Student seeking traceability information: general purpose, methods, techniques

S

simon

traceability

I'm looking for detailled informations about traceability: general purpose, methods, techniques... in a way to accurate the whole traceability of products and documents in a 1,100 person company where I'm doing a six-months training period (I'm an ingineer-school student). Unfortunatly, I never found more than ten lines of intersting text.
SO HELP ME OR I'M GONNA TURN CRAZY...

A

AJPaton

Don't know if this'll help, but for products I've dealt with we trace the products with job/serial numbers. Job or serial numbers are generated or doled out from a controlled location to prevent repetition.

Supporting documents are linked to these numbers and are then revision controlled. Revision