Sr. Management Designation Changes

B

bjlaw1979

How will you handle frequent management designation changes in the IMS documentation ??

Eg. if the designation of the Sr. Management who is authorized to sign the IMS documents among other duties reflecting in the documentation, changes do we have to revise the document each time according to the change.

Our management designation changed from Manager to Branch Manager to Country Manager to Operations Manager in a gap of 2 years. since this designation is reflecting in the IMS manuals and procedures i am finding it difficult to keep it updated.

once of my colleague suggested using the term "Manager" throughout the documentation but wouldn't that be a general term. also how and where will i indicate that the term Manager refers to the Sr. Management designation.

appreciate help asap.

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

John Broomfield

Staff member
Super Moderator
How will you handle frequent management designation changes in the IMS documentation ??

Eg. if the designation of the Sr. Management who is authorized to sign the IMS documents among other duties reflecting in the documentation, changes do we have to revise the document each time according to the change.

Our management designation changed from Manager to Branch Manager to Country Manager to Operations Manager in a gap of 2 years. since this designation is reflecting in the IMS manuals and procedures i am finding it difficult to keep it updated.

once of my colleague suggested using the term "Manager" throughout the documentation but wouldn't that be a general term. also how and where will i indicate that the term Manager refers to the Sr. Management designation.

appreciate help asap.
bjlaw,

Consider making the documented parts of your management system support the cross-functional process-based business system that runs your organization.

Then the top management team can authorize each of the process owners to lead the cross-functional reviews and approvals of their processes' procedures.

The boss of each process owner may retain authority to oversee these approvals.

John

somashekar

Staff member
Admin
... WELCOME TO THE COVE ...
There is every chance that it will change again within a year, yet the person remains the same. By experience it looks to me that the name of the person can be used rather than the management designation. There seems hope that the person will not change as quickly as the designations are changing.
It is your QMS. Feel free to use the name. But also remember that you may face a situation of person change sometime sooner or later.

B

bjlaw1979

john,

thanks for your reply.
though the individual process owners are responsible for their processes, documents like IMS Manual and certain approvals/reviews refer to the Sr. Manager and that poses a problem.

B

bjlaw1979

somashekar,

in this case both the designation and the person itself keep changing. i guess i will have to keep revising the documents each time there is a change.

somashekar

Staff member
Admin
somashekar,

in this case both the designation and the person itself keep changing. i guess i will have to keep revising the documents each time there is a change.
I would suggest you keep the Authority / Responsibility document correctly amended to reflect the situation and this one document will take care of the rest. You would not need to change everywhere often.
Until changes are necessary, any document remains authorized once it is approved, even when the approver is no more connected with the process.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
M Quality Management-ISO 9001:2015 General Auditing Discussions 1
H Project management for automotive parts IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 7
Q BMW Supplied Parts Quality Management -> Is there any new supplier quality manual? Customer and Company Specific Requirements 0
P AS9100 and CAMO - Continuing Airworthiness Management Organization AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 9
F Need help in IMS management review Management Review Meetings and related Processes 3
Sidney Vianna ISO Practical Guide on ISO 31000:2018 - Risk Management Other ISO and International Standards and European Regulations 0
PQ Systems Best Practices In Gage Management Using GAGEpack Software 0
N API Q1, Management of Change & Document Change Request Oil and Gas Industry Standards and Regulations 3
M Management Review Inputs ISO9001 ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 10
J Project management Document. IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 4
C Change Management Process ISO 14971 - Medical Device Risk Management 8
T Risk Assessment and Management Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 0
O Quality Management System Implementation framework and Gap analysis checklist Manufacturing and Related Processes 7
R Looking for an efficient contract management solution Contract Review Process 1
T Quality Management System Q1 and Q2 Interpretations Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 0
Sidney Vianna Informational ISO/CD 7101 Health Care Quality Management System Standard Hospitals, Clinics & other Health Care Providers 0
F So my quality management position is being marginalized by my job. Quality Manager and Management Related Issues 10
J HELP NEEDED ! Risk Management Exercise ISO 14971 - Medical Device Risk Management 12
J Incomplete Management Reviews ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 4
D Test Management Software Software Quality Assurance 1
O Should a Covid vaccine and testing policy be included as part of ISO9001 or AS9100 risk management? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 6
D Management reviews ISO 17025 ISO 17025 related Discussions 3
H AS9100 D - 8.1.2 Configuration Management for Build-to-Print Service Provider AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 1
A Management of change procedure for ISO 45001 Occupational Health & Safety Management Standards 5
NDesouza Management of Change (MOC) Manufacturing and Related Processes 11
BeaBea QMS/ Training Management Software Service Industry Specific Topics 4
S Searching for TOYOTA Floor Management Development System (FMDS) board Customer and Company Specific Requirements 3
Melissa Risk Management Process, How far do I need to go? ISO 14971 - Medical Device Risk Management 13
D Does Risk Management apply to re-labeler (MDR) EU Medical Device Regulations 1
H Risk Management Plan in agile process ISO 14971 - Medical Device Risk Management 14
M Design Control - Management of Electronic CAD files Design and Development of Products and Processes 14
G Organizing internal audit program for an Integrated QHSE Management System Internal Auditing 13
D Integrated Management System Software Quality Manager and Management Related Issues 2
S Change management with FAA Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) Standards and Requirements 0
J Gauge Management - with ambiguous requirements & no support ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 10
C Quality Management System Question ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 32
C Quality Manager as part of Management - 13485 ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 9
D 4 M management Manufacturing and Related Processes 4
U Supply risk management Manufacturing and Related Processes 4
T Biological Evaluation (10993) & Risk Management ISO 14971 - Medical Device Risk Management 9
D Cybersecurity and Risk Management: Loss of confidentiality IEC 62304 - Medical Device Software Life Cycle Processes 5
A Purchasing Controls on Change Management of Literature/Labeling ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 3
normhowe "The Problem with Quality Management: Process orientation, controllability and zero-defect processes as modern myths" Book, Video, Blog and Web Site Reviews and Recommendations 2
C SharePoint Contract Management Software General Information Resources 0
John Broomfield Five ways to botch your supplier management program Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 7
S Risk Management Review ISO 14971 - Medical Device Risk Management 4
William55401 Distributed By Product - Best Practices for Configuration Management and Purchasing Controls ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 0
D Reports under change management | ISO 13485:2016 & ISO 9001:2015 ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 3
Le Chiffre Online training available for ISO/IEC 17021-1: Requirements for bodies providing audit and certification of management systems Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 3
S Risk Management and other Files ISO 14971 - Medical Device Risk Management 8