SPAP - I've heard of PPAP, but SPAP?

T

trickysheep - 2008

I just got a new job pack from a customer and they requested SPAP. I have searched everywhere and cannot find anything on this. Any help? The closest I have come is the Polish Police Force

Jim Wynne

Super Moderator
trickysheep said:
I just got a new job pack from a customer and they requested SPAP. I have searched everywhere and cannot find anything on this. Any help? The closest I have come is the Polish Police Force
Welcome to the Cove, tricky:bigwave:

I've never heard of SPAP, and the fact that Google is no help indicates that it's not in widespread usage. Why not ask the customer?

T

trickysheep - 2008

I have contacted the customer.........I think it is probably a typo.....I just didn't want to contact them without checking all sources. Thanks for the replies.

B

Bill Ryan - 2007

I've got a customer using "SPPAP" which stands for Supplier PPAP (not exactly sure who they might get other ones from :confused: ).

B

bgwiehle

Bill Ryan said:
I've got a customer using "SPPAP" which stands for Supplier PPAP (not exactly sure who they might get other ones from :confused: ).
They may be reserving "PPAP" for the ones they have to submit themselves.

B.G. Wiehle

Production Part Approval Process (PPAP) is used in the automotive supply chain for requests for part approval must, therefore, be supported in official PPAP format and with Design record with all specification; Authorized engineering change number (ECN); Customer Engineering Approval; Process is defined.

Supplier Product Approval Process (SPAP)

A firm may use "the Supplier Product Approval Process (SPAP) to document a supplier’s compliance to EMD design specifications and process capability to consistently meet those requirements. The SPAP requirement is applicable to production and service parts and raw material purchased by EMD and is applied against the part number that appears on the associated PO. The Supplier is required to obtain SPAP Approval prior to delivery of the first shipment unless otherwise instructed by EMD Global Purchasing."

Top Bottom