Structure in ISO 9001 documentation - Level 1, Level 2, Level 3, Level4, etc.

G

gilsg

Hai, I am just starting to get acquainted to documentation for ISO (and FDA).
I have 2 questions regarding the structure of required ISO-documentation:
1: I see level2, level3 or level4 in ISO-documentation. Can anyone tell me (or give me references) what those levels mean?
2: When you want to set up a new documentation system, is a certain structure recommended (required)? Do you have any references?

Elsmar Forum Sponsor
J

Jim Evans

Basically, Level 1 is your quality manual which defines your approach and responsibility. Level 2 is your Procedures which defines Who will do What and When. Level 3 are your job instructions which answers How you will do your procedures. Level 4 are your prompts for recording information such as forms, labels, test reports etc. Once completed they become quality records.

The format for documentation is entirely at your discretion. Find a way that works for your organaization. I used an element approach exactly laid out in the ISO/QS manual. If you use this approach (and are going for ISO only) you may want to wait until the new version of ISO comes out.

A question from me: Does anyone know if the ISO 9001/2000 is still on schedule for release next month?

Best Regards,

Jim

J

Jim Biz

Did find out yesterday at a Quality 9000:2000 conference from a knowledgeable committee member that the FDIS standard as currently worded (with the exception of a possible comma or period here & there) - is on schedule and expected to be voted IE official by mid-November - But ASQ "probably" would not have time to get official published print copies made up & available for purchase until mid to late December.

Regards
Jim

[This message has been edited by Jim Biz (edited 05 October 2000).]

D

David Mullins

Order now - and you will get it before the month is out.

LRQA - there is a name to remember and avoid!

------------------

J

Jim Triller

An auditor (with LRQA) I spoke with last week is (realistically) expecting it to be released January-February, 2001. He also said that currently registered organizations would have three years to transition to the new standard.

R

rrramirez

LRQA registered a venezuelan bank where the previous knowledge in quality management was "0" and where most people don´t know anything about ISO 9000. This register was made with an implementation process of 3 month in one branch of 100.
Reinaldo Ramírez

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S Has anyone created a Turtle Diagram reflecting the new ISO 9001:2015 Structure? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 3
M ISO 9001 Work Instruction Structure Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 1
Marc ISO 9001:2015 Structure - Top Level Clauses ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 18
B Advice needed on obtaining ISO 9001:2008 for small structure ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 9
S Structure for Implementing ISO 9001 - Detailed action plan of the significant steps ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 2
A A macro-process structure approach to auditing for ISO 9001:2000(8) General Auditing Discussions 19
L Document Hierarchy Structure for Documents Compliant in ISO 9001 and CMMI Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 23
Paul Simpson Informational The role of Annex SL - High Level Structure of ISO MSS's - Revision Update February 2019 ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 26
M ISO 13485 and the High Level Structure (HLS) ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 0
P Is the next revision of ISO 15378 following the High Level Structure? Other ISO and International Standards and European Regulations 5
R ISO 14001 - EH&S Reporting Structure & Products and Process ISO 14001:2015 Specific Discussions 2
D New Structure for ISO-14001 and other Management System Standards ISO 14001:2015 Specific Discussions 7
Sidney Vianna The Future Structure of ISO Management System Standards Other ISO and International Standards and European Regulations 61
Q ISO 13485 Clause 4.2.2 Documentation Structure - Quality Manual clarification ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 6
P ISO 14001 Structure and assistance ISO 14001:2015 Specific Discussions 4
C Structure and Content of DMR / Technical Documentation (FDA vs. ISO 13485)? Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 6
H New Clause Structure of ISO 13485:2003 ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 5
P ISO/TS 16949:2002 Documentation Structure IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 6
J Implementing ISO 9000:2000 using the ISO 9000:1994 Numbering Structure ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 6
M Job Descriptions Under ISO 14001 - Section 4.4.1 Structure and Responsibility Miscellaneous Environmental Standards and EMS Related Discussions 6
D Quality Team Structure ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 2
J Documentation structure - Do I need Work Instructions? Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 23
M How to complete structure Analysis and Function analysis sections' columns of AIAG-VDA DFMEA form FMEA and Control Plans 0
U IT Process is Taken From company and Added to Corporate Structure ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 4
M Informational IMDRF proposed document – IMDRF terminologies for categorized Adverse Event Reporting (AER): terms, terminology structure and codes (Edition 4) – Anne Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
D China - Where I can get NMPA complete structure/organogram chart and GB/YY format list China Medical Device Regulations 1
S MDR Technical File Structure Requirements EU Medical Device Regulations 12
M FMEA/DCP Structure and Quantity - Similar Parts and Processes FMEA and Control Plans 7
E Department Plan for QA and HSE (profile, plans, structure, goals, etc.) Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 2
R How to create a Work Breakdown Structure? Registrars and Notified Bodies 2
F Business expanding - Campus vs Multi Site Certification Structure AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 4
D Technical file structure/content requirements for Class IIa devices & new MDR EU Medical Device Regulations 14
E High level structure - Planning and operation control Occupational Health & Safety Management Standards 2
P Japan MHLW Ordinance No 94. (QMS structure Regulation) Japan Medical Device Regulations 1
M Kinds of plastic for molded parts in a main frame as structure Manufacturing and Related Processes 7
M Organizational Chart - Organizational Structure example wanted Quality Manager and Management Related Issues 2
P Do I need to Register with FDA? How shall my structure of processes look like? US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 4
F Quality Manager - Conflict of interests in organisational structure AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 3
S How to Add Water to a MDS Tree Structure RoHS, REACH, ELV, IMDS and Restricted Substances 4
J Setup/structure of IDE in the US Other US Medical Device Regulations 3
T Quality Department Structure in a Small Medical Device Company Quality Manager and Management Related Issues 4
E Is GHTF Classification Structure similar to EU MDD Calssification EU Medical Device Regulations 3
M Please help to change the numbering in level 3 of structure Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 1
T Information and Structure for Technical Documentation for Firmware ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 1
D Internal Audit Structure and Focus Internal Auditing 7
insect warfare How is the Management Review structure of your company set up? Management Review Meetings and related Processes 5
J How to structure a DHF when all manufacturing is done by Contract Maufacturers 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 3
JodiB Structure and Content of Job Descriptions General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 2
A Organisation Structure and Responsibilities - Clarification Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 6
G Structure and Method behind the Planning of 8.2.2 Internal Audit Internal Auditing 6