SBS - The best value in QMS software

SQE (Supplier Quality Engineer) Job Interview Questions

S

SouSou

Hello
I'm preparing for a SQE job interview, and I hope you can help me on questions I may face.
more details:
* Previous experience: Material cost reduction leader/ Direct material Buyer (Purchaising department).
* Internal promotion.
* Automotive industry (wiring)
* I'm so excited about this position !!!
:thanx:

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

qusys

Trusted Information Resource
Hello
I'm preparing for a SQE job interview, and I hope you can help me on questions I may face.
more details:
* Previous experience: Material cost reduction leader/ Direct material Buyer (Purchaising department).
* Internal promotion.
* Automotive industry (wiring)
* I'm so excited about this position !!!
:thanx:
If you are working in automotive market , they could ask if you have working knowledge and experience of:
- PPAP/APQP
- ISO 9001/ISO TS 16949 standards
- Auditing techniques
- Quality tools ( FMEA, Control plan, SPC, 8D ...)
- Supplier audit management
- Problem solving
- Data analysis knowledge ( to understand sampling plan, acceptance criteria...)
- Supplier evaluation/re-evaluation methodology
- Quality documentation management ( specification, procedures...)
- Auditor/Lead auditor IS0 9001/ISO TS certification
Hope this helps:bigwave:

S

ssz102

Qusys had already said very comprehensive

and i add some items as below:
preparing inspection standard for raw material
be good at RoHS and REACH directive or other environment requirements
handling incoming NG parts with other dept and supplier
pushing quality and delivery and other service of supplier to meet your company and your customer requirements and relevant law or regulations
auditing and visitting supplier regularly to learn the status of product&production and running management system

qusys

Trusted Information Resource
Thank you
Seems I have so many things to revise :magic:
Thanks to you and to ssz.
One thing that is important to be considered in my opinion is also the organization where you will potentially work for.
SQE has different tasks/responsibilities based upon how the entire organization of Quality, Purchasing and Production is structured.
It can be different by comoany and company and also based upon business.
Please,inform about theis and make some question about this during interview if it is possible and have a chance by the recruiter.:bigwave:

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
T Senior SQE (Supplier Quality Engineer) Specific Roles and Responsibilities Career and Occupation Discussions 5
T Recommended Books for SQE (Supplier Quality Engineering) Book, Video, Blog and Web Site Reviews and Recommendations 20
A SQE's (Supplier Quality Engineer) Responsibility in New Project Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 4
P New Six Sigma Project for SQE (Supplier Quality Engineer) Six Sigma 4
A Are you an SQE / STA (Supplier Quality Engineer / Technical Assistance) Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 31
A Supplier Quality Engineer - SQE job responsibilities in automotive industry Career and Occupation Discussions 2
J Job Offer: Six Sigma Black Belt vs. SQE for one of Biggest Auto supplier Career and Occupation Discussions 15
A Audit purpose - case study - What is the role of SQE in such case? General Auditing Discussions 3
T How to study for the SQE exam but am limited on funding Career and Occupation Discussions 1
J How I should format a SCAR Cover Letter? SQE asking for advice ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 12
J Is this practice common? 1 Quality Manager covering QA, QC, QE, SQE IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 20
A Customer SQE - Within Specification but too much Variance Customer Complaints 7
D GM Gp-5 - CS criteria = no criteria, everything up to SQE Customer and Company Specific Requirements 1
Marc Customer STA (SQE) Ignorance and Arrogance Customer and Company Specific Requirements 51
D Supplier audit Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 2
lanley liao Does all of the suppliers need to integrated into the supplier list qualified of the company? Oil and Gas Industry Standards and Regulations 2
S Distinction between a critical supplier and a Virtual manufacturer EU Medical Device Regulations 2
R AS9102 FAI Change in Material / Process Supplier AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 4
John Broomfield Five ways to botch your supplier management program Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 7
C Supplier survey - 200 to 250 duppliers Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 3
J Where is the definition of a critical supplier? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 5
U Approved Vendor (supplier) List Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 8
M Supplier requirements - Major supplier is a Non-Profit registered with ICCBBA (FDA UDI) Supply Chain Security Management Systems 12
P Training department ideas and development for automotive supplier Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 6
B Software service provider as critical supplier ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 5
T AS9100D Clause 10.2.1g Supplier Corrective Action for each and every nonconformity? AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 3
S Supplier protocol for the Quality Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 6
A API Spec Q1 Purchasing Process - Supplier Reevaluation based on Supplier Risks 5.6.1.4 Oil and Gas Industry Standards and Regulations 17
D Approved supplier list - Distributors question ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 6
G Supplier delivered recent PPAP, should he deliver yearly layout inspection? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 4
E ISO 13485 QMS certification as a Supplier ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 8
G Supplier doesn't share drawings IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 15
S Use of raw materials by two supplier CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 2
D Are Supplier Quality Agreements Quality Records ? Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 9
G Dealing with non conformity caused by Supplier Components detected in the production line IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 14
G Supplier doesn't accept the complaints Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 20
K New supplier audit as per V3.1 by French Automotive OEM General Auditing Discussions 2
A ASL requirement when the supplier is certified for ISO 13485 ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 6
S Supplier Management ISO 13485: 2016- Which supplier needs to fill in a self assessment form? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 6
D Approved supplier list for R&D ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 5
M SemaTech SSQA Standardized Supplier Quality Assessment - my favorite tool ever Manufacturing and Related Processes 1
D Supplier Quality level category help - high level ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 6
J Supplier Controlled Shipping (GM CS1) Condition Manufacturing and Related Processes 3
L Supplier within the Organization ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 5
D Supplier Quality - How to classify a supplier level Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 10
P Understanding DFMEA and PFMEA - Supplier Related IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 21
S Can assembly manufacturing sub-supplier be certified IATF 16949? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 6
M How Supplier Capacity check is done by competitors Manufacturing and Related Processes 0
C One Time Service Supplier - Temperature and Humidity Testing Service ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 5
M Supplier Audits - Stop Wasting Everyone's Time! General Auditing Discussions 15