Statistical Techniques Measureables for Application Development Company

G

gex_sree

My company want to improve its statistical techniques.
We have measured:
- elapsed time
- document completeness
- # of defect
- task on delay
- Effort (Man Month)
- Profitability
Could anyone give me another subject supposed to be measured?

Statistical Steven

Statistician
Leader
Super Moderator
That is a very basic and fairly generic list. Without knowing what your company produces, or the services you provide it is hard to add to the list.

If you want to improve your statistical techniques, I would be more concerned with how things are measured, and less about what is measured. Are you looking at the variability of the measurements? Do you understand if the items you are measuring are high level indicators for the business?

Please try to explain to me some of the things your company does.

Thanks

G

gex_sree

Below are the statistical techniques we measured in our company. Please give some input to improve them.

1.Overall Project Elapsed Time
Elapsed Time means total time that passes from the start of the project to the end of that project. Measurement is in percentage.
Description: (Total actual elapsed time/total plan elapsed time) * 100%
Standard Values: maximal 100%

2.Overall Project Documentation Completeness
Description: (Number of actual developed deliverables/number of deliverables shall be developed) * 100%
Standard Values: minimal 75%

3.Delivered Quality
Description: Total defect found during verification and validation/total actual Man Month
Standard Values: maximal 75%

4.Task on Delay
Description: Total delay occurred per this week
Standard Values: maximal 0 delay

5.Actual Man Month (Effort)
Description: Total effort spent based on total working time of resources done in the project. Manpower measures in month.
Standard Values: no more than estimated Man Month

6.Profitability
Description: Profitability that spent based on total working time of resources done in the project. Manpower measures in month.
Standard Values: no more than estimated Profitability

Thank you for your help

G

gex_sree

FYI, my company business is application development which is develop application/system based on Client Requirement.

In developing the application we follow life cycle: Project Initiation (how to obtain the project), project planning, analysis, design, contruction, validation, release & validation, closed.

We need to determine/identify statistical measurement which is usable for us.
Can anybody help me to improve our statistical techniques?

Top Bottom