SPC (Statistical Process Control) software recommendations

• Thread starter Casey Cochran - 2009
  • Start date
S

Sleepless

Re: SPC software recommendations

There are also products that provide the controls in a way that allow you to customize them using Visual Basic or VBA. One product that I know of uses Active X controls which lets you place them on a VB form and add code around them for whatever you want them to do. This same package comes with a spread sheet (that allows the same customization) and also a package for making drawings or pictures to represent your factory or machinery and show live data/values as they come in. I haven't seen it for a couple of years but I considered it to be a worthy product.

W

wdavis80

My personal favorite is InfinityQS. Great real time analysis, and very user friendly.

bobdoering

Stop X-bar/R Madness!!
Trusted Information Resource

How about plain old Excel spreadsheet? It's really not that hard to set up control limit formulas yourself. An advantage of doing it yourself is you know exactly what is being performed, and what assumptions are being made. A lot of these commercial software get treated as "black boxes" and people figure it must be right because "MINI-WIN-TAB-SPC-EXPERT" tells me so.

This is very true!:agree1:

If you are doing SPC for precision machining, this may be the best approach. I have not seen any canned software that has the appropriate charting methodologies for the non-normal distribution required to properly controlled precision machining. I have attached a spreadsheet one could use for the X hi/lo-R charting method - the best method for precision machining. For more information, see: Statistical process control for precision machining

S

Sleepless

FYI - The aspentech product I think I mentioned earlier, has an Excel Addin that allows you to work within excel as well as place live trends inside of the spread sheet.

Top Bottom