Spherical Bearing Pillow Block ID Measurement

J

Joshahardin

Hello Folks,

I am trying to find a good, standardized way to measure the spherical bearing ID for a pillow block.

It's 1.5005 +.0005/-.0000 with a polish. I am getting fitment rejections for the base part with the actual bearing and I cannot find a good way of ensuring the success of the measurement on the shop floor and aside from CMM we don't have any other tool but bearings and blocks to measure it without scratching the polish.

is there some type of standardized gage I can get of the shelf or will I have to have a tool designed for this.

Thank you,

Elsmar Forum Sponsor
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
I European Code (EN13445) vs. ASME VIII - Calculating Spherical Heads Other ISO and International Standards and European Regulations 1
L Oil Field Bearing Production PPM Standard Benchmarking 2
J Ball Bearing V-Blocks to ensure Lobing and Roundness are Minimal Manufacturing and Related Processes 1
M Using a label bearing CE Mark on Machine Sub-Assemblies CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 2
G Update Numerex Air Bearing CMM? Capability, Accuracy and Stability - Processes, Machines, etc. 6
J Scrap, Control or Marking - Ball Bearing Distribution and Re-Lubrication AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 3
AnaMariaVR2 3 Regulations that Could Have a Big Bearing on Pharma in 2011 US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 0
J Instrument for Inspection for Scratches on bearing RACE Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 8
J Aircraft Bearing Manufacturer - Civil Aviation Requirements Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) Standards and Requirements 3
C Evaluation of Bearing (Effect) of a Deviation on Quality Nonconformance and Corrective Action 10
antoine.dias Definition Rv and RvK in Statistical Analysis - Inner diameter between the bearing rollers Definitions, Acronyms, Abbreviations and Interpretations Listed Alphabetically 1
S Babbetting of Bearings - Improper bond between the Bearing shell and the Babbett Manufacturing and Related Processes 5