Star Trek XI will begin filming this fall for Christmas 2008 release - It's official!

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

BradM

Staff member
Admin
Re: It's official - Star Trek XI

Ok, I'm mixed. Happy the movie is coming out. But I would really like to see the STNG cast still produce movies. I guess I am hanging on to a dream.

CarolX

Super Moderator
Super Moderator

I'm one of those that would love to see something completely different -

Send us another 100 years into the future from TNG/DS9/STV....Borg have assimilated most of the Federation - and resistance fighters (led by Seven's daughter) trying to outrun and outsmart them.

I just don't like the prequel stuff.

One interesting rumor a few months ago - Matt Damon and Ben Affleck to play the young Kirk and Spock. The only problem is, Matt really is too old to play a TOS prequel Kirk.

J

JerryStem

One interesting rumor a few months ago - Matt Damon and Ben Affleck to play the young Kirk and Spock. The only problem is, Matt really is too old to play a TOS prequel Kirk.
Cool. Kevin Smith can play Scotty and Jason Mewes can play Chekov! :lmao:

D

Dimitri

Re: It's official - Star Trek XI will begin filming this fall for Christmas 2008 rele

They better pick good actors to be Kirk and Spock, one thing which I find interesting is the number of Star Trek fans who liked TOS/TNG/DS9/Voyager who didn't like Enterprise were quite small, and actually I know more people who wern't interested in the earlier series who liked the new one. :)

Personally I think a Enterprise movie would have been a better idea with all the action parts of the later part of the series, that interests people and might make a few more Trekkies out of people who arn't normally into Star Trek. :cool:

Dimitri

psyched1

Involved In Discussions
Re: It's official - Star Trek XI will begin filming this fall for Christmas 2008 rele

I truly believe Enterprise was poorly concieved. I would have prefered to see the early struggles with space travel. In one season we were back to phasers, transporters and shields. The computers and technology used in Enterprise were superior to Kirk's Enterprise by the final season and the introduction of the Borg was too much for me.

There was also not enough diversity on the ship. Why not throw in an exotic culture like Somians, Arabs or even Latinos? The cultural diversity of all the other series was extermely fascinating.

Distribution to UPN was also problematic in they could not schedule a standard time frame.

I still believe that TNG was the best of the series and I'd like to see more with DS9 crew.

Hershal

Metrologist-Auditor
Staff member
Super Moderator

I like all 6 series and all 10 movies.....yes, there were 6.....besides me, who can name all 6?

Only down side of a prequel with Kirk/Spock.....is that in the ST timeline, they were NOT at the Academy together, and there is no mention in any other series, or (so far as I know) any of the many books including novels.....so this is a departure from the timeline.....not sure even the Guardian can explain THIS one.....

I did like Enterprise, as it started with the basic trunk timeline, but then seemed to go off on a different timeline.....the ship was never the equal (in my opinion) of the Constitution class Enterprise that Kirk had.....but did introduce some things.....again, going outside the timeline for photon torpedoes.....in TOS (the original series) they were introduced in Balance of Terror, where we also meet Romulans.....

One thing for sure, it will be interesting to see how Paramount integrates the new movie into the Museum of the Future at ST:TE.....

Anyone open to planning a get together at ST:TE perhaps this fall?

Hershal

Jen Kirley

Quality and Auditing Expert
Staff member
Admin

Star Trek
Star Trek Next Generation
Deep Space Nine
Star Trek Voyager
Enterprise

What was the sixth one?

The Sci Fi channel is playing Enterprise on Monday evenings here via Time Warner.

In that series (now playing) I find it most interesting to note the progress that seems to be taking place for Vulcans.

Whatever its flaws, when Star Trek XI comes out I'll be there!

