Stepping Down from my quality manager position soon

CCaantley

Involved In Discussions
Hi everyone.

I'm going to be stepping down from my quality manager position soon, so I may not be able to visit the cove much anymore. Got diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis and am already seeing changes for the worse (dropping stuff, memory, left leg almost totally numb). I decided to throw in the towel before I end up messing something up and costing the company money.

Everyone here has been great and helpful, and I hope I returned the favor somewhat.

Chris

Eredhel

Quality Manager
I'm sorry to hear that. My sister has dealt with MS for 15 years or so. If you enjoy quality stuff I bet you could still come around and be active. I hope you're able to find enjoyable things for your time along the way.

CCaantley

Involved In Discussions
I'll be going back to the production floor for as long as I'm able. I could check the cove from home, but won't have a computer on the floor.

Marc

Fully vaccinated are you?
Leader
Sorry to hear about your diagnosis. Best wishes, and do stop by when you have a bit of time. If we can help in any way, do let us know.

Bev D

Heretical Statistician
Leader
Super Moderator
So sorry to hear about your diagnosis. My wife also was diagnosed with MS 20 years ago. Take care. There are many resources and support groups now that we have found to be enormously helpful.

CCaantley

Involved In Discussions
So sorry to hear about your diagnosis. My wife also was diagnosed with MS 20 years ago. Take care. There are many resources and support groups now that we have found to be enormously helpful.
Probably the best support I have is my wife and a Facebook friend I was published in a short story anthology with who has it. :)

Golfman25

Trusted Information Resource
Sorry to hear it. My better half deals with it as well for many years. Not sure how long you where diagnosed, but my advice is not to make a decision to step down during a flare. You can apply techniques to help with the memory, etc. As Bev said there is so much more help available today than even 10 years ago. Seek it out and find a good doctor who can work with you. Good luck.

Top Bottom