Sr. Management Designation Changes

B

bjlaw1979

How will you handle frequent management designation changes in the IMS documentation ??

Eg. if the designation of the Sr. Management who is authorized to sign the IMS documents among other duties reflecting in the documentation, changes do we have to revise the document each time according to the change.

Our management designation changed from Manager to Branch Manager to Country Manager to Operations Manager in a gap of 2 years. since this designation is reflecting in the IMS manuals and procedures i am finding it difficult to keep it updated.

once of my colleague suggested using the term "Manager" throughout the documentation but wouldn't that be a general term. also how and where will i indicate that the term Manager refers to the Sr. Management designation.

appreciate help asap.

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

John Broomfield

Staff member
Super Moderator
How will you handle frequent management designation changes in the IMS documentation ??

Eg. if the designation of the Sr. Management who is authorized to sign the IMS documents among other duties reflecting in the documentation, changes do we have to revise the document each time according to the change.

Our management designation changed from Manager to Branch Manager to Country Manager to Operations Manager in a gap of 2 years. since this designation is reflecting in the IMS manuals and procedures i am finding it difficult to keep it updated.

once of my colleague suggested using the term "Manager" throughout the documentation but wouldn't that be a general term. also how and where will i indicate that the term Manager refers to the Sr. Management designation.

appreciate help asap.
bjlaw,

Consider making the documented parts of your management system support the cross-functional process-based business system that runs your organization.

Then the top management team can authorize each of the process owners to lead the cross-functional reviews and approvals of their processes' procedures.

The boss of each process owner may retain authority to oversee these approvals.

John

somashekar

Staff member
Super Moderator
... WELCOME TO THE COVE ...
There is every chance that it will change again within a year, yet the person remains the same. By experience it looks to me that the name of the person can be used rather than the management designation. There seems hope that the person will not change as quickly as the designations are changing.
It is your QMS. Feel free to use the name. But also remember that you may face a situation of person change sometime sooner or later.

B

bjlaw1979

john,

thanks for your reply.
though the individual process owners are responsible for their processes, documents like IMS Manual and certain approvals/reviews refer to the Sr. Manager and that poses a problem.

B

bjlaw1979

somashekar,

in this case both the designation and the person itself keep changing. i guess i will have to keep revising the documents each time there is a change.

somashekar

Staff member
Super Moderator
somashekar,

in this case both the designation and the person itself keep changing. i guess i will have to keep revising the documents each time there is a change.
I would suggest you keep the Authority / Responsibility document correctly amended to reflect the situation and this one document will take care of the rest. You would not need to change everywhere often.
Until changes are necessary, any document remains authorized once it is approved, even when the approver is no more connected with the process.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S Management Review (9.3) - Management Review Minutes/Report ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 8
R How would you work without a quality management system? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 3
J ISO 13485 System 'soft start' - How to best reflect this in initial audits, management review minutes and other records? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 3
P Conformity assessment based on a quality management system or production quality assurance EU Medical Device Regulations 3
M Management is about people? Human Factors and Ergonomics in Engineering 1
R Electrical contractor Project Quality Management Plan Quality Manager and Management Related Issues 1
S Quality management system (Well head installation & maintenance) Quality Management System (QMS) Manuals 5
G Copy of withdrawn ISO 9001:1994 Quality Management Standard ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 2
P How to develop executable quality management system for rookies? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 10
R Identify Medical Device characterstics as Annex C of ISO 14971 Risk Management ISO 14971 - Medical Device Risk Management 5
Q Example Process orientation to the process leadership, management, goals (tasks of the top management) ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 10
M Requirement to manufacture under a quality management system EU Medical Device Regulations 4
G Supplier management when the supplier is your headquarter IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 3
G IMS (Integrated Management System) 9001, 14001 & 45001- Request Assistance ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 8
A IATF 16949 4.3.1 - Determining the scope of the quality management system - supplemental IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 9
M Quality management certification required by Health Canada Canada Medical Device Regulations 3
A Building up a global quality management system ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 2
A Building up a global quality management system 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 3
T ISO 17025:2017 requirement 5.7.b. about maintenance the integrity of the management system ISO 17025 related Discussions 1
DuncanGibbons Resources for aiding in procedure, work instruction and manufacturing plan development and management AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 0
R Change Management vs Opportunity for Improvement ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 3
L SAE AS9145 vs. SAE AS6500 (Manufacturing Management Program) AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 3
John Broomfield Informational Terms used in quality management [Deleted] Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 6
O ISO 13485 - Is management review required before stage 1? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 6
G ISO 17025-2017 Management Review reporting items - Inputs ISO 17025 related Discussions 1
I Management review in conformity assessment standards - Certification Bodies Management Review Meetings and related Processes 6
Q User Requirement Specification for HR (Human Resource Management System) Manufacturing and Related Processes 1
N Device Labeling - Medtronic Ventilator Files (Risk Management documents) Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 2
S Has anybody done IMS - Management Review Meeting ISO 14001:2015 Specific Discussions 8
T Management review meeting workflow ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 9
J Management Representative and PRRC (Person Responsible for Regulatory Compliance) ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 4
T How do you define your Hazards? <a Risk Management discussion> ISO 14971 - Medical Device Risk Management 16
T Ideas for developing a Supplier Quality Management System, non automotive ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 5
S Starting an ISO 41001:2018 Facility management system Other ISO and International Standards and European Regulations 3
adir88 MDR requirement: Risk Management Plan for "each device" ISO 14971 - Medical Device Risk Management 5
Pmarszal External Standards and Regulations Management Process Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 10
V Gage Management and Gage R&R Software General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 1
Q Asset / Tooling Management - Two Questions Manufacturing and Related Processes 3
M What are the standards for malls management? ISO 14001:2015 Specific Discussions 1
C Experience with Agile PLM (Product Lifecycle Management Software) software from Oracle? Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 3
K A proposal for the model Quality Management - I need help for the project ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 3
M MDR requires the NB to perform "tests in order to check that the quality management system" EU Medical Device Regulations 3
B Record Management - Does the QMS need to control templates of records? Records and Data - Quality, Legal and Other Evidence 17
Casana ISO 9001 - 9.3.1 Management Review - Attendees in a flat organization Management Review Meetings and related Processes 6
C Management Review Agenda Management Review Meetings and related Processes 20
Gamula Product-Lifecycle-Management Experience Medical Information Technology, Medical Software and Health Informatics 9
F Management of Software version while NB reviews Technical file CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 7
D Risk Analysis & Technical File - What detail goes in the Risk Management Report ISO 14971 - Medical Device Risk Management 5
C QMS Document Management Software Recommendations Quality Assurance and Compliance Software Tools and Solutions 15
6 Management of SDS and Hazardous Material Occupational Health & Safety Management Standards 2