Standard that is the equivalent to ISO 22000 but for the non-food industry

01mercy

Involved In Discussions
Hi all,

I just wondered if someone knows of a standard that is the equivalent to ISO 22000 but for the non-food industry to determine CCP's?

Logically I would think that the determination of "hazards" would be done with a process FMEA risk analysis.
If this is not the case can someone please explain to me how I should determine risk and how to define the critical control points in a non-food industry and if there is a standard for this to work by.

Thanks!

Last edited:
P

pldey42

It might help if you identify what sector you are in, given that it's not food. Unless "non-food" is a term I don't understand.

Hope this helps
Pat

01mercy

Involved In Discussions
Hi,

Thank you, I know of these standards and it's more contamination determination and environment than identifying risk in production and the critical control point that should be under control.

Rgds

T

tamale

There is a standard called 'Pac Secure' which is GFSI certified for the packaging industry. You can get it for flexible or rigid plastic. It is HACCP based and so has a system for hazard analysis.

You can download the auditing standard for free at www.pac.ca

The HACCP workbook is sold on their site.

I must add that any HACCP system works generically and that it is quite similar to an FMEA.

Tamale

Top Bottom