Star Trek stuff

Randy

Super Moderator
Heyyyyyyyyy Carol X,

Have you obtained or seen any of the ST series on DVD yet? I've been hammering at the family to get me the DS9 episodes.

We also need a Star Trek specific thread, so I started it. :)

Elsmar Forum Sponsor
Klingon

We have a shared printer that prints a cover page, so each job can be separated from others (so much for our paper reduction). The cover sheet has the first initial and the first five letters of the last name. One of our admin folks equate to Bkoths. I told her it sounded like swearing in Klingon. She initiated violence in the workplace directed at me. :vfunny:

B

Bob_M

Any word on the Enterprise series on DVD?

I've enjoyed all of the "modern" Trek shows. I never really got into DS9 much. For awhile we had really bad reception on WGN (Locally) so I missed most of the shows and/or forgot to watch the rest *shrug*

The new Enterprise show is fun, but way to many:
"hey we should do this" and guess what they do in the other shows...
Example: Red Alerts, Prime Directive, etc.
Geez the original crew dreamed up ALL of the concepts in the treks shows? Wow... must be lots of down time to think stuff up. :p

How many season do you think Enterprise will last?

CarolX

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
You needed to ask

Raaannndddyyyyy,

Randy said:
Heyyyyyyyyy Carol X,

Have you obtained or seen any of the ST series on DVD yet? I've been hammering at the family to get me the DS9 episodes.

We also need a Star Trek specific thread, so I started it. :)
You better hammer harder....we pre-order and get about $55 off the MSRP from Sun Coast Video. I think Amazon sells for about the same, but their stock isn't very high on this.

We have all of TNG on DVD now. We are buying DS9ers as they are released. Season 4 comes out next Tuesday.....yes, Tuesday (remeber in Generations...Enterprise B left space dock without a tractor beam and a Med crew, installation and crew additions were scheduled for "Tuesday"...LMAO!!!)

We also have about 20 of the TOS on DVD. Those are a little harder to find, and they come in a 2 episode disk set.

Got all the movies except Nemsis on tape....starting to build the collection in DVD.

Bob,
For awhile we had really bad reception on WGN (Locally) so I missed most of the shows and/or forgot to watch the rest *shrug*
I remeber the series finally.....T-storms came rubling through...I couldn't pick it up on 9 or the Milwaukee channel...I called my friend who had cable to ask him to tape it for me....and wouldn't ya know...his cable went out.

db.....
That's a way funny story!!!!!

As for Enterprise.....I really haven't got into it....not a lot of free time on my hands....gotta wait for it to come out on DVD. I am sure it will go for the standard 7 year run.....but what will they do after that?

Carol

B

Bob_M

CarolX said:
As for Enterprise.....I really haven't got into it....not a lot of free time on my hands....gotta wait for it to come out on DVD. I am sure it will go for the standard 7 year run.....but what will they do after that?
How about 31st centry trek?
Time travel every other week.
Borg-like implants on everyone.
Holographic & Android crew memebers/captains.
Break down of society and lots of WAR would be a nice change...

Bob_M said:
How about 31st centry trek?
Time travel every other week.
Borg-like implants on everyone.
Holographic & Android crew memebers/captains.
Break down of society and lots of WAR would be a nice change...
Of course the most scary scenario....

The United Federation of Planets decides to achieve ISO 9001 and ISO 14001 registrations at the same time.

B

Bob_M

db said:
Of course the most scary scenario....

The United Federation of Planets decides to achieve ISO 9001 and ISO 14001 registrations at the same time.
That show might go on 140.01 years if starfleet management is anything like the US government. TEEHEE.

:truce: OK that's enough political stuff from me.

Randy

Super Moderator
Of course ya'll know that the Ferengi's are the originators of ISO 9001:2000 don't ya? Just ask Carol X about the Rules of Acquisition.

