Site Registrars and Notified Bodies 2
RoxaneB My train ride with the world's most interesting person... Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 29
J Interesting humor cartoons and videos for quality awareness training Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 4
D Interesting graphic of BCS (college football coaches' ballots) Poll Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 5
V Interesting quiz, case studies or exercises for AS9120 needed AS9100, IAQG 9100, Nadcap and related Aerospace Standards and Requirements 4
Steve Prevette An interesting paper on Lean Lean in Manufacturing and Service Industries 13
Q How can I make the QMS (Quality Management System) interesting to employees? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 38
Jim Wynne An interesting antivirus experience - A "dynamic" test After Work and Weekend Discussion Topics 14
Claes Gefvenberg Interesting Cove signatures Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 65
F CAPA Training - Tips on making CAPA training topics interesting! Nonconformance and Corrective Action 3
K Management Buy In - Management has presented some interesting challenges IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 11
Jim Wynne Interesting Signs - Possible new OSHA requirement? Funny Stuff - Jokes and Humour 7
V Interesting presentation about QUALITY Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 8
A Need help with creating useful, interesting and good internal web site about QMS!!! After Work and Weekend Discussion Topics 5
J Some interesting information for those who are interested in ISO/TS 16949:2002 IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 3
Claes Gefvenberg An interesting audit coming up - First combined ISO 9001 / 14001 surveillance audit General Auditing Discussions 6
A Interesting audit request - Full reaudit when separating R&D from division General Auditing Discussions 6
WALLACE FPS (Ford production system) - Does anybody have any interesting comments? Customer and Company Specific Requirements 8
Marc An Interesting Failure Analysis - Ejection Seat Failure Nonconformance and Corrective Action 8
A Firestone Articles (Other Interesting Articles) World News 35
B Keeping the induction group awake - Interesting training exercises to share? Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 14
C FDA Registration Requirements for Multiple Sites 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 8
A Have sites like Ebay and Amazon killed customer satisfaction/feedback? Customer Complaints 7
howste Merging sites on one AS9100 certificate - expiration date? AS9100, IAQG 9100, Nadcap and related Aerospace Standards and Requirements 7
B IATF 16949 - Different Registrars for remote and manufacturing sites? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 2
R Remote Sites per IATF 16949 IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 1
J GLP Animal Study - Change number of treatment sites Other US Medical Device Regulations 2