Staying up to date on Regulations

lizVR

Starting to get Involved
Our organization does not have a good process for monitoring regulations updates and ensuring we are current. In some geographies the information is easy to find and published in English, in others it is not. What are some of your best practices in keeping up to date on these?

Ron Rompen

Trusted Information Resource
At my previous company, we contracted a 3rd party to do that for us. Not sure how we found him (lol) but it definitely saved ME a lot of legwork.

Al Rosen

Leader
Super Moderator
Our organization does not have a good process for monitoring regulations updates and ensuring we are current. In some geographies the information is easy to find and published in English, in others it is not. What are some of your best practices in keeping up to date on these?
Can you rely on your representatives or distributors in those countries?

Watchcat

I went over to the RAPS forum to see if there was anything new on this topic there. Some people had tried some services that they described as "minimal" and "generic." One person from a larger company seemed happy with C2P:

Compliance Management Tools | Compliance & Risks

I tried to investigate, but you can't look around its website without accepting cookies. Also has an immediate pop-up inviting you to subscribe to their newsletter. I don't find these behaviors endearing, but that doesn't necessarily mean you wouldn't like their service.

For standards, rather than regulations, a lot of people seem happy with TechStreet:

Techstreet tracker

Ronen E

Problem Solver
Visit Elsmar regularly!
If you list the countries of interest it might help.

Watchcat

At my previous company, we contracted a 3rd party to do that for us. Not sure how we found him (lol) but it definitely saved ME a lot of legwork.

I gather you contracted an individual to do this specifically for your company, who focused on regulations applicable to your devices, rather than working with a company that offered this service across a wide range of devices and regulations?

Ron Rompen

This was not specifically targeted towards our part/products, but rather focused on general legislation that we were required to comply with (municipal, provincial, federal). This company/person offered this same service to a wide variety of clients.

Top Bottom