Spin welding - Is it a special process?

In the company that I work, we use the spin welding process to join plastic parts. Can someone tell me whether spin welding should be considered as a special process?

Elsmar Forum Sponsor
N

noboxwine

i hate to assume but i think i have asked myself this same question in a previous life------assuming you verify the integrity of the weld by a sampling plan but yet destructive testing, then i would say that yes it is a special process and should be subject to iso 9001:2000 7.5.2----hope i haven't embarrassed myself and helped as well------have a great week

N

noboxwine

i hate to assume but i think i have asked myself this same question in a previous life------assuming you verify the integrity of the weld by a sampling plan but yet destructive testing, then i would say that yes it is a special process and should be subject to iso 9001:2000 7.5.2----hope i haven't embarrassed myself and helped as well------have a great week

gpainter

Quite Involved in Discussions
Is spin welding a special process, most likely "Yes". Is it subject to ISO, Not if you do destructive testing. We call this out in our SP and have had no problem with it.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Q Spin Off and Divestment from Corporate - What to expect Quality Manager and Management Related Issues 10
9 Just AS9100 Approved - High Speed Spin Testing company AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 4
A The Value of 9K-2K - Soundbites and Spin ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 18
R CQI-15 for ultrasonic welding splices on wiring harness, is applicable? Customer and Company Specific Requirements 2
Z CQI-15 Welding System Assessment - Robotic Ultrasonic Foam onto Plastic "Weld" applicable? Various Other Specifications, Standards, and related Requirements 3
B CQI-15 Welding System Assessment - Required for all of the welding processes we have? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 2
E Requirements for hand-held laser welding equipment Other ISO and International Standards and European Regulations 0
M Butt welding of 13Cr tubing Manufacturing and Related Processes 0
A Adjusting Calibration Intervals for Welding related Gages AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 4
P Help with 8.5.1 regarding Welding Procedure Specifications (WPS's) ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 10
AshleyE AWS (American Welding Society) D17.1 & D17.2 Welding - Looking for help AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 6
C Practical use of Heat Input calculation for Manual MIG Welding Manufacturing and Related Processes 4
Q Welding filler material verification Manufacturing and Related Processes 4
C ISO9000 and CWF (Certified Welding Fabricator) ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 1
V What document to use to document Welding PV testing - Supplier to Ford APQP and PPAP 1
N Projection welding of nuts on zinc coated surface Manufacturing and Related Processes 3
A Innovation in Laser Welding Manufacturing and Related Processes 2
V Concerning CQI-15 Welding System Assessment Form Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 1
E What Data do we need for Welding and Repair Process Capability? Six Sigma 1
T First Pass Yield - Welding Process Improvement Manufacturing and Related Processes 3
J Welding Process Validation Plan Qualification and Validation (including 21 CFR Part 11) 19
R Please help me with Welding Symbols Manufacturing and Related Processes 5
F New Inspector Welding Test example wanted AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 12
F Process FMEA for Welding and Laser Cutting FMEA and Control Plans 3
J Welding - WPS and PQR per AWS D17.1 Questions Various Other Specifications, Standards, and related Requirements 9
S Audit Points for Auditing a Welding Supplier General Auditing Discussions 14
R Specific Special Process requirements in TS 16949 for MIG Welding IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 1
AshleyE ISO 9001 company now adding Welding to the Scope - What needs to change? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 6
B Laser Weld Strength - Laser Welding Medical Instruments Reliability Analysis - Predictions, Testing and Standards 8
A Pressure Vessel Welding Question Various Other Specifications, Standards, and related Requirements 4
A Resistance Welding Customer Complaints - Cracking and Pitting Root Causes Customer Complaints 4
N CE Mark (CE directives) for Welding Electrodes CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 5
M Welding Inspection Sampling - How to do? Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 4
C Health and safety within a workshop - welding Occupational Health & Safety Management Standards 7
R Analysis of Welding Parameters - Can Taguchi methods provide equation? Using Minitab Software 11
K Environmental Aspects and Impacts of a Welding Process (ISO 14001) ISO 14001:2015 Specific Discussions 5
K Small Welding Shop going for AC7004 (NADCAP) AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 15
R Special Process Checklists for Plating, Phosphate Coating, Welding and NDT AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 5
M Welding - to Validate or Not? If so, How? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 8
S Aluminum Castings Defects - Welding and what to Mark with Manufacturing and Related Processes 3
M HSLA100 (High Strength Low Alloy Steel) Welding Procedure and Consumables Manufacturing and Related Processes 3
S What SMAW Filler Metal for Welding 310 material to G-30 Hastelloy material? Manufacturing and Related Processes 6
K MIG Welding Failure Modes and PFMEA Sample Needed ASAP FMEA and Control Plans 10
H Statistical Methods in Welding, Drilling and Cutting Industry ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 6
S Can you Passivate Stainless Steel after Spot Welding? Manufacturing and Related Processes 7
M Tig Welding Validation Information help wanted ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 6
B Does Welding Equipment need or require Calibration General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 30
C Standards referenced in ISO 3834-2 Welding Other ISO and International Standards and European Regulations 9
Stijloor AIAG Welding System Assessment Webinar ASQ, ANAB, UKAS, IAF, IRCA, Exemplar Global and Related Organizations 0
F Inspection Companies in China - Rubber and Welding Manufacturing Process Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 2