Standards Subscription Service

apestate

Quite Involved in Discussions
I spent $96 for TS-16949 and flipping through the little booklet, I see that the majority of the material is quotes from ISO 9000 system docs.

I now have a need to review an SAE standard that was recently released, but I'm getting really tired of these junk documents that will remain semi-useless but become entirely out dated.

I'm looking at www.ihs.com . Information Handling Service. They have a subscription service that allows access to such ISO/DIN/SAE standards as I might run into.

Does anyone have experience with IHS, subscription standards service, or other opinions on the relevance of such a service to a small job shop?

I have $700 worth of standards on a shelf behind me, just to have on hand what I need to implement ISO 9k. How often am I going to run into new standards like this?

B

Bill Ryan - 2007

I use the same service but only for individual specifications - as I need them (called out on a part print, for example). Most of what I have ordered runs in the $20-$30 range. I've been very happy with them as they seem to have a pretty comprehensive listing.

As far as ordering complete sets, I know they run pretty expensive and I leave those "up to the boss". Most of the sets don't apply for what we need.

I don't think they seem to be any higher priced than any other "service" I've run across (but I haven't truly priced anyone competitively).

Bill :bigwave:

Top Bottom