Star Trek stuff

Randy

Super Moderator
Heyyyyyyyyy Carol X,

Have you obtained or seen any of the ST series on DVD yet? I've been hammering at the family to get me the DS9 episodes.

We also need a Star Trek specific thread, so I started it. :)
 
D

db

Klingon

We have a shared printer that prints a cover page, so each job can be separated from others (so much for our paper reduction). The cover sheet has the first initial and the first five letters of the last name. One of our admin folks equate to Bkoths. I told her it sounded like swearing in Klingon. She initiated violence in the workplace directed at me. :vfunny:
 
B

Bob_M

Any word on the Enterprise series on DVD?

I've enjoyed all of the "modern" Trek shows. I never really got into DS9 much. For awhile we had really bad reception on WGN (Locally) so I missed most of the shows and/or forgot to watch the rest *shrug*

The new Enterprise show is fun, but way to many:
"hey we should do this" and guess what they do in the other shows...
Example: Red Alerts, Prime Directive, etc.
Geez the original crew dreamed up ALL of the concepts in the treks shows? Wow... must be lots of down time to think stuff up. :p

How many season do you think Enterprise will last?
 

CarolX

Trusted Information Resource
You needed to ask

Raaannndddyyyyy,


Randy said:
Heyyyyyyyyy Carol X,

Have you obtained or seen any of the ST series on DVD yet? I've been hammering at the family to get me the DS9 episodes.

We also need a Star Trek specific thread, so I started it. :)

You better hammer harder....we pre-order and get about $55 off the MSRP from Sun Coast Video. I think Amazon sells for about the same, but their stock isn't very high on this.

We have all of TNG on DVD now. We are buying DS9ers as they are released. Season 4 comes out next Tuesday.....yes, Tuesday (remeber in Generations...Enterprise B left space dock without a tractor beam and a Med crew, installation and crew additions were scheduled for "Tuesday"...LMAO!!!)

We also have about 20 of the TOS on DVD. Those are a little harder to find, and they come in a 2 episode disk set.

Got all the movies except Nemsis on tape....starting to build the collection in DVD.

Bob,
For awhile we had really bad reception on WGN (Locally) so I missed most of the shows and/or forgot to watch the rest *shrug*
I remeber the series finally.....T-storms came rubling through...I couldn't pick it up on 9 or the Milwaukee channel...I called my friend who had cable to ask him to tape it for me....and wouldn't ya know...his cable went out.

db.....
That's a way funny story!!!!!

As for Enterprise.....I really haven't got into it....not a lot of free time on my hands....gotta wait for it to come out on DVD. I am sure it will go for the standard 7 year run.....but what will they do after that?



Carol
 
B

Bob_M

CarolX said:
As for Enterprise.....I really haven't got into it....not a lot of free time on my hands....gotta wait for it to come out on DVD. I am sure it will go for the standard 7 year run.....but what will they do after that?

How about 31st centry trek?
Time travel every other week.
Borg-like implants on everyone.
Holographic & Android crew memebers/captains.
Break down of society and lots of WAR would be a nice change...
 
D

db

Bob_M said:
How about 31st centry trek?
Time travel every other week.
Borg-like implants on everyone.
Holographic & Android crew memebers/captains.
Break down of society and lots of WAR would be a nice change...

Of course the most scary scenario....


The United Federation of Planets decides to achieve ISO 9001 and ISO 14001 registrations at the same time.
 
B

Bob_M

db said:
Of course the most scary scenario....

The United Federation of Planets decides to achieve ISO 9001 and ISO 14001 registrations at the same time.

That show might go on 140.01 years if starfleet management is anything like the US government. TEEHEE.

:truce: OK that's enough political stuff from me.
 

Randy

Super Moderator
Of course ya'll know that the Ferengi's are the originators of ISO 9001:2000 don't ya? Just ask Carol X about the Rules of Acquisition.
 
B

Bob_M

Randy said:
Of course ya'll know that the Ferengi's are the originators of ISO 9001:2000 don't ya? Just ask Carol X about the Rules of Acquisition.
I would have figured they originated QS or TS with all their numerous strict rules that may overlap and contradict. :biglaugh:

Edit: No wait they created the registrars and the standards bodies to make profit from suckers err customers like us. :ko:
 

Randy

Super Moderator
Bob_M said:
I would have figured they originated QS or TS with all their numerous strict rules that may overlap and contradict. :biglaugh:

Edit: No wait they created the registrars and the standards bodies to make profit from suckers err customers like us. :ko:

"In confusion there is profit" Tony Curtis - Operation Periscope :vfunny:
 
Top Bottom