Some Interesting Sites Unrelated to Quality

E

energy

http://www.langenberg.com/
Try the person finder. Type in your last name, or full name and city and state. Follow the options...your neighbors, map to your house. Only works with listed phone numbers. Maps of streets and directions to them. Some have arial maps of your neighborhood. Zip codes, dictionary, etc..Lots of neat stuff. I use it a lot to map my trip from Customer to Customer and find it extremely accurate. Amazing. Just wanted to share. :energy: :D

Last edited by a moderator:
R

Rob Nix

Thanks energy! I found out there are 137 of me. That's just scary :lol:

G

Greg B

There are 278 of me and we all live in America. I don't even remember leaving Australia. I wonder if we have a site like this in OZ?

Edited: Sorry, I went back and placed my middle initial into the computation and came back with 1 match and apparently I live in Sante Fe and I even have the address and a detailed map. I might send me some flowers as the website suggests. Imagine if the Terminator had this? Sarah Connor would have been gone before the opening credits.

Greg B

Last edited by a moderator:
E

energy

2 Projects out of 200 Attempts

As I had mentioned in another thread, when we have the time, we direct mail to homes on a street that all the houses need work. Grab a name or two off the mailboxes and use the person finder to match the name and street. Click "Find" g painter's neighbors. Then I copy the list to word, convert the table to text and I have my adress labels for that street. Is it worth it? 200+ stamps, envelopes, advertisement docs and my time. Considering that I would be reading a book or visiting here during my down time, to me, it's a wash. So, 2 jobs in eight months totaling approx. 13K? I think so. What do people think about getting advertisement addressed them, personally? Not very effective, but you have to keep on trying new things. I love the site. My sense of direction is equal to my skill in submitting "quality" posts. :biglaugh: So, I find the written driving instructions invaluable and they are accurate to a tenth of a mile. I simply zero out the trip odometer and drive blind! :rolleyes: I'm always amazed as arrive at the Customers door without a map or compass. :bonk:

Mike S.

Happy to be Alive
Trusted Information Resource
I was not so lucky -- I did a search for a friend with a listed tel. # and it came back telling me it could find no such town in that state -- a town of about 600 people where Verizon is the local carrier. :bonk: I guess it's better for some areas than others.

Sheriff, sounds like you're on the ball advertising-wise. Have you considered referral-gifts or discounts for current customers who refer others to you? You know, a gift cert. for a local mall or eatery if a current customer refers you to a new customer who buys your services?

Marc

Fully vaccinated are you?
Leader
gpainter said:
Neat little site. It makes your wonder???
Oh, I don't know. There are sites like:

http://intelius.com/

And if you fly, all the info on you is compiled into one place - Acxion:

http://www.salon.com/tech/feature/2004/02/10/acxiom/index_np.html

The days of 'privacy' are gone. Actually, this has been the case for a number of years. There are a lot of professional sites where info is accumulated and sold. One local guy was doing it 10 years ago. There was a big article on him in the local paper. he went to court houses and all over the country getting public information and bringing it all together in a database. His clients were mostly employers, as I remember.

As an aside, go to the top of any forum page - like this one. Click on my phone number. Then click on the city-state line in my address.

R

Rachel

db...

...on a completely unrelated note...

that is a *sweet* licence plate, my friend. i'm jealous. :)

mind you, i'm not from michigan - i wonder if it's taken in ontario??

cheers,
-r.

Top Bottom