SPOC 001/SPOC 002 AS9100 FAIR REQUIREMENTS

BF1988

Registered
I am new to the forum and am hoping this is the best place for my question. I have been working with Honeywell for years and am fairly familiar with the SPOC manual, but I have always worked at places that do not have design authority and exclusively aerospace. The place I am at now does less than 50% aerospace. One customer is Honeywell, and they invoked the SPOC requirements on their PO's.

My question today comes from the FAIR requirements. Specifically on a SPOC 001. Question: Are you always required to do a FAIR if the PO states "SPOC 001" and the PO is for a non-Honeywell designed parts? According to SPOC 124.1 (fair requirement, which is required per SPOC 001),

"The FAI requirement applies to each bill of material or parts list item with a Honeywell part number that is invoked in the product design, including lower level Honeywell detailed drawings identified on top level assembly drawing(s) and each cavity or tool serial number for products whose dimensions are controlled by the tool. FAIRs may be required on Customer or Supplier Drawings that are non-Honeywell designs or CAGE codes if specified on the Purchase Order." (ref: SPOC 124.1 Scope, around the middle of the paragraph).

The way I read this, is if you are selling HW your parts and they are non-HW design, which ours are, then SPOC 124 doesn't automatically apply; that HW "may" require on customer or supplier drawings that are non-HW designs or CAGE codes "IF" specified on the purchase order. I have never seen HW put on a PO that they are requesting a FAIR; they just flow down the SPOC level they want and you are expected to comply with that. My current thought is that under this, If we have a SPOC 001 PO, and these are non HW designed parts, then they can still require a FAIR, but they have to specifically state it on the PO. The parts do have an assigned HW P/N, but they are the company's design with our name on it. This specific part, because of the part mark, is only sold to HW, but it is still our design with our name on the drawing.

Hopefully this is the correct section for this question.

Top Bottom