Stage 1 - Adequacy Audit (pre-assessment) - University - What do they look for?

B

begum

Dear All

What is looked for during a ISO 9000 : 2000 Stage 1 audit (Pre-Adequacy Audit) for a University?

In my reading, I learnt that the Registrars only look at the documentation and internal adequacy audits. But, the registrar looked for "Internal Compliance Audits" and made a big - hoo-hah threatening to give a Major Non-conformance.

Is this a common practice?

Thanks

Begum (Ms)
Malaysia

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

Randy

Super Moderator
An pre-assessment has to cover all of the shalls. If an internal audit has not been performed where else will corrective/preventive actions come from? There are some minimum requirements that need to be met prior to the full out audit.

B

begum

Stage 1 Audit- How detail an internal audit(s) needed)

Randy said:
An pre-assessment has to cover all of the shalls. If an internal audit has not been performed where else will corrective/preventive actions come from? There are some minimum requirements that need to be met prior to the full out audit.
I am wondering if you read my post correctly? I did say internal audit was done. Corrective action was also taken as a result. Audits were done to ensure system was in place.

The assesssor for the registrar wanted to see that "compliance audits had been done".

regards

J

Jetlag

I think you need to be more clear. The pre-assessment is intended to determine if your facility is ready for registration. The Registrar auditor should be reviewing an entire process (from RFQ to Delivery). Keep in mind, however, that not all areas can be reviewed. Typically one "job" is followed through in order to confirm that the "shalls" are not only met but that they have "added-value" repercussions. Just having a pre-assessment is no garentee.

If your registrar auditor wants more than an effective Internal audit, you should be advised to ask that person where the requirement IS that makes it mandatory.

Randy

Super Moderator
begum said:
Dear All

What is looked for during a ISO 9000 : 2000 Stage 1 audit (Pre-Adequacy Audit) for a University?

In my reading, I learnt that the Registrars only look at the documentation and internal adequacy audits. But, the registrar looked for "Internal Compliance Audits" and made a big - hoo-hah threatening to give a Major Non-conformance.

Is this a common practice?

Thanks

Begum (Ms)
Malaysia
OK, I'll answer directly

Question #1....Nothing different than what is looked for anywhere elsewhere...Have all basic/minimum steps to meet requirements been put into place? Being a university doesn't make one special.

Question #2...You betcha!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
X Design stage overview (Product specification) EU Medical Device Regulations 3
G Calibration of Angle microscope stage micrometer General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 1
somashekar Stage 1 Finding. Request views and comments ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 3
somashekar Justification for Non-applicable clause at Stage 2, in clause 4. ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 11
J Stage 2 audit initial cert, few data points ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 4
S Does anyone have a checklist to prepare for ISO 13485, Stage I audit? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 3
Dean Bell Implementation of Controls as per SOA for Stage 2 Audit IEC 27001 - Information Security Management Systems (ISMS) 0
L Stage 2 audit - Requirement for 3 months of records ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 5
O ISO 13485 - Is management review required before stage 1? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 6
O ISO13485 implementation - Are internal audits expected before stage 1 audit? Design and Development of Products and Processes 3
Jacquie Collins Stage 2 Audit ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 2
R What happens during a Stage 1 MDSAP audit? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 4
I QMS documents required at each stage of Software development IEC 62304 - Medical Device Software Life Cycle Processes 5
A Doubt on multiple inspection carrying out for same balloon number during Stage Inspection and Final Inspection? Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 3
A A purpose of a Stage 1 audit - Off site document review Registrars and Notified Bodies 3
W Closing of Stage 2 Audit Nonconformances AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 3
A Determining the Scope of the QMS during Stage 1? Registrars and Notified Bodies 11
E Interesting Discussion Was this the fastest ever stage 2 ISO9001:2015 audit? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 76
Q Stage 1 audit observations - documented report? General Auditing Discussions 5
Y Application of IEC/EN 62304 at an advanced stage of software development IEC 62304 - Medical Device Software Life Cycle Processes 4
K MDSAP Stage 1 Guidance Documents ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 1
K AS9100 - No NCR's or CA's during Stage 2 Audit AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 8
N Non-conformances whilst in the Design and Development stage of a project ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 8
S We had our Stage 2 Audit on 2/19 & 2/20.... AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 6
B Supplier Certificate Suspended in OASIS - Do we need stage 1 and 2 to reinstate cert? AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 2
S Risk Management at the Quote Stage AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 3
A Stuck at 'Analyse' stage of DMAIC Improvement Cycle on Cosmetic Specification Manufacturing and Related Processes 10
J Major Nonconformance on Stage 2 Audit causes to start over Stage 1? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 2
G Best X-Y Microscope Stage for Submicron Accuracy Capability, Accuracy and Stability - Processes, Machines, etc. 2
V How long can a development stage incident be open? Pharmaceuticals (21 CFR Part 210, 21 CFR Part 211 and related Regulations) 4
R PFMEA (process FMEA) for Incoming Material stage FMEA and Control Plans 7
N AS9110 Audit Stage 2 - What procedures are required? AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 3
Crusader What are the CB's inputs and deliverables at Stage 1? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 17
C ISO 22000 Stage 1 NC's - PRPs not approved and Objectives not inline with Policy Food Safety - ISO 22000, HACCP (21 CFR 120) 3
S Root Cause - Left 5.6.2 paragraph (f) out of Quality Manual during Stage 1 Audit Nonconformance and Corrective Action 21
M What to do during a Stage 1 External Audit? AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 8
N What is involved in a Stage 1 Review? General Auditing Discussions 7
S Is a Stage 1 Audit required for ISO 50001 Certification? Sustainability, Green Initiatives and Ecology 1
E Risk Management - Planning Stage (AS9100C Section 7.1.2(d)) AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 1
B Certification Body insist on evidence of Preventive Action during Stage 2 audit ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 9
M Implementing an AS9100 Quality System - Stage 1 Audit for AS9100 is Oct 2012 AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 22
D ISO/TS 16949 Stage 2 Audit Nonconformance Against 7.6.3.1 Laboratory Scope IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 8
K Internal Audits - Necessary before Stage 1 Audit? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 42
J Waiting for an Auditor after our AS9100 Stage Two Audit AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 19
C Contract Manufacturer and Stage 2 Audit for ISO 13485 ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 5
C At what stage does Design Control play a role in Medical Device Development ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 2
P MEP Method Statement during Tendering Stage of Railway Station Benchmarking 1
A Magnification for One Stage Dial Gauge Mechanism General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 1
X Fanuc Injection Moulding Machine - Variable stage speed/pressure injection profiles Manufacturing and Related Processes 1
K Stage 1 Audit Advice for a new Lead Auditor General Auditing Discussions 5