Statistical Tools outside of SPC

I

Internet-101

Could somebody tell me if there are some Statistical Tools outside of SPC? But those are recognized and validated by QS-9000.
And how is the best way to find and use them?

Thanks

Smile is good for your health!

:bigwave: :bigwave:

Elsmar Forum Sponsor
A

Al Dyer

Anything with a numerical value could be considered a "statistic" while not being Statistical Process Control. Also, QS-9000 does not validate or recognize specific statistical methods. Except for capability studies in APQP/PPAP QS-9000 only says to identify the need for statistics and have process control. I believe the only place SPC is mentioned is 4.20.4 where it says to reference the AIAG SPC manual for guidance on knowledge of statistical concepts.

Hope I haven't put my foot in my mouth again!:eek:

K

KenK - 2009

I have to correct your statement Al.

The 3rd edition of QS-9000 does indeed have specific requirements regarding the statistical methods used for measurement system analysis and capability analysis:

MEASUREMENT SYSTEMS ANALYSIS
Element 4.11.4: "The analytical methods and acceptance criteria used should conform to those in the Measurement Systems Analysis reference manual (e.g. bias, linearity, stability, repeatability and reproducibility studies). Other analytical methods and acceptance critieria may be used if approved by the customer.

What that means is, use the specific methods in the MSA book, or have your customer approve alternative methods in writting (we tend to avoid specific customer-approved waivers).

PROCESS CAPABILITY
The 3rd edition of PPAP is much more specific about capability indices than the previous edition. In section I.2.2.9 it states that the capability, we are specifically told that

"The index for estimating process capability or performance will be agreed upon by the customer and supplier. Cpk and Ppk are described below. Other methods more appropriate for certain processes or products may be substituted with prior customer approval."

As with the MSA methods, we have interpreted this to mean that we must use the Cpk and Ppk as described in the PPAP & SPC manuals, or else get written customer approval for alternatives.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
V Any experience/feedback on statistical software tools...minitab -design expert -JMP Using Minitab Software 4
M TS 16949 8.1.1 Identification of Statistical Tools - Requirement Scope? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 13
A SPC Training - I want to develop my knowledge in statistical tools Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 5
S Defining what Statistical Tools are - Is a Check Sheet a Statistical Tool? Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 12
Marc Six Sigma - Statistical Tools - Valid or Hype? Value? Can a CQE do the same? Six Sigma 204
M Minimum sample size - Guidance and statistical rationale Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 3
N Design Verification & Process Validation - Statistical sample sizes Design and Development of Products and Processes 2
John Predmore Interactive visualization through graphical simulation of statistical concepts Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 3
Bev D Profound Statistical Concepts Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 63
A Statistical Analysis - Check if these organisms at different concentrations affect the growth of wheat seedlings Using Minitab Software 4
H Statistical Techniques Procedure - What should be included Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 4
O Statistical justification of sampling size in V&V tests ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 5
optomist1 It’s time to talk about ditching statistical significance Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 6
Marc Steve Prevette's Statistical Process Control (SPC) "Library" Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 0
John Predmore A Balanced view of statistical tests Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 3
V Statistical basis and justification while comparing / changing sampling plans Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 11
S SPC (Statistical Process Control) for Unilateral Tolerance - Questions Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 6
S IATF 16949 9.1.1.3 Application of statistical concepts - Our technicians are quizzed for statistical knowledge IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 3
K Please help identify appropriate statistical treatment Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 13
ScottK Statistical basis for 30 pieces for FAI 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 7
B IATF 16949 clause 7.1.5.1.1 - Statistical studies shall be conducted IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 3
A Statistical Process Control and Inspection in Footwear Production Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 0
M IATF 16949 Cl. 7.1.5.1.1 - Statistical studies shall be conducted IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 3
Steve Prevette Statistical Process Control Library Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 17
Marc Happy Birthday Statistical Steven - 2015 Covegratulations 10
L When are Statistical techniques not applicable? Service Industry Specific Topics 16
M FDA 21 CFR 820.250 - Does "valid statistical" always mean math? 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 6
R Common Statistical Errors Using Minitab Software 1
Y Statistical Analysis of Road Traffic Data Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 11
B Class II Medical Device Manufacturer - SOP for 820.250 Statistical 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 3
E Correct Statistical Test comparing 2 Groups Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 14
A Statistical Software Calibration using Ford's "Sample Calibration File" Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 8
J Defining Martial Arts and Gymnastics Statistical Techniques Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 4
J Capability Analysis - Unusual Statistical Distribution of my Proccess Capability, Accuracy and Stability - Processes, Machines, etc. 5
M PhD Thesis Data Statistical Analysis Methods Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 2
J Statistical Significance and SPC Control Chart Reports Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 9
N Statistical Quality Improvement Action for Small Batch Production Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 17
V Validation of macro - scripts - programs used in statistical software (Minitab-SAS... Qualification and Validation (including 21 CFR Part 11) 5
Moncia Statistical Process Control Crash Course - Question Quality Manager and Management Related Issues 10
H Statistical Models for Predictive Management of Software Processes Software Quality Assurance 2
A Statistical Correlation between ordered SKUs Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 8
S Minitab and Crystal Ball Statistical Analysis Software Using Minitab Software 13
M Determining if two different X's have any Statistical Significance on the Y's Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 4
I Statistical Stability for the PQ of Analytical Equipment Qualification and Validation (including 21 CFR Part 11) 1
F Statistical Comparison of Product: High Average vs. Low Range Capability, Accuracy and Stability - Processes, Machines, etc. 13
E Using ANOVA during the PQ Validation Run to evaluate Statistical Differences Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 4
W Gage R&R for gage pins used to inspect a hole ID called a Statistical Tolerance Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 3
B AS 9100C sec 8.2.4 - " Recognized Statistical Principles" meaning AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 7
R What is PSW - Statistical Process Package + Level 5 APQP and PPAP 7
O Is SPC (Statistical Process Control) always required? Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 4