SPC Software Selection for use in a CNC Machine Shop - InfinityQS and Lighthouse

B

bruceliu222

Can someone please share your experience about the following two SPC software systems: InfinityQS and Lighthouse? We are considering applying the software in our CNC machine shop. Any advantages and disadvantages of each?

bobdoering

Stop X-bar/R Madness!!
Trusted Information Resource
I like Infinity QS because they are able to generate the X hi/lo-R chart that is most appropriate for CNC machining. You can see how to do it here. They can also do many other charting methodologies, such as Xbar-R and I-MR when they are appropriate. They really should not apply to CNC, though, unless you are doing low tech wood or plastic machining.

I have never been able to get Lighthouse to do X hi-lo/R charts - but the last time I tried to use them was quite a few years ago.

Marc

Fully vaccinated are you?
Leader
Is anyone else here using either software package who can add to this? Anyone use, or know anything about, Lighthouse software?

C

Coleman Donnelly

I am currently playing around with Infinity QS and QC-Calc. Not sure which is the correct route to go with but as Bob mentioned Infinity QS can do the X hi/lo-R chart which does apply to our CNC machining...

Top Bottom