Spare Parts - Sourcing a small replacement part

Q

qualitypirate

Hello Elsmar people,

I need a little help sourcing a small replacement part (.062 x .625 pin with two retaining clips) for a very old Wilson Mechanical Instrument Co Rockwell tester. I have reached out to the company that seems to habe bought out Wilson and gotten no response yet and am hoping one of you fine folks will "know a guy:cool:". The Model is 4 JR-BB. I will attach a few pictures as well. Before you make fun of my machine just know that is is a reference machine only kept hidden away in the tool room:tg:. Thanks:thanx:

Attachments

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

hogheavenfarm

Quite Involved in Discussions
Re: Spare parts HELP!

for small replacement parts like this, I have found it economical to have engineering draw up the part and feed it into (free) software like emachineshop.com. it is easier and quicker than hunting down spare parts for old machines. (I am not affiliated with emachineshop).
The software contains error checking and pricing info built in, so for small or prototypes this works well sometimes.

http://www.emachineshop.com/machine-shop/Sample-Prices-of-Custom-Machined-Parts/page573.html

Q

qualitypirate

Many thanks, I am going to let this thread play out just to see what happens, but your option seems like an excellent course of action.

P

PaulJSmith

To have a replacement part made, you'll need to know the type of material required for that part. I suspect that may be fairly important in this application.

dsanabria

Quite Involved in Discussions

for small replacement parts like this, I have found it economical to have engineering draw up the part and feed it into (free) software like emachineshop.com. it is easier and quicker than hunting down spare parts for old machines. (I am not affiliated with emachineshop).
The software contains error checking and pricing info built in, so for small or prototypes this works well sometimes.

http://www.emachineshop.com/machine-shop/Sample-Prices-of-Custom-Machined-Parts/page573.html
excellent suggestion on emachineshop.com. :agree1::agree1::agree1:

Not knowing how rigid or usage or fragile the part is, you could consider going to a shop that have a 3D printer and have it duplicated - there are great strong plastic / metal printers with minimal settings and reduced costs.

Q

qualitypirate

Update:

I talked to a company called Sun-Tec corporation and they were able to source the part for an affordable price. Their website is http://www.sunteccorp.com/

Thanks all for contributing.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
D How long should we keep the spare parts available for our medical device, after we have stopped the production? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 0
C How long is an OEM obligated to provide spare parts and repair EU Medical Device Regulations 2
A Brazil - Import Medical Device Spare Parts - Without license Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 5
J FDA definition of a complaint - Customer orders spare parts 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 5
shimonv Is UDI required for Spare Parts? Other US Medical Device Regulations 4
A US patient gets Medical Device in Europe and needs spare parts 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 2
D Exporting batteries (spare parts) to China China Medical Device Regulations 2
M Requirements on how long you have to keep Spare Parts for Medical Device Repairs ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 2
P Accessories or Spare Parts need CE MARK? Breast Pump Feed Containers EU Medical Device Regulations 2
A How long must I provide service or spare parts for medical devices Other Medical Device and Orthopedic Related Topics 10
B What is Customer Owned Property for moulds and spare parts factory ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 3
B Manufacturing of Molding and Spare Parts - Is design clause 7.3 applied ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 18
D Spare Parts for Medical Devices Other Medical Device and Orthopedic Related Topics 2
T How do you Control your Spare Parts? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 7
C Process Equipment Spare Parts Vendors - Evaluation and selection of suppliers - 7.4.1 ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 1
P Mitutoyo Ban on Selling Repair/Spare Parts Product to US World News 15
P PPAP for Spare Parts - Low Volume - Occasional Production APQP and PPAP 5
D Relabelling a component that will be sold as a spare part - Do I become legal manufacturer? EU Medical Device Regulations 2
B Six Sigma in Spare Part Manufacturing - How to start? Six Sigma 5
A Accessory (CE required) or Spare Part (no CE) EU Medical Device Regulations 1
sathis How will you spend your spare time? Hobbies? Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 23
Marc British government loans MG Rover US$12.2 million - Brother, can you spare a dime? World News 1
S Calibration of Spare Equipment In Storage for 2 Years - Do I have to Calibrate? General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 5
M Identifying Applied Parts IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 3
M Nonconforming parts accepted by operator with intention Human Factors and Ergonomics in Engineering 31
J Mechanical inspection techniques of close tolerance parts Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 4
J Sister-company providing parts is only ISO 9001 registered IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 7
A AS9100D 8.1.4 Prevention of Counterfeit Parts AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 7
C Difficulties getting RoHS/REACH for cheap parts RoHS, REACH, ELV, IMDS and Restricted Substances 1
G Same parts but new customer - What will the auditor ask me? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 2
G Need to change KPI we called NC parts (maximum 3%.) to FTQ (first time quality) IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 4
Q Do you classify applied parts? IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 1
R Defib-proof applied parts IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 0
S Earthing of moving parts, designing tips IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 2
C Quantifying risk in choosing the number of parts, operators and replicates in a GR&R Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 4
Ed Panek Corona Virus impact on Supplier Audits and Received Parts ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 4
E IEC 60601-1 - Unearthed Medical Device Metal Parts IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 1
bryan willemot Shipping Aerospace parts without Stress certs Manufacturing and Related Processes 20
H Capability Data for Paint Thickness on Painted Parts Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 10
J SPC - Stamping parts - Small batch size Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 6
D 3 Companies - Medical device parts and substances - Responsibilities EU Medical Device Regulations 4
B Accessible parts per 8.4.2 b) - Touch currents in combination with MOOP or MOPP? IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 3
J Traceability of component parts - Bolts, screws and washers ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 3
R Traceability on Unmarked Parts - AS9100 requirements AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 7
CPhelan Best metrics for monitoring low volume (<1000) parts per vendors Supply Chain Security Management Systems 1
DuncanGibbons Best practice for identifying "items" of parts for DFMEA analysis AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 2
L PPM - wrong parts or defective parts? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 18
DuncanGibbons Classification of aerospace parts depending on their risk and criticality etc. Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) Standards and Requirements 3
K Counterfeit parts prevention - Audit Nonconformance - AS9100 8.2.2 AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 25
bryan willemot Looking for a certified test report for aerospace parts AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 0