D

Dimitri

Re: Star Trek XI will begin filming this fall for Christmas 2008 release - It's offic

Jennifer Kirley,

Your forgetting the Animated Series ;)

Dimitri

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Marc How Star Trek artists imagined the iPad… nearly 30 years ago Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 0
Hershal Star Trek Beyond (ST 13) - 2016 Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 4
Marc Who commanded Star Trek starship USS Enterprise-E (model NCC-1701-E) Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 4
Marc 40th Anniversary of the original Star Trek - From the I'm Getting Old Department World News 22
Hershal Star Trek 2.0 that the cable channel Q4 is advertising Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 1
Wes Bucey Star Trek fans - tough news - Scotty Battling Alzheimer's Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 4
RoxaneB Quality Policy a la Star Trek Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 20
Randy Star Trek stuff Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 71
CarolX Ferengi Rules Of Aquisition - Star Trek Series Deep Space Nine Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 55
Randy Star Trek and ISO - The Ferengi ?Great Material Continuum? Other ISO and International Standards and European Regulations 6
Ajit Basrur Congratulations Steve Prevette on getting a Silver Star Covegratulations 11
Ronen E Congratulations Somashekar for getting the Silver Star Covegratulations 9
BradM Covegratulations to BevD - 15,000 Karma points and a silver star Covegratulations 15
Sidney Vianna Covegratulations to Ajit Basrur - 15,000 Karma points and a silver star Covegratulations 22
J Baseball Predictions - Just past the all Star Break... Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 4
Hershal Update for EPA Energy Star and question General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 3
Claes Gefvenberg Silver Star for BradM Covegratulations 23
Hershal Who among users here is involved in ENERGY STAR? Sustainability, Green Initiatives and Ecology 8
Marc Carbonite Stacks the Deck With 5-Star Reviews After Work and Weekend Discussion Topics 0
L Preparing for a Hyundai 5 Star Audit General Auditing Discussions 2
A Qualifying a CMM Star Probe - Brown/Sharpe CMM Model Gage 2000 Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 8
Marc Reporter Discovers People Living In Original Star Wars Set Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 4
apestate CMM Star Probe Numbering - Bottom, Back, Left, Front, Right vs. 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 5
B Star Wars Books - Anyone Else read/reading them? Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 5
C CCp : Composite Cp. A new star born (?!) Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 8
Wes Bucey Star Wars: Episode III - Revenge of the Sith Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 53
Marc ThinkFree Office Suite and Star Office Quality Assurance and Compliance Software Tools and Solutions 1
G New to ISO 9001 - Where to begin? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 17
W Where to begin with an ISO 9001:2015 internal audit Internal Auditing 13
supadrai Forced into Regulatory Affairs Role - Where do I begin? Career and Occupation Discussions 4
julsbear When will registrars begin audits for IATF 16949:2016? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 12
C ISO Auditor Trainee - How do I begin? Career and Occupation Discussions 4
F Where does Contact begin for Biocompatability? EU Medical Device Regulations 5
B How to begin tracking FPY (First Pass Yield) and "Downtime" tracking Manufacturing and Related Processes 3
J Where to begin to move our company towards ISO 9001 certification ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 9
J What point does the Accreditation begin in the process? ISO 17025 ISO 17025 related Discussions 6
C 8D for Dummies - How do I begin using the 8D approach to Corrective Action? Problem Solving, Root Cause Fault and Failure Analysis 2
B Is it normal for a procedure to begin with a conditional directive? (if statement) Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 30
N Where to begin defining and monitoring Quality Metrics in a Machine Shop Manufacturing and Related Processes 9
N The Gap Analysis is complete - From which clause do I begin? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 7
J Risk Management - Where to begin? AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 21
T Implementing a Kaizen Team - Where Should I begin? Lean in Manufacturing and Service Industries 7
GStough Risk Management Has to Begin Prior to Design Input, But... Design and Development of Products and Processes 10
R MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) - Where to begin when setting up a system? Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 14
C How to become an ISO Consultant and How do I begin? Consultants and Consulting 5
B How do I begin implementing HACCP? Flexible food packaging Food Safety - ISO 22000, HACCP (21 CFR 120) 3
GStough Where to begin - creating a Quality Plan for Class I Medical Device ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 7
H Auditing Lean as a process - Where to begin? Internal Auditing 9
Steve McQuality RoHS Lead (Pb) Weight Calculation on paper before we begin costly testing RoHS, REACH, ELV, IMDS and Restricted Substances 18
T Changing Existing Quality Culture/Program - Where to Begin? Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 5