Struggling to finish my dissertation - ISO 9001 Implementation Problems

M

mikorfa

:p I am still struggling to finish my dissertation, which is about the implementation of ISO 9001:2000 in a small manufacturing workshop. :confused: The problem at this point is that i can't find in any book, problems of implementation of these or similar standards, specificaly for small businesses which are definately more and also bigger than for bigger organizations.:truce: Could you please help me?

Thank you all in advance!!:lick:

J

Jim Biz

I would think it would be possible to approach this issue from two different viewpoints

1) internal resistance to change
2) Differing external interpretation of any standard

If you read through the Auditing Section you will find interpretation info there - possibly do a search here using "change" or "implementation" as a keyword.

gpainter

Quite Involved in Discussions
If I recall from another post Marc is going to put something out on this from his experiences. (???)

A

Al Dyer

For a small company:

Aligned with cost is management committment and more importantly, management involvement.

MHO

R

ROMALLEY

Amen!

I've worked like a mad dog for the past eleven months, upwardly managing a small family owner manufacturing company into compliancy. We were two days away from our first internal auditor training session, and the president informed me we could no longer afford to concentrate our resources on the project. It was "put on hold for several months". In a month and a half I have witnessed everyone of our implemented procedures crumble. Management commitment is mission critical in the successful implementation of ISO, unfortunately small companies are often to diluted to make the grade.

One mans opinion.:mad: :ca:

E

energy

Not too bad!

Originally posted by ROMALLEY
Amen!
the president informed me we could no longer afford to concentrate our resources on the project. It was "put on hold for several months".

You're fortunate the President had the sense to put it on hold. Our President is demanding full speed ahead, even though there is no real committment from middle management. "We're too busy" and "We don't have time for that sh-t" are common excuses for not having their assignments ready on time. We are interviewing possible Registrars this month and next with a couple of written procedures, not followed and no released QPM, yet. "I am holding you responsible" he roars. The General Manager, who I report to, runs the whole show. His committment is merely to have meetings and keep asking me where do we stand. Nobody has helped on their own. The day of reckoning is at hand. How do you tell the CEO that his right arm is the roadblock? How do I tell the CEO that my immediate supervisor has failed to demonstrate leadership? We have a flat line reporting system here. All key personnel report to him. Finally, how do I tell my boss that he's the problem? He truly believes that this is what I'm here for. Our consultant has stated over and over that is not a one man show. he just doesn't get it. Consider yourself lucky. Besides your personal disappointment, your :ca: is not on the line.:ko: :smokin:

R

ROMALLEY

How do I tell the CEO that my immediate supervisor has failed to demonstrate leadership? [energy]

I would suggest you find a way, lest it come back and bite you on the arse. I appreciate your dilemma,......suddenly I don't feel so bad:biglaugh:

E

energy

The way....

The way is already figured out. It may be the last thing I say as I head out the door. If not voluntary, worse. At my age I have to tread carefully. Fortunately, I have not burned any bridges with my former employer. They will take me back tomorrow. I've already received an offer. I just love what I do at this Company. It's a shame that they are such an unruly mob of truly talented people. Maybe as it gets down to the wire they will rearrange their priorities. I'm relying on our consultant to get tough with them. I can always use him to do the dirty work. After all, he knows that it isn't me. We've talked. But, I sense that even he is intimidated by the GM. The consultant does the same thing the GM does. Looks at me and asks "Where do we stand?" We have him scheduled to come in here on the 25th of this month. I will ask him to address his inquiries as to our status to the pack. Then, they will all turn and look at me. I will just look back in silence. Maybe even look over my shoulder to see if there is someone standing behind me. Think that will work? :vfunny: :bonk::smokin:

Top Bottom