Sr. Management Designation Changes

B

bjlaw1979

How will you handle frequent management designation changes in the IMS documentation ??

Eg. if the designation of the Sr. Management who is authorized to sign the IMS documents among other duties reflecting in the documentation, changes do we have to revise the document each time according to the change.

Our management designation changed from Manager to Branch Manager to Country Manager to Operations Manager in a gap of 2 years. since this designation is reflecting in the IMS manuals and procedures i am finding it difficult to keep it updated.

once of my colleague suggested using the term "Manager" throughout the documentation but wouldn't that be a general term. also how and where will i indicate that the term Manager refers to the Sr. Management designation.

appreciate help asap.

John Broomfield

Leader
Super Moderator
How will you handle frequent management designation changes in the IMS documentation ??

Eg. if the designation of the Sr. Management who is authorized to sign the IMS documents among other duties reflecting in the documentation, changes do we have to revise the document each time according to the change.

Our management designation changed from Manager to Branch Manager to Country Manager to Operations Manager in a gap of 2 years. since this designation is reflecting in the IMS manuals and procedures i am finding it difficult to keep it updated.

once of my colleague suggested using the term "Manager" throughout the documentation but wouldn't that be a general term. also how and where will i indicate that the term Manager refers to the Sr. Management designation.

appreciate help asap.

bjlaw,

Consider making the documented parts of your management system support the cross-functional process-based business system that runs your organization.

Then the top management team can authorize each of the process owners to lead the cross-functional reviews and approvals of their processes' procedures.

The boss of each process owner may retain authority to oversee these approvals.

John

somashekar

Leader
Admin
... WELCOME TO THE COVE ...
There is every chance that it will change again within a year, yet the person remains the same. By experience it looks to me that the name of the person can be used rather than the management designation. There seems hope that the person will not change as quickly as the designations are changing.
It is your QMS. Feel free to use the name. But also remember that you may face a situation of person change sometime sooner or later.

B

bjlaw1979

john,

thanks for your reply.
though the individual process owners are responsible for their processes, documents like IMS Manual and certain approvals/reviews refer to the Sr. Manager and that poses a problem.

B

bjlaw1979

somashekar,

in this case both the designation and the person itself keep changing. i guess i will have to keep revising the documents each time there is a change.

somashekar

Leader
Admin
somashekar,

in this case both the designation and the person itself keep changing. i guess i will have to keep revising the documents each time there is a change.
I would suggest you keep the Authority / Responsibility document correctly amended to reflect the situation and this one document will take care of the rest. You would not need to change everywhere often.
Until changes are necessary, any document remains authorized once it is approved, even when the approver is no more connected with the process.

Top Bottom