Spanish Customs Claim: Has the MDD class to be mentioned in the DoC?

S

SUCRAM

Hi all,

Just e quick and urgent question:

Our US provider does issue DoC for each order. It used to include all ordered articles in it, indepently of its device class. It only refers to the QS and 93/42/EEC w/o mentioning the notified body, product device class or the applicable Annex or Rule. Spanish health board inspector requests DoCs with this information included. Provider says that this is enough. I have attached an example of one of the affected DoC.
Could anyone give me advice?

Thanks in advance

Sucram

Attachments

Elsmar Forum Sponsor
S

SteveK

I think there is a bit of a mix up here – I could be wrong, but the attached document is a “Certificate of Conformity”, not a DoC as defined by the MDD. My understanding is that a CoC is a document for confirming conformity between supplier and customer i.e. not for regulatory purposes. A DoC will have to have the information requested.:2cents:

S

SUCRAM

Good point, SteveK. Thanks. I had included the wrong file. Please see the one in this post. The layout seems to by correct, but the content is incomplete acording customs. I thinks so, too. Greetings

Attachments

xcanals_tecno-med.es

Involved In Discussions
Dear all

the SteveK answer is correct the annexed document is not a Declaration of Conformity with the directive 93/42/EEC

The Spanish Health Authorities asks for a DoC with the class of the medical devices because if the medical devices are not class I they need the certificate of a Notified Body

As you may know the new Royal Decree 1591/2009 which incorporates the directive 2007/47/EC to the Spanish legislation was changed and from 21 mars 2010 the products class IIa are also required to communicate to the AEMPS

Best regards

Xavier

S

SUCRAM

Hi Xavier, please see my second post where I have included the respective DoC. In the first one I mistakenly put the wrong doc. Could u please revise the second one? Regarding the 1591/2009, yes I am aware of this. We had been informed by our consultant via email and are currently preparing the registering of our IIa articles we are distributing in Spain. Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

xcanals_tecno-med.es

Involved In Discussions
Hi Sucram

The reason of the claim is due to the type of products "electrodes for electrosurgery" which are sometimes not classified as class IIb and that is the issue which the AEMPS is looking for

See the guidance on borderline classification:
http://ec.europa.eu/enterprise/sect...ber_lists/version1_5_borderline_manual_en.pdf

which states:

8.8. Neutral electrodes for high frequency surgery
- Background
The issue relates to the classification of neutral electrodes which are accessories for High
Frequency (HF) surgery. In general there are two types of electrodes used in high frequency
surgery: those which are ‘active’ concentrate the energy and convert it into heat and those
which are ‘neutral’ and simply transfer the energy between two points.
The MEDDEV does not make this distinction and places both electrodes active and neutral
under rule 9, consequently they are both considered to be in Class IIb. This is the result from
discussions a few years ago, and that is why the MEDDEV puts both electrodes in the same
Class IIb. However, manufacturers do make this distinction.
- Outcome
Current guidance (MEDDEV 2.4/1 under rule 9) indicates that all such electrodes should be
considered as Class IIb products, irrespective of their nature (active or neutral) as they may be
potentially hazardous. It is concluded that the neutral electrodes are medical devices which
involve potentially hazardous exchange of energy and should be Class IIb medical devices.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
M Spanish Notified Body - Spanish language CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 2
M Translate Procedures into Spanish Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 5
A AS9100 Rev:D in Spanish - where can I find a Spanish version? AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 7
B Looking for Lean Manufacturing Articles in Spanish Lean in Manufacturing and Service Industries 4
I Where can I Get a Spanish Translation of TS 16949? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 2
R Where to find 21 CFR Part 820 Translated into Czech, Spanish, and German 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 1
V ISO 13485 certification scope in Spanish ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 5
B Requirements to have translations to Spanish for the Argentinian market certified Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 1
M AIAG Automotive Documents in Spanish IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 5
I ISO 9001:2000 - is Spanish translation of documentation required? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 24
M Format for Translation of Controlled Documents into Spanish Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 7
V Instructions for Use - English into French, German, Italian, Spanish and Swedish Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 11
M Spanish PSW (Part Submission Warrant) Needed APQP and PPAP 8
M Dire need of a copy of AS9100:2004 in Spanish AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 8
R Booklet for ISO9001 training purposes - Preferably In Spanish Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 12
I QMS Translation from English to Spanish ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 11
CarolX Seeking Trade Magazine (like Quality or Quality Digest) in Spanish Book, Video, Blog and Web Site Reviews and Recommendations 2
Marc MSA Spreadsheet in Spanish - Cohen kappa method (circa 2006) Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 5
M Any (free) copy of a TS 16949 checklist in spanish? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 6
Hershal MU course in Spanish - poll Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 1
A ISO 9001:2000 Employee Awareness Training Video in Spanish Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 2
A Needed: MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) Terms translated to Spanish Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 5
R Training Available in Spanish? Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 1
Marc Todays Topic: Learn Spanish! Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 5
CarolX translations to spanish Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 6
M QS standard in SPANISH? QS-9000 - American Automotive Manufacturers Standard 2
C Who offers QS9000 training (in Spanish) on topics like PPAP, FMEA, etc QS-9000 - American Automotive Manufacturers Standard 2
E SPANISH TOPIC - QS9K y el Tech Standar 16949 QS-9000 - American Automotive Manufacturers Standard 10
Marc Spanish Translations ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 0
S FDA and Customs Label Conflict Other US Medical Device Regulations 10
T Russia - Customs Union - EAC Certification Mark CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 2
pittmatj ANVISA Import Permit for Brazilian Customs Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 1
Z How does Japanese Customs Clear and Control Devices shipped into Japan? Japan Medical Device Regulations 3
P Sampling Plan - What sampling plan does Customs or Regulatory Authority use at border Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 3
C Authorised Economic Operator Status (EU) - HMRC (Her Majesty's Revenue and Customs) Other ISO and International Standards and European Regulations 6
P Lisbon customs requires for MDD declaration of conformity? EU Medical Device Regulations 6
K Customs-Trade Partnership Against Terrorism (C-TPAT) - Checklists/Guidance Customer and Company Specific Requirements 11
O FDA holding toothpaste imported from China at Customs for testing? US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 12
P RoHS direction / request, including getting product through customs RoHS, REACH, ELV, IMDS and Restricted Substances 1
Q Requesting Assistance with EU Customs Question Various Other Specifications, Standards, and related Requirements 4
Q RoHS Directive in the EU -- What About Customs Inspections for Electronic Devices? RoHS, REACH, ELV, IMDS and Restricted Substances 1
C Customers requiring C-TPAT (Customs Trade Partership Against Terrorism) Certification Customer and Company Specific Requirements 6
R Integrating Customs-Trade Partnership Against Terrorism into ISO 9001 Various Other Specifications, Standards, and related Requirements 6
S IEC 60601-2-30 - Is it mandatory to claim alarms? IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 1
C Ambient temperature_how we claim storage condition in label? Other Medical Device Related Standards 2
B 510(k) clearance claim on medical device product packaging Other US Medical Device Regulations 6
C "Fast action" claim and MDR (Medical Device Regulations) EU Medical Device Regulations 8
Y Counterfeit Parts - AS9100 D Cl. 8.1.4 - Can I claim no applicability? AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 10
J Does the word "claim" in ISO 9001 Clause 8.2.2 mean "requirement"? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 7
K How to document a Patient Outcome claim for a Class I device? US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 5