Struggling to finish my dissertation - ISO 9001 Implementation Problems

M

mikorfa

:p I am still struggling to finish my dissertation, which is about the implementation of ISO 9001:2000 in a small manufacturing workshop. :confused: The problem at this point is that i can't find in any book, problems of implementation of these or similar standards, specificaly for small businesses which are definately more and also bigger than for bigger organizations.:truce: Could you please help me?

Thank you all in advance!!:lick:

Elsmar Forum Sponsor
J

Jim Biz

I would think it would be possible to approach this issue from two different viewpoints

1) internal resistance to change
2) Differing external interpretation of any standard

If you read through the Auditing Section you will find interpretation info there - possibly do a search here using "change" or "implementation" as a keyword.

A

Al Dyer

For a small company:

Aligned with cost is management committment and more importantly, management involvement.

MHO

R

ROMALLEY

Amen!

I've worked like a mad dog for the past eleven months, upwardly managing a small family owner manufacturing company into compliancy. We were two days away from our first internal auditor training session, and the president informed me we could no longer afford to concentrate our resources on the project. It was "put on hold for several months". In a month and a half I have witnessed everyone of our implemented procedures crumble. Management commitment is mission critical in the successful implementation of ISO, unfortunately small companies are often to diluted to make the grade.

One mans opinion.:mad: :ca:

E

energy

Not too bad!

Originally posted by ROMALLEY
Amen!
the president informed me we could no longer afford to concentrate our resources on the project. It was "put on hold for several months".
You're fortunate the President had the sense to put it on hold. Our President is demanding full speed ahead, even though there is no real committment from middle management. "We're too busy" and "We don't have time for that sh-t" are common excuses for not having their assignments ready on time. We are interviewing possible Registrars this month and next with a couple of written procedures, not followed and no released QPM, yet. "I am holding you responsible" he roars. The General Manager, who I report to, runs the whole show. His committment is merely to have meetings and keep asking me where do we stand. Nobody has helped on their own. The day of reckoning is at hand. How do you tell the CEO that his right arm is the roadblock? How do I tell the CEO that my immediate supervisor has failed to demonstrate leadership? We have a flat line reporting system here. All key personnel report to him. Finally, how do I tell my boss that he's the problem? He truly believes that this is what I'm here for. Our consultant has stated over and over that is not a one man show. he just doesn't get it. Consider yourself lucky. Besides your personal disappointment, your :ca: is not on the line.:ko: :smokin:

R

ROMALLEY

How do I tell the CEO that my immediate supervisor has failed to demonstrate leadership? [energy]

I would suggest you find a way, lest it come back and bite you on the arse. I appreciate your dilemma,......suddenly I don't feel so bad:biglaugh:

E

energy

The way....

The way is already figured out. It may be the last thing I say as I head out the door. If not voluntary, worse. At my age I have to tread carefully. Fortunately, I have not burned any bridges with my former employer. They will take me back tomorrow. I've already received an offer. I just love what I do at this Company. It's a shame that they are such an unruly mob of truly talented people. Maybe as it gets down to the wire they will rearrange their priorities. I'm relying on our consultant to get tough with them. I can always use him to do the dirty work. After all, he knows that it isn't me. We've talked. But, I sense that even he is intimidated by the GM. The consultant does the same thing the GM does. Looks at me and asks "Where do we stand?" We have him scheduled to come in here on the 25th of this month. I will ask him to address his inquiries as to our status to the pack. Then, they will all turn and look at me. I will just look back in silence. Maybe even look over my shoulder to see if there is someone standing behind me. Think that will work? :vfunny: :bonk::smokin:

