Stepping Down from my quality manager position soon

CCaantley

Involved In Discussions
Sorry to hear it. My better half deals with it as well for many years. Not sure how long you where diagnosed, but my advice is not to make a decision to step down during a flare. You can apply techniques to help with the memory, etc. As Bev said there is so much more help available today than even 10 years ago. Seek it out and find a good doctor who can work with you. Good luck.
I was just diagnosed this year. We just finished testing. The spinal tap was really fun o_O My neurologist emphasized that I need to reduce my stress, so I'm stepping down for that reason too. I hate that it's come to that, but I don't want the company to suffer if I can't perform as I used to.

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

Golfman25

Trusted Information Resource
I was just diagnosed this year. We just finished testing. The spinal tap was really fun o_O My neurologist emphasized that I need to reduce my stress, so I'm stepping down for that reason too. I hate that it's come to that, but I don't want the company to suffer if I can't perform as I used to.
I hear you. I made her quit her job due to stress - she's high strung to begin with. Took a few years. But don't sell yourself short - many people continue to perform at a high level. I have one colleague who works all day and still does triathlons.

CCaantley

Involved In Discussions
I hear you. I made her quit her job due to stress - she's high strung to begin with. Took a few years. But don't sell yourself short - many people continue to perform at a high level. I have one colleague who works all day and still does triathlons.
I guess it all depends on which symptoms you have. I wouldn't be able to do a triathlon with my leg all numb as it is.

Mike S.

Happy to be Alive
Good luck, CC. Sorry to hear of your diagnosis. I understand about the stress thing. Take care of yourself. Maybe occasional Cove visits will help you still feel connected to quality without the stress.

qualprod

CC, sorry for your diagnosis, I'll pray for you, it may be of help.

CCaantley

Involved In Discussions
MS diagnosis was confirmed Friday. Waiting to see what treatments insurance will cover. I'm hoping for the one that's every 6 months... much easier than remembering a pill every day. Also got prescribed an antidepressant... wife said I was too grumpy :devilish:.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
K MSA for Torque Dynamometer in Stepping Motor Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 2
B Certificate Suspension? Shut down due to Covid-19 IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 14
B FAR/Prime Contractor Flow-down Tool - AS9100 AS9100, IAQG 9100, Nadcap and related Aerospace Standards and Requirements 3
Q AS9120B flow down to external providers: Records Retention AS9100, IAQG 9100, Nadcap and related Aerospace Standards and Requirements 2
T Customer audit demands - that I state in my QM who can shut down production AS9100, IAQG 9100, Nadcap and related Aerospace Standards and Requirements 14
Crimpshrine13 PPAPs (How far down the tiers are we supposed to get PPAPs)? APQP and PPAP 19
D Doing both a top-down and a bottom-up risk assessment - How to combine ISO 14971 - Medical Device Risk Management 6
Q Write down same nonconformity in several processes? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 10
M NIST is one of the government services shut down General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 2
R Cascading (Flow Down) Customer Specific Requirements IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 2
B AS9102 Supplier Flow Down Method AS9100, IAQG 9100, Nadcap and related Aerospace Standards and Requirements 7
A MedAccred being flowed down to Suppliers (2018) MedAccred Industry Group Program 0
J ITAR flow down to Processors (Outsourced Processes) AS9100, IAQG 9100, Nadcap and related Aerospace Standards and Requirements 1
L Machines can't go down at all...... Management wants statement Manufacturing and Related Processes 31
Mikael What is the lightest material to make a Strong and Light Ratchet Tie Down Strap Manufacturing and Related Processes 1
Q Where to place a Down Stream Gage Inspection on an FMEA FMEA and Control Plans 5
D Down Classifying a Medical Device from Class II to Class I Other US Medical Device Regulations 21
M Document Control Management - External documents flowed down from customers Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 2
T ITAR/EAR relationship and Flow Down to Suppliers AS9100, IAQG 9100, Nadcap and related Aerospace Standards and Requirements 5
C Whittling down procedures and processes Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 15
L Excel 2013 file issue - Information in the drop down menu disappears Excel .xls Spreadsheet Templates and Tools 2
A FTA-Top/Down approach to Risk Analysis ISO 14971 - Medical Device Risk Management 2
M How to Hide Drop Down Combo Boxes (Excel) Excel .xls Spreadsheet Templates and Tools 5
Wes Bucey Hospital Turns Down Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award World News 0
N Faux Document Control System - Tear it down or transition? Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 13
V Quality Roadmap from Voice of the Customer way down to Supplier Quality Manager and Management Related Issues 4
T Uncertainty (Top Down Method)! Auditor argues that this is not enough Measurement Uncertainty (MU) 14
D FDA Reclassification of Medical Devices - Class III device down to Class II 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 2
P Can the Auditor close down the Corrective Actions? Internal Auditing 12
Z AS9100 Clause 7.4.2.d Revision Letter Flow Down to Suppliers AS9100, IAQG 9100, Nadcap and related Aerospace Standards and Requirements 12
Marc Business These Days - Maker's Mark waters down bourbon to meet demand Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 11
G Defining Post Mold Cure Ramp-Down Temperature Manufacturing and Related Processes 2
R FAR 145.205 - Maintenance Program Flow Down Requirements Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) Standards and Requirements 3
P General Manager jumps down to directly contact my staff Quality Manager and Management Related Issues 7
B Requirement for ISO 9001 Flow Down to Supply Chain? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 7
C Flowing Requirement(s) down to Subcontractors Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 5
J 7.4.2g ?flow down to the supply chain the applicable requirements including customer AS9100, IAQG 9100, Nadcap and related Aerospace Standards and Requirements 3
Richard Regalado Megaupload Shut Down After Work and Weekend Discussion Topics 0
B Rounding Numerical Values Up or Down with respect to the number of Significant Digits Measurement Uncertainty (MU) 9
F AS9100 8.5.2 g - Flowing Down Corrective Action Requirements to a Supplier AS9100, IAQG 9100, Nadcap and related Aerospace Standards and Requirements 5
T Drop Down ("Standard") Categories for Corrective Actions & Root Cause Nonconformance and Corrective Action 4
P Blackberry Server Down - October 2011 Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 4
N VDA 6.x - Requirements Pass Down to Suppliers ....Obliged?? VDA Standards - Germany's Automotive Standards 5
G Scaling down the certification scope - good idea? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 3
N Is there a standard length of time to track down non-responding customers w recalls? Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 2
G Packaging Re-Validation - Sealer machine broke down or was changed to a new one Other ISO and International Standards and European Regulations 11
A How to create Drop Down Box in Excel 2007 Excel .xls Spreadsheet Templates and Tools 2
somashekar Driving CSR (Corporate Social Responsibility) Performance down the Supply Chain Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 8
N Advice on turning down a job offer that I had already accepted Career and Occupation Discussions 18
D How do I "Drop Down List" that is a "pick all that apply" in Excel Excel .xls Spreadsheet Templates and Tools 6