Starting Supplier Management System in a Company

A

amitnalin

Hi All,
I am just starting out on the implementation of a supplier management system. I request you all to help me in defining the major steps I need to take to establish it.

Thank you in advance for you help.

somashekar

Leader
Admin
Re: Starting Supplier System in a Company

Hi All,
I am just starting out on the implementation of a supplier management system. I request you all to help me in defining the major steps I need to take to establish it.

Attached is the supplier manual of Bell Helicopters. It is a wonderful manual and see it for your understanding and apply stuff to your organization as appropriate.

Attachments

• Supplier Manual.pdf
    1.5 MB · Views: 707

qusys

Trusted Information Resource
Re: Starting Supplier System in a Company

Hi All,

Are you ISO 9001 certified or ISO TS?
I say this because ISO TS is more stringent and requires for the supplier development too.
First of all you should establish the requirement to select your supplier, evaluation and re-evaluation as per 7.4.1 of ISO 9001.
Criteria are up to the organization and I would suggest to assess their criticality vs your business as well as materials/services supplied (raw material, equipment).
Supplier mgmt system may include regular supplier audit, management of the corrective action in case of quality issues ( supplier corrective action response), on site meeting reviewing their perfromance vs agreed indices ( related to quality, cost and method).
As suggestion you may want to receive and evaluate statistical data of their mfg processes ( for instance, Cpk )
A particular attention should be put on sole source suppliers if any for you.
Hope this helps:bigwave:

A

amitnalin

We have been recommended for ISO and have a goal to achieve TS certification in future but the ISO standard is more like a framework.

The main problem for me is trying to identify what steps are involved in a fresh implementation before our next audit and improve our system.

I have also tried to search for online courses that can help you in understanding what to do during such an implementation. unavailability of a course is making it a lot harder for me.

Please suggest if there are any good books, online training, websites etc. in this area that you may know.

Nalin

qusys

Trusted Information Resource
We have been recommended for ISO and have a goal to achieve TS certification in future but the ISO standard is more like a framework.

The main problem for me is trying to identify what steps are involved in a fresh implementation before our next audit and improve our system.

I have also tried to search for online courses that can help you in understanding what to do during such an implementation. unavailability of a course is making it a lot harder for me.

Please suggest if there are any good books, online training, websites etc. in this area that you may know.

Nalin

I would suggest to hire a consultant to manage the project. You can also contact quality agency in your country or local training providers to have a catalogue of the courses as well as discuss with them your needs to eventually customize the training intervantion.
Consider that training is only the beginning, you shall also practice and work on QMS processes, implementing quality tools and methods.:bigwave:

Top Bottom