SSGB vs. CQE certification?

Hi all, I have worked in medical device industry for almost 4 years as QE (2 yrs)/QA (1.5 yrs) engineer. But I still have considered myself still "green" in Quality world. I pursued my Master Degree in Biomedical Engineer. I'm really interested in quality support design control of new product development and it also will be my long term career goal.

I'm qualified taking both Six Sigma Green Belt or CQE. I think CQE would help for my long term career goal but I'm not confident that I will pass CQE test at my first attempt ( stat is my weakness). I have skimmed over both Green Belt and CQE sample exams and I feel more comfortable taking Green Belt exam for my short term goal.

Should I study and earn my SSGB cert first? or should I directly pursue CQE cert? Do you think SSGB will help me to pass CQE exam easier? SSGB cert will fit into my long term career goal? Please advise, I really appreciate:thanx: it.

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

nvquality

Starting to get Involved
I have both, so I'll offer my opinion. The CQE is math intensive. I am not good at math and do not have a formal engineering degree, so I had to really dedicate myself to studying for it. I took it before the SSGB came out. I'm sure it would come easier to you because of your background, but you'll still definitely want to invest a chunk of time studying for it because of the scope.

The SSGB is nowhere near it in terms of math difficulty. The green belt is a nice short term goal and is a lifetime cert, you don't have to recertify like you do for the CQE. Having it may open opportunities to be on Six Sigma teams depending on the organization.

I think which one is more recognized depends on the organization or hiring manager. If you want a certification, I'd do the SSGB first and then plan on the CQE. Hope this helps, let me know if you have any more questions.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
E CQE or SSGB for a new career Professional Certifications and Degrees 8
K CQE/SSGB Qualifications and Requirements Professional Certifications and Degrees 5
O Which is more marketable? CQE vs. SSGB Professional Certifications and Degrees 4
M CMQ/OE or SSGB? I'm Quality management rather than process improvement oriented Career and Occupation Discussions 1
J Six Sigma Green Belt (SSGB) from a college - Options? Professional Certifications and Degrees 4
V Preparing for SSGB - Six Sigma Probability Question Six Sigma 13
K Pursue ASQ's SSGB (Six Sigma Green Belt)? Professional Certifications and Degrees 4
C ASQ 06/03/2006 SSGB Exam Results - I passed! Professional Certifications and Degrees 2
T ASQ CQE vs CMQ/OE Professional Certifications and Degrees 2
andika_untoro ASQ CQE Exam Group for Dec 2019 / Jan 2020 Preparation ASQ - American Society for Quality 18
S AQL Inspector's Rule - bring into CQE Exam? Professional Certifications and Degrees 5
M Differences in CQE, CSTE, CSQA, CQA Professional Certifications and Degrees 2
R CQE vs CQA vs CSSGB vs CWI Professional Certifications and Degrees 0
B I have CSBB Cert - CQE vs. CMQ/OE next? Professional Certifications and Degrees 4
O CQE Handbook - Missing Section VII - Risk Management Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 1
L CQE Quiz - Something I made up to make aspiring CQE's head hurt Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 1
J Sampling Plan Questions from the CQE Practice Exam Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 2
J CQE References allowed in the Exam Room Professional Certifications and Degrees 18
P CQE Work Experience - New to Industry Professional Certifications and Degrees 1
A CQE exam primer Control Limit question Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 2
P Do CQE exam questions repeat in next exams? Professional Certifications and Degrees 1
Q Question about 2012 ASQ CQE certification primer vs 2006 primer Professional Certifications and Degrees 2
D Have my CQE - Is it worth "backfilling" other Certifications Professional Certifications and Degrees 1
R CQE Exam Problem Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 9
H CQE Exam Review Volunteers Needed. Professional Certifications and Degrees 1
H ASQ CQE Exam Review Workshop - Seeking Volunteers! September 2013 ASQ, ANAB, UKAS, IAF, IRCA, Exemplar Global and Related Organizations 7
A ASQ CQE statistics training in Australia? Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 2
D Examples of CQE test questions for December 2012 exam Professional Certifications and Degrees 4
S CQE sample exam - Question 23 about a regression model Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 3
A Preparing for CQE Exam - Calculators and Statistical Calculations Professional Certifications and Degrees 4
A CQE Exam Machine Capability Question - HELP Capability, Accuracy and Stability - Processes, Machines, etc. 7
A How relevant are ASQC CQT, CQE, CMI Completion Diplomas in the Current Work Place Career and Occupation Discussions 9
R CQE and CQA Training Books/Materials and related Quality Jobs Professional Certifications and Degrees 6
M CQE Preparation - Classes offered by ASQ or QC Group Professional Certifications and Degrees 9
Q Which calculators can I take to CQE exam ? Professional Certifications and Degrees 8
I I failed my CQE Exam Professional Certifications and Degrees 21
R Passed CQE in the first attempt!! Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 12
M DOE (Design of Experiments) - CQE Primer question Professional Certifications and Degrees 4
H Seeking Volunteers for ASQ CQE Exam Review Professional Certifications and Degrees 16
R ASQ CQE Practice Exam - Do I need to score very well to pass? Professional Certifications and Degrees 17
K Benefits of being an ASQ CQE (Certified Quality Engineer) Professional Certifications and Degrees 3
D Study Materials needed for CQE Exam Book, Video, Blog and Web Site Reviews and Recommendations 7
M X-Bar Chart - CQE Problem to Solve Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 3
M Best Preparation Material for the CQE in June Professional Certifications and Degrees 3
S CQE Primer or CQE handbook - Which one is better Professional Certifications and Degrees 20
S ASQ CQE (Certified Quality Engineer) June 2009 Results Professional Certifications and Degrees 11
CalRich I was given two copies of the CQE exam! Professional Certifications and Degrees 7
F Is ASQ's CQE online training enough? Professional Certifications and Degrees 16
C Passed the CQE (Certified Quality Engineer) exam 1st time Professional Certifications and Degrees 23
B New ASQ CQE (Certified Quality Engineer)! Professional Certifications and Degrees 6