B

Bob_M

Randy said:
Of course ya'll know that the Ferengi's are the originators of ISO 9001:2000 don't ya? Just ask Carol X about the Rules of Acquisition.
I would have figured they originated QS or TS with all their numerous strict rules that may overlap and contradict. :biglaugh:

Edit: No wait they created the registrars and the standards bodies to make profit from suckers err customers like us. :ko:

Randy

Super Moderator
Bob_M said:
I would have figured they originated QS or TS with all their numerous strict rules that may overlap and contradict. :biglaugh:

Edit: No wait they created the registrars and the standards bodies to make profit from suckers err customers like us. :ko:
"In confusion there is profit" Tony Curtis - Operation Periscope :vfunny:

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Marc How Star Trek artists imagined the iPad… nearly 30 years ago Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 0
Hershal Star Trek Beyond (ST 13) - 2016 Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 4
Marc Who commanded Star Trek starship USS Enterprise-E (model NCC-1701-E) Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 4
CarolX Star Trek XI will begin filming this fall for Christmas 2008 release - It's official! Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 10
Marc 40th Anniversary of the original Star Trek - From the I'm Getting Old Department World News 22
Hershal Star Trek 2.0 that the cable channel Q4 is advertising Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 1
Wes Bucey Star Trek fans - tough news - Scotty Battling Alzheimer's Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 4
RoxaneB Quality Policy a la Star Trek Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 20
CarolX Ferengi Rules Of Aquisition - Star Trek Series Deep Space Nine Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 55
Randy Star Trek and ISO - The Ferengi ?Great Material Continuum? Other ISO and International Standards and European Regulations 6
Ajit Basrur Congratulations Steve Prevette on getting a Silver Star Covegratulations 11
Ronen E Congratulations Somashekar for getting the Silver Star Covegratulations 9
BradM Covegratulations to BevD - 15,000 Karma points and a silver star Covegratulations 15
Sidney Vianna Covegratulations to Ajit Basrur - 15,000 Karma points and a silver star Covegratulations 22
J Baseball Predictions - Just past the all Star Break... Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 4
Hershal Update for EPA Energy Star and question General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 3
Claes Gefvenberg Silver Star for BradM Covegratulations 23
Hershal Who among users here is involved in ENERGY STAR? Sustainability, Green Initiatives and Ecology 8
Marc Carbonite Stacks the Deck With 5-Star Reviews After Work and Weekend Discussion Topics 0
L Preparing for a Hyundai 5 Star Audit General Auditing Discussions 2
A Qualifying a CMM Star Probe - Brown/Sharpe CMM Model Gage 2000 Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 8
Marc Reporter Discovers People Living In Original Star Wars Set Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 4
apestate CMM Star Probe Numbering - Bottom, Back, Left, Front, Right vs. 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 5
B Star Wars Books - Anyone Else read/reading them? Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 5
C CCp : Composite Cp. A new star born (?!) Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 8
Wes Bucey Star Wars: Episode III - Revenge of the Sith Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 53
Marc ThinkFree Office Suite and Star Office Quality Assurance and Compliance Software Tools and Solutions 1
somashekar Where does RoHS stuff get audited by CB's? Quality Manager and Management Related Issues 3
J Sourcing a Sterile Product - Asking for supplier for too much regulatory stuff? 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 2
S What the Product actually is - Software Technologies to optimize Telco ?stuff"? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 5
A EN 62304:2006 Class A Stuff - Light Boxes for Eye Testing IEC 62304 - Medical Device Software Life Cycle Processes 3
S Production, Consumption & Disposal - That's the 'story of stuff' ! Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 0
Wes Bucey More GEE WHIZ computer stuff After Work and Weekend Discussion Topics 1
Marc All Sorts of Stuff! The Internet Archive Book, Video, Blog and Web Site Reviews and Recommendations 1
Manix Monster VW GOLF W12 - The Stuff Dreams are Made of! World News 2
Hershal All the PC stuff........ Happy Holidays and Season's Greetings Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 2
M Fun Quality Stuff - Creating a training plan for new internal auditors Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 28
N What 'Quality' stuff do you hang on your cubical walls? Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 21
B QS/TS Suppplier Stuff IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 30
Marc Charlie's View - Contract Auditing and Other Stuff Registrars and Notified Bodies 0
Marc The Don Winton Memorial FDA Stuff Archive ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 3