Statistics and Six Sigma - Newbie Seeking Information and Resources

J

Jimmy Olson

Statistics and 6 Sigma Newbie

Howdy everyone. I was interested in finding out if anyone knew of any good resources for learning the basics of statistics and six sigma.

I am relatively new to quality in a manufacturing environment (I have been in the calibration area) and am trying to learn some of the quality tools used. Right now my role is implementing ISO 9001:2000, but I would like to increase my quality skills (to make myself more valuable :) ).

I keep hearing some of the terminology, but don't really have an understanding of it since I've never had to deal with it. I do have a basic understanding of statistics and numbers from working in the calibration field, but would like to be able to learn all the "tools" that are used in manufacturing. Any information would be greatly appreciated. If you know of any good websites, or can recommend books, or if you have information to share I would be very thankful.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by a moderator:
Elsmar Forum Sponsor
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
J Excellent Resource on Statistics / Lean / Six Sigma Book, Video, Blog and Web Site Reviews and Recommendations 2
O Information on the extent of Statistics in the Six Sigma Green Belt Exam Professional Certifications and Degrees 9
A Six Sigma in terms of Statistics - An Explanation and Discussion Six Sigma 114
R I need Six Sigma and Statistics Jokes Six Sigma 9
A CQE (Certified Quality Engineer) vs. Six Sigma Black or Green Belt and Statistics Professional Certifications and Degrees 14
Richard Regalado What could go wrong with information: Ransomware statistics and facts (2018 to present) IEC 27001 - Information Security Management Systems (ISMS) 0
I Good resources for learning statistics (quality engineering related) Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 10
qualprod Statistics - Where to start in ISO 9001? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 5
Ninja Visitor Statistics - How to see a poster's stats easily? Elsmar Xenforo Forum Software Instructions and Help 3
D How do you use statistics in your job Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 6
V Accelerated Learning and Simulations / Scenarios - Statistics Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 0
P Where to find conformance statistics for ISO 15189 Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 1
V Statistics - Designs - Differences between Orthogonality and Confounding Using Minitab Software 5
M Statistics Question - What percent falls above 105? Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 2
A Assessing a Preventive Maintenance Strategy - Reliability or Maintenance Statistics Reliability Analysis - Predictions, Testing and Standards 2
S Statistics and Sampling - Accounting for Failed Tests Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 10
T Metrics and Statistics for Improvement - Easy to implement Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 4
C Statistics equation to determine the number of samples in a lot Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 8
A ASQ CQE statistics training in Australia? Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 2
E Online Degrees and Graduate Certificates in Statistics Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 1
AnaMariaVR2 Guide to Microsoft Excel for Calculations, Statistics, and Plotting Data Excel .xls Spreadsheet Templates and Tools 11
C Basic Statistics Template .xls Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 0
S Statistics in Check/Replicate Analysis - HPLC Assay (Sample Duplicates) Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 1
R Student Question - Help needed with statistics questions Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 6
M The Statistical Meaning of "Muddy Middle" - Statistics Terminology Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 6
B Descriptive Statistics where the Data Type is Text? Using Minitab Software 4
R Industry Statistics on the benefits of Quality Management Systems ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 8
Jim Wynne xkcd on Statistics and Mainstream Media Funny Stuff - Jokes and Humour 2
A R using RExcel - Non GUI Statistics Program Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 1
Wes Bucey Job recovery? or "statistics don't lie, people do" Career and Occupation Discussions 37
G Statistics Question from Production and Operations Management Course Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 3
J Gage R&R Module for R (Statistics Program) Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 4
T Survey or Statistics on the use of OHSAS 18001 Worldwide Occupational Health & Safety Management Standards 66
T Survey or Statistics on the use of the AS 9100 Standard Worldwide AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 2
H Elsmar Cove Statistics Found Online Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 2
Chennaiite Quotable Quotes - Statistics Funny Stuff - Jokes and Humour 10
S Statistics of Gage R&R & Boundary Specifications Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 15
K Sample Statistics on HR (Human Resources) Key Processes ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 3
bio_subbu FDA released guidance on use of Bayesian statistics in Clinical Studies 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 0
O Weighting Problems (Statistics) - Weight distribution for a machine setup Capability, Accuracy and Stability - Processes, Machines, etc. 5
S "Human Error" statistics Quality Manager and Management Related Issues 3
S ASQ CSSBB Exam & Knowledge of Statistics Professional Certifications and Degrees 3
J Are there PPM statistics kept by Industry Manufacturing and Related Processes 4
Marc Battery-Life Statistics After Work and Weekend Discussion Topics 4
F Error in Minitab (no statistics can be calculated with these data) Using Minitab Software 10
O The Basis of %GRR (% Gage R&R) and other Statistics - Minitab Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 21
V Management Review Meeting - Statistics for Customer Complaints and Non Conformances ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 2
T The use of Statistics at a Medical Device Manufacturer US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 16
Y Statistics and MiniTab - Example Problems Using Minitab Software 4
W Application of Statistics/ SPC tools in Oil Refineries Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 11