Spares Market Supplier - Do we need to follow AS9110 or AS9100?

Hi All,

I'm trying to clear up a grey area in our business, it has become a frustration for me as I like to stick to the rule book where possible but my lack of experience and knowledge has me stuck.

Without evidence or real data to go against, I don't know if we are operating correctly.

We are AS9100 Rev D approved.

We supply parts to the Aerospace spares market, we manufacture and sell them. Can we release those to the AS9100 standard and process them following those guidelines and do FAIRs against the AS9102 standard or is there a different set of requirements we should be working to?

I've seen the AS9110 standard and wonder whether we need to work to this too?

There's not a great deal of information from the spares market customers on their PO's, they don't mention the AS9110 standard.

I feel like I want to work correct to the right standards and follow the right requirements but also feel as though everyone I work with is just guessing and nobody knows the correct way to work.

Please can anyone offer me advice so I can ensure we are doing the best we can for our customers and for the industry.

Thanks in advance! :)

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

Sidney Vianna

Post Responsibly
Staff member
Admin
Welcome to The Cove. From a QMS standard perspective, based on your description of the situation, your certification to AS9100 D seems sufficient. AS9110 is meant for the (so-called) repair stations.

AS9110 is rarely invoked by customers, and there are less than 700 repair stations certified to 9110 all over the world. In the past, I wrote a couple of articles concerning the AS9110 deployment in the aviation, space and defense sector, but, for the most part, market penetration of 9110 is way less than the IAQG intended.

You can also check the thread @ Intended Applicability of the Aerospace 91XX Standards

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
R First Articles on Spares and Stangers AS9100, IAQG 9100, Nadcap and related Aerospace Standards and Requirements 5
T Accounting Treatment for RMA Spares Inventory Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 1
S Developing a Spares System - 2-bin Kanban System the best option? Lean in Manufacturing and Service Industries 3
dgrainger Clue to UK's new regulatory requirements - approval of all devices placed on the market? Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 1
F When to market and distribute device in EU? EU Medical Device Regulations 3
N Post Market Surveillance Package Example Wanted ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 1
T Modification of a product on the market EU Medical Device Regulations 2
M Differences in post market safety reporting for Combination Product Applicants Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 1
K Product (Device) Life cycle - Product Life AFTER the Post Market Phase Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 3
M Post Market Surveillance for Class II Medical Devices Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 2
N "Placing on the market" & "putting into service"- one time regulatory event or Continual supply event? EU Medical Device Regulations 2
H Post-market surveillance strategy EU Medical Device Regulations 1
B Procedures for Complaint Handling and Post Market Surveillance EU Medical Device Regulations 7
A Post-market clinical followup studies (PMCF) EU Medical Device Regulations 16
M Informational Creating a post market surveillance (PMS) system for medical devices – Part 1 Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 7
E Post Market Surveillance Standard Various Other Specifications, Standards, and related Requirements 4
N When is "placing on the market"? MDD certified medical devices EU Medical Device Regulations 32
K EU MDD Class I Device market access / certification after 26th May 2020 EU Medical Device Regulations 9
T Post-Market Surveillance Plan - Requirements outlined in Annex III (1.1b) EU Medical Device Regulations 2
M Informational Health Canada guidance document – Pre-market Requirements for Medical Device Cybersecurity Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
Y Post Market Surveillance Indicators and Analysis method EU Medical Device Regulations 1
M Post Market Surveillance Plan Template EU Medical Device Regulations 6
F Vietnamese Post-Market Surveillance Requirements for a medical device in Japan Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 0
M PMCF (Post Market Clinical Followup)/ PSUR template EU Medical Device Regulations 8
C Shipping Medical Devices to US before pre market clearance US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 1
M New medical device on the market before MDR EU Medical Device Regulations 12
M Informational The ANSM decides, as a precautionary measure, to withdraw from the market macrotextured breast implants and breast implants with polyurethane-coated s Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
S PMCF (Post Market Clinical Followup): Rationale for Exemption - Software Medical Devices EU Medical Device Regulations 6
M Informational MDCG 2019-3 Interpretation of Article 54(2)b – Pre- market clinical evaluation consultation procedure with the involvement of expert panels Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
S Post Market Surveillance and Annual Product Review in ISO 13485 ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 2
M Informational TGA – Q&A: Use of market authorisation evidence from comparable overseas regulatory bodies for medical devices Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
K Post Market Clinical Follow up and CE Marking for Class IIb medical X-Ray products CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 1
M Informational Links to recognized / harmonised / consensus Standards for each market Other Medical Device Related Standards 5
M Entering the Italian Market - Implantable Medical Device EU Medical Device Regulations 1
M Informational EU Review and assessment of market surveillance activities 2014-2016 – Medical devices sector Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
M Medical Device News Health Canada – Consultation: Pre-market Requirements for Medical Device Cybersecurity Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
M Medical Device News Joint Action On Market Surveillance Of Medical Devices (JAMS) Releases Progress Update EU Medical Device Regulations 0
M Medical Device News Health Canada Notice of intent: Strengthening the post-market surveillance and risk management Canada Medical Device Regulations 1
S CE ETA (A2) Audit - CE mark for the european construction market CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 0
M Medical Device News EU - List of national market surveillance authorities by sector and country EU Medical Device Regulations 0
H Claiming equivalence with the product that was sold earlier in the market but not now EU Medical Device Regulations 1
I IVD prototypes in EU market ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 2
V Placement of cosmetic products on EU market as medical devices EU Medical Device Regulations 2
W Interesting Discussion PMCF (Post-Market Clinical Followup) vs PMCF studies EU Medical Device Regulations 36
K EU MDR - PMS (Post Market Surveillance) SOP - definition of "register(s)" EU Medical Device Regulations 2
S An auditor asked for a Post Market Surveillance Report ISO 14971 - Medical Device Risk Management 4
K Class II Medical Device Compatibility Issue - Removal or Market withdrawal? US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 2
T Proactive / Preventive Post Market Surveillance question ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 4
N MRA EU-TGA Product Registration to EU Market EU Medical Device Regulations 1
B Is ISO 15254:2009 a requirement for China for ophthalmic products market? China Medical Device Regulations 1