SPC (Statistical Process Control) analysis and status on two manufacturing plants

M

mortosb

Hello all, today I asking for your comments or support about this topic.

The company on which Im working has two plants on different places, with 7 different divisions, etc...
In order to plan the strategies for the nexts months my boss request to my to develop a status analysis to determine where the company really are, performance as well, based on SPC tools.

However where can I start?
Maybe to get the global spc results, and determine where the plant would be are, and after to down in a separate plant and so on?

If any one has performed this kind of analysis could provide some help or orientation about his topic?

Thnaks for your support.
mortosb

bobdoering

Stop X-bar/R Madness!!
Trusted Information Resource
Re: SPC status on two manufacturing plants

Hello all, today I asking for your comments or support about this topic.

The company on which Im working has two plants on different places, with 7 different divisions, etc...
In order to plan the strategies for the nexts months my boss request to my to develop a status analysis to determine where the company really are, performance as well, based on SPC tools.

However where can I start?
Maybe to get the global spc results, and determine where the plant would be are, and after to down in a separate plant and so on?

The first question is what kind of processes are you dealing with? If the variety is too large, global SPC results may be apples and oranges....:cool:

Bev D

Heretical Statistician
Leader
Super Moderator

What kind of performance measures are you looking for?

are you looking at business performance such as delivery, inventory, scrap/rework cost, cycle times, productivity, etc.?

Or maybe your looking only at manufacturing capability?

It would help us help you if we knew what measures of perfromance you are interested in...

M

mortosb

Hello all thanks for your comments here are more information related to the company roles.

There are an automotive industry, with SMD, SMT process, manual assemblies, automatic and pneumatic scredrivers, ICT tests, Oven processes, wave soldering ovens.

On almost all they we have monitored by SPC charts, X-R, Attrbitutive charts, individual value charts, P charts...

Related to the main focus of my question is related to manufacturing capabilites realted to statisc tools (Cpk, ppk, ppm, dpmo, pca, msa, gauge R&R, etc..).

I hope that this information will be more usefully.
Thansk for you comments.
mortosb

Steve Prevette

Deming Disciple
Leader
Super Moderator
I'm having a bit of fun dealing with SPC at two nuclear sites - Hanford and Savannah River (on opposite coasts). I'm here in Savannah River starting the transition to SPC. Primarily I am starting with what they have already been measuring (primarily with moving averages) and shifting those charts to SPC. I'm also looking at data sources for automation of data retrieval.

I did make a presentation at the company wide safety meeting about this rollout.

Next will be reviewing the prototype charts to see which are worthwhile, and developing new ones (especially leading indicators) as needed.

Not really rocket science (or nuclear for that matter), just a matter of diving in and getting it going.

Top Bottom