Student Introductions from Fall 2004

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

BadAttitude

Hello my name is Eric and I am a student

Hi my name is Eric and I am a graduate student, as well as an Academic Advisor and a whole bunch of other stuff. Frankly I am always first on these things because I am a technophile, an ubergeek who loves anything on the web. I probably should be doing my program online but all you people give me a bit of a big warm fuzzy so I hang out with you.

This bulletin board package has me a little confused mostly because it has so many things enabled on it. That and it's a little OLD SKOOL with all the smileys. But hey who am I to say. I blog sometimes OK I blog a lot but you're not getting my blog URL because I refuse to give any of you anything you can use against me. I think Blogging is the next best thing, and will continue to grow because it allows people to post and go rather than being glued to a chat room like a lot of us used to do in the 90's (remember them?)

OK that's about it, you all know where to find me (hiding behind my protector Kathy).

:ca::whip: I can't believe this chat room has a booty in it -- AND a whip cracker. There I did it, you are all free to do it now. I left the horse for someone else but was sorely tempted.

B

bsmith-1

Student Introduction - Hi my name is Beth

Hi, my name is Beth and I am a part-time student at City U a full time mom and full time Business Operations Manager for the Kennewick Irrigation District. First of all I want to know what a BLOGGER or what BLOGGING is????? I am taking one on-line class and thanks to Eric's excellent advising, one classroom class; this one.

I have never used a forum like this so I might need a little training :confused:

I was briefly associated with the local ASQ/AQP club and met Steve P. a few times. I am really excited about this class and hope I can bring some of it back to my work.

See everyone Wednesday. :lmao:

Steve Prevette

Deming Disciple
Leader
Super Moderator
bsmith-1 said:
First of all I want to know what a BLOGGER or what BLOGGING is?????
Actually, if you were able to post the message you just posted, you know enough about the board to get by. "Blogging" has a bit of mystique to it, and is a little different than discussion boards like this, sort of like a person's personal web diary (or "web log" which became shortened to "blog").

- Steve

K

Karen Brown

Karen B.

:bigwave: Greeting from Karen, a City U. graduate student on the down-hill side of my MBA. Owner of JOBS etc., a sole-proprietor contracting business,
I have been assisting people with disabilities to successfully enter the workforce for the past 10 years.
I have had one previous class with Eric--technophile?? ubergeek??
This is foreign to me! Despite his idiosyncrasies, Eric is a very helpful advisor and entertaining classmate!
Truthfully, this class scares me! Still, looking forward to meeting all of you and getting on with completing this class.
Karen

W

wealthbuilder

Ernie Barela (WealthBuilder)

Family: Married for 9 years now, to Michelle Dawn (Maier) and we have a 4 yr old daughter - Emily Rose. Emily was born on Superbowl Sunday 2000, just 13 minutes after kickoff. We didn't miss the game!
Its funny how she(Emily) loves to watch the game. :bighug:

Education (so far): :bonk: WSU Graduate with 2 BA's; International Trade & Finance and the other in International Economic Development. I have eight course left, including this one and two capstones for a double MBA, Personal Financial Planning and Financial Management.

:2cents: Career: I am a Personal Financial Representative with Allstate Financial Services. I have been in the financial industry for 18 years, with the last 12 in the insurance and investment arena.

Goals (in part): To be TFI (Totally Financially Independent) by age 50, less than eight years away. :agree1:

This Course: :applause: I am looking forward to this course, I am finding it interesting, informative and entertaining!

N

Nestor

Jim Kramper, Nestor

Hi Steve,

I am part way through my journey of attaining a M.A. Management.

I started a graduate program in 1972. At that time, in a graduate business course, an unremembered professor stated that to be an effective executive one does not need to be a statistician, but only to know if the statistician you are working with is an accomplished statistician. It was reassuring to listen to a similar declaration by you on Wednesday.

I am an advertising consultant. I have been in that field for the past 17 years. Prior to working with small businesses, I was a truck fleet salesman, an operations manager, a small truck fleet operator, an agri-business sales rep, and in a former life, a farmer.

My expectation of this class is to be reasonably able to base decisions on some factual data interpretation.

I am part of the Yakima Excursion Group that attends your class, so please be tolerant of yawns now and then. The day starts very early and seems to run very long.

My undergraduate degree is a B.A. Arts, History

More to follow....

R

RosieA

BadAttitude said:
:ca::whip: I can't believe this chat room has a booty in it -- AND a whip cracker. There I did it, you are all free to do it now. I left the horse for someone else but was sorely tempted.

Hey Eric, you sound a lot like my 26 year old son. He went missing a few years ago after I tried to choke the life out of him for being cheeky to old people. You aren't him, are you? It's hard to tell from the picture.

"Mom"

J

jk wharton

Hi! :bigwave: My name is Janet Wharton. I am a graduate student currently working toward an MBA/MPA with a Human Resources emphasis. Big change for me as all of my undergraduate work was in Social Sciences.

This is a very interesting discussion board. I am still trying to get acquainted with it and it's capabilities. Lots of information to go through, but very informative. :read:

I am looking forward to learning more about this subject and have heard from other students at City U that Steve is a great teacher. :gossip:

If anyone has any suggestions regarding this forum or how to most effectively utilize it, please don't hesitate to reply. :thanx:

Janet

Steve Prevette

Deming Disciple
Leader
Super Moderator
jk wharton said:
If anyone has any suggestions regarding this forum or how to most effectively utilize it, please don't hesitate to reply. :thanx:

At our last class I did identify that there would be two essay questions on the midterm and you all are welcome to discuss them amongst yourselfs here on the Cove. One essay question will be on lessons you have learned from the Red Beads, and the other based upon the limitations and assumptions of Linear Programming. Especially its tendency to foster stove-pipes, and not include interactions between terms (straight linear combinations of data).

- Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom