Specific Actions where Timely and/or Effective Actions are not Achieved

I have just underwent a AS9100C audit and an NCR was issued due to Corrective and Preventive Action procedure does not define 'specific actions where timely and/or effective corrective actions are not achieved". Looking for some help in revising our procedure to meet the requirement.

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

normzone

Trusted Information Resource
A typical action that I've seen in corrective action procedures is to escalate up the levels of management when the assignee isn't getting things done.
It's REALLY nice when you have a software system that does that automatically - I've lived in one before, where after you get a reminder to deal with it, your boss gets a reminder, then after enough time the guy at the top gets one.

It usually only takes one call from the prez saying "what is this email I got" to get the guy with the action item moving.

But I live on the frontier now. I got gigged for that same issue in an external 9001 audit, and my solution was to include a review of the time required to close each CAR in the management review meeting as a default. Ask me again in a year how well it works. :bonk:

Mikishots

Trusted Information Resource
A pretty common finding, for sure. Where I work, we have weekly boardwalks where all the directors walk the buildings and view the metrics boards (updated every morning). The late CARs and PARs are clearly posted, with the process owner's as well as his/her manager's names. In addition, every time a CAR or PAR goes late, our system sends them both an automated email which repeats every week until the action item is responded to and approved. Each is numbered - "this is your 2nd reminder", "this is your 3rd reminder" ..... etc.

No one can say they didn't know. The rest is up to the registrar - if it's not addressed in a timely fashion, they get dinged.

Last edited:
Q

QAMTY

Josephjoet
Do you think that does it deserve to raise the nc for that?if you resolve CAs in timely manner? Why it should be written down in procedure if is not addressed?if it were like that, you'd have to include in all procedures what to do when things dont run well, for that,I think there are MRM,NCR,CA,etc.
Please explain,thanks

howste

Thaumaturge
Super Moderator
Josephjoet
Do you think that does it deserve to raise the nc for that?if you resolve CAs in timely manner? Why it should be written down in procedure if is not addressed?if it were like that, you'd have to include in all procedures what to do when things dont run well, for that,I think there are MRM,NCR,CA,etc.
Please explain,thanks
It is a valid nonconformity because it is a specific requirement in AS9100 Rev C to have this in a documented procedure:

AS9100 Rev C clause 8.5.2 said:
A documented procedure shall be established to define requirements for...
h) specific actions where timely and/or effective corrective actions are not achieved...

Joe,
I am wondering what you ended up doing to correct this issue. I now have the same finding but with AS9100 Rev D. "Timely and specific actions are not identified when corrective actions are not achieved".
Can you please advise how you corrected the problem and what your registrar had to say about it (if anything)?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
B FCA US Customer Specific IATF 16949- Critical Characteristics 8.6.2 Customer and Company Specific Requirements 0
D Naming of SOP doc's - Specific to Calibrations ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 2
S Customer Specific Requirements (CSR) not signed/approved IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 17
Z Minitab - Updating Graph with specific data points Using Minitab Software 2
K OEM specific requirements - PPAP was rejected by STA Customer and Company Specific Requirements 5
D Design Transfer Template capturing Customer Specific Requirements Other Medical Device Related Standards 3
K AS9100 - 7.3 - Are these black and white questions with specific correct answers AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 1
D Is there a specific location for PPE such as safety glass holders and glove dispensers should be mounted Occupational Health & Safety Management Standards 10
M Specific Values of Quality Objectives Benchmarking 7
M Specific Absorption Rate (SAR) Testing - What Standard to Use? Other ISO and International Standards and European Regulations 1
DuncanGibbons Are there any aerospace specific requirements for material resource planning? AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 1
M Informational Several US FDA draft guidances, including some specific device guidances for the Safety and Performance Based Pathway Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
P GM TWO (Temporary Work Order) - Is there a specific GM format for the TWO# to be sent with the material? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 1
D Customer and Company Specific Requirements for notification of Customers of a change in Management or Key Personnel Customer and Company Specific Requirements 3
A EU MDR Annex I section 11.3 - Medical Devices labelled as having a specific microbial state EU Medical Device Regulations 7
S Is a specific day required in an expiration date? 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 7
M Routine testing of medical electrical systems - What specific electrical safety tests should be performed? IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 5
A Specific processes - Construction management field Service Industry Specific Topics 2
L IATF 16949 8.3.3.2 FCA (Fiat Chrysler) Specific Requirements - Examples of AQR and MPFMEA Service Industry Specific Topics 1
J Marketing and promotional materials - EU and MDR Specific EU Medical Device Regulations 11
R Documenting Expiration Date Extension for a specific lot ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 12
Marc Search - Search for Discussion Threads started by a specific User Elsmar Xenforo Forum Software Instructions and Help 0
Marc Search for Posts - By specific User Name(s) Elsmar Xenforo Forum Software Instructions and Help 1
R Specific ISO requirement to fill in all spaces on a move tag? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 25
B Interesting Discussion The legal aspects of Customer Specific Requirements (Contract Law). IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 12
R Cascading (Flow Down) Customer Specific Requirements IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 2
F What directives/regulations apply to Analyte Specific Reagents (ASRs) in EU EU Medical Device Regulations 0
M What is Environmental intelligence specific to IVDs or Medical devices? Miscellaneous Environmental Standards and EMS Related Discussions 1
J Injection molding: specific perimeters Manufacturing and Related Processes 14
eternal_atlas Section 7.8.4 Specific requirements for calibration certificates ISO 17025 related Discussions 2
D Customer Specific Requirements / Distributors (IATF 16949) Customer and Company Specific Requirements 1
D Is ISO 13485 Location Specific? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 1
J MSA on Part Specific Attribute Fixtures Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 2
D IATF 16949 Cl. 4.3.2 - Customer Requirements vs. Customer Specific Requirements IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 17
B Interpretation of Customer Specific Requirements of Continental - Records Retention Customer and Company Specific Requirements 6
B IATF 16949 Cl. 4.3.2 - Meeting Customer Specific Requirements IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 13
A Does KPI for Processes need to be correlated with the specific Risks for Processes? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 1
D Does ISO9001:2015 require any specific "processes"? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 3
D Customer Specific Containment Requirements Customer and Company Specific Requirements 3
R Standards Specific to Single Channel ECG Medical Device IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 1
F U.S. Medicare Reimbursement Searchable Database for specific procedures (DRG or CPT) Other Medical Device and Orthopedic Related Topics 2
Sidney Vianna Sector specific Information Security ISO Management System Standards IEC 27001 - Information Security Management Systems (ISMS) 1
C A couple CSR (Customer Specific Requirements) questions... Esp. Ford & Toyota Customer and Company Specific Requirements 5
T "Customer Specific" Internal Audit suggestions needed Internal Auditing 12
K Country/region specific medical device regulatory requirements ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 3
Sean Kelley Are there Mitsubishi CSR's (Customer Specific Requirements)? Customer and Company Specific Requirements 2
R Finding specific 510k guidance for Keratoprosthesis (MLP) Other US Medical Device Regulations 1
D Can country-specific regulatory timelines be shortened if the device has a CE mark? EU Medical Device Regulations 8
Y Customer Specific PPAP Level 3/4 Requirements - Fastener Manufacturer APQP and PPAP 2
A Could I create company specific Employee Records? Records and Data - Quality, Legal and Other Evidence 5