Start Up Approval Dimension Records

Hello,

I got a little confused in my last audit and need you guys' opinions.

According to our agreement on control plan, supplier needs to check 5 pieces for start up/production approval. And it is defined in their system as 5 pieces. However, after measuring 5 pieces, they only write max and min dimensions on the approval form, so record just 2 pieces dimension.

Logically it was not acceptable for me, but I did not argue because I don't really know a standart point to rule this application out. (TS16949)

Any ideas?

Elsmar Forum Sponsor
You are the customer, so the decision is up to you.
If yoy want to seen all the 5 results, just ask for it
thank you.

I don't really want to make them change what they usually do, cause they have 0 ppm for long time and I am not looking for trouble :) . Just wondering if it is a definite rule to write them all or not.

Golfman25

Trusted Information Resource
It is simply a way to keep down the data keeping. We came across a similar problem. We state in some legacy documents check x pcs. But our computer system is set up only to record y pcs. The suggestion was to change our requirement to record min/max. If your supplier is doing the job, then I would leave well enough alone.

These sort of details are not regulated in the TS-16949 norm.
It is simply a way to keep down the data keeping. We came across a similar problem. We state in some legacy documents check x pcs. But our computer system is set up only to record y pcs. The suggestion was to change our requirement to record min/max. If your supplier is doing the job, then I would leave well enough alone.
thanks for the opinions. I had similar thoughts :)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
N China - Start manufacturing before change approval? China Medical Device Regulations 1
J ISO 13485 System 'soft start' - How to best reflect this in initial audits, management review minutes and other records? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 3
A AS9100 Training - Where do I start? AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 11
mike10 QMS Update - Rev. up or start over? Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 2
S How to start with ISO process in project based team - Documentation Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 4
A Implementing ISO 20000-1 - Where to start Other ISO and International Standards and European Regulations 2
T CE mark start date for a device EU Medical Device Regulations 7
qualprod Statistics - Where to start in ISO 9001? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 5
W My company is looking to start a materials testing lab that conforms to ISO17025:2017 ISO 17025 related Discussions 3
G Start and main steps of API Q1 Certification Process Various Other Specifications, Standards, and related Requirements 5
M Error trying to Start a New Thread Elsmar Cove Forum Suggestions, Complaints, Problems and Bug Reports 2
H Transferring an ISO 13485 certificate to a new CB - Do I have to start from scratch? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 2
M Start-Up Company looking for ISO 13485 Certification Body and Medical Device CE Mark Notified Body Registrars and Notified Bodies 6
Marc Basic - How to Start a New Discussion Thread Elsmar Xenforo Forum Software Instructions and Help 1
TheMightyWife Can not start Personal Conversations Elsmar Cove Forum Suggestions, Complaints, Problems and Bug Reports 18
E Is it possible to start an ISO 9001 QMS from scratch (Really) ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 13
M AS9100 - Where to start - Small company (10 employees) and I am the Quality Dept. AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 45
M How do you start a calibration/anything company? Career and Occupation Discussions 11
E ISO 9001 certification of the new plant before start of production ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 18
B Gap analysis of new start-up company technical documentation CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 1
qualprod How to start with Lean? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 8
R QMS and ISO - Where to start? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 18
S ISO 17025 - Help in Getting accreditation- Where to start from ISO 17025 related Discussions 8
H Need to Start an R&D Laboratory, what to do? Design and Development of Products and Processes 6
V Product Development - When to start calculating Process Capability Capability, Accuracy and Stability - Processes, Machines, etc. 3
Moncia Design FMEA - Where to Start FMEA and Control Plans 20
M Where does Document Revision Control Start? Rev 0 or Rev 1 Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 19
M How to Start SPC from the ground up! Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 8
A Start Up of a small AS9100 Machine Shop AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 5
P CA,PA, Continual Improvement - How to start in a Service Company Quality Tools, Improvement and Analysis 1
P Where to start to helping other companies to get ISO IEC 27000? Consultants and Consulting 1
A How best to start revising an existing ISO 9001:2008 system in a company ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 5
M APQP and PPAP for Beginners - Where do I start? APQP and PPAP 48
S How to Start SPC in a Shaft Grinding Section Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 1
M Start New Machine Shop OR BUY Business Continuity & Resiliency Planning (BCRP) 9
K Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity Planning - Where to start? Business Continuity & Resiliency Planning (BCRP) 19
Hershal ILAC is preparing to start the possible revision to ISO/IEC 17025 ISO 17025 related Discussions 2
S How do I start "Risk Management" ISO 14971 - Medical Device Risk Management 3
L Where to Start to Completely overhaul a QMS ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 11
D Which ASQ Certification should I start with? Career and Occupation Discussions 9
A Start Compliance to RoHS, SCHV and REACH RoHS, REACH, ELV, IMDS and Restricted Substances 10
M Where to start Maintenance Function Kaizen Lean in Manufacturing and Service Industries 4
J ISO 13485 and ISO9001 Quality Management Implementation Start ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 6
A ISO 9001 to ISO 17025 where to start ISO 17025 related Discussions 3
J Major Nonconformance on Stage 2 Audit causes to start over Stage 1? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 2
M General Guidelines on how to start a Quality Campaign Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 2
P Alternative Procedures to DOA: How to start? EASA and JAA Aviation Standards and Requirements 3
S Measuring Multiple Start ID/OD Threads Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 1
AnaMariaVR2 Creating Global Giants from a Culture of Israeli Start-Ups Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 0
L How to start implementing a QMS according to ISO 17025 ISO 17025 related Discussions 5