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
F Struggling with a root cause analysis - Customer Returns - Escape issue Problem Solving, Root Cause Fault and Failure Analysis 15
Proud Liberal Struggling w/ GR&R on ID Spline Runout Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 0
T Struggling with ISO 13485:2016 Clause 6.2 - Level of Risk Associated with Work ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 3
I Struggling with Training and Competence ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 10
S Struggling with definition of Initial Importer and First Title 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 2
B Struggling With Writing PA (Preventive Action) Procedure Preventive Action and Continuous Improvement 11
M A newbie to RM struggling with the policy ISO 14971 - Medical Device Risk Management 1
S Are you struggling with your IEC 60601-1 3rd edition testing lab? IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 16
K Struggling with the Gap Analysis Documentation for IEC 60601 IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 3
A Struggling with Process and Sub-Process Validation - Brain Catheter Design and Development of Products and Processes 2
L Struggling with Writing Effective Root Cause Statements Problem Solving, Root Cause Fault and Failure Analysis 13
B Quality Planning process map - Struggling to define all the inputs and outputs Process Maps, Process Mapping and Turtle Diagrams 17
M ASME NQA-1-1994 Standards - Struggling with the supplement references Various Other Specifications, Standards, and related Requirements 16
C Struggling to teach a co-worker how to read dial calipers, any advice? General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 13
K Repetitive Nonconformance (Struggling with Corrective Action Tools) - Need Help! Nonconformance and Corrective Action 14
K Struggling with keeping part-time internal auditors in our program Internal Auditing 15
H Still Struggling.... Control chart practice problems for the CQT Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 3
J Gear Surface Finish - Print with the word "calibrated" Manufacturing and Related Processes 2
8 Surface Finish - Callout as 8 - 16 Rq Manufacturing and Related Processes 1
GoKats78 Callout on Surface Finish General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 11
S Difference between Surface Finish (Ra) and Flatness (GD&T) Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 6
G Paint finish rejections Manufacturing and Related Processes 16
Proud Liberal Surface finish measurement (roughness) - Rz under the ISO standard vs ANSI standard Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 0
Proud Liberal Measuring axial and radial surface finish (16 Rz) on a broached internal radius Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 1
B Surface Finish Equipment MSA (Measurement System Analysis) Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 5
kedarg6500 Surface Finish Measurement Methods Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 13
P Surface Finish measurement for machined (finished) component/part Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 2
J Definition Standards for Dimensions and Surface Finish on a Rod Definitions, Acronyms, Abbreviations and Interpretations Listed Alphabetically 11
A Is it mandatory to have a profilometer to inspect >16 surface finish? General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 8
T Interpretation of Surface Finish Specification Manufacturing and Related Processes 2
hogheavenfarm Bolting through a Finish Coating Manufacturing and Related Processes 14
D Surface Finish Inspection Company (Laboratory) (Detroit area) needed Manufacturing and Related Processes 1
A Conducting a DOE in Minitab - Improving Surface Finish of an Impeller Using Minitab Software 10
N PCB (medical device) Surface Finish Selection. Manufacturing and Related Processes 2
S Surface Finish - Conversion factor to transform Rz Jis in Rz Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 6
N MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) for Surface Finish Equipment Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 3
P Inner Diameter Surface Finish Ra Value vs. Surface Finish Graph Output Manufacturing and Related Processes 11
hogheavenfarm Subjective vs Objective Finish Issues - Stainless Steel Bar Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 20
R Copper Flash Tin Plate - Part that calls for Dull Tin Finish with a Copper Flash Manufacturing and Related Processes 13
E Marking the material category for Component Terminal Finish (Jedec J-std-609)? Manufacturing and Related Processes 1
ScottK Inspecting surface finish on SS on a piece that can't be measured with current equip. Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 2
M Re: Gage R&R - Please help, how do I finish this? Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 11
D "Bake Test" for a Matte Finish Tin Coated Product - Has anyone heard of this? General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 1
ScottK Surface Finish on machined brass (or other metals)- Attribute or Variable inspection? Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 8
ScottK Measuring Capability on a One Sided Variable (Surface Finish) Capability, Accuracy and Stability - Processes, Machines, etc. 17
W Surface Finish parameters - Mechanical stylus based testing of a cylindrical part Manufacturing and Related Processes 2
W Surface Finish Measurement Technique Manufacturing and Related Processes 3
T Surface Finish Requirements (Ra 150) for Blasted Titanium Surfaces Manufacturing and Related Processes 12
J New at aluminium die casting process (injection, trimming, spc, finish, defects) Manufacturing and Related Processes 3
J Surface Finish Tester Recommendations with both Ra and Rz (english and metric) scales Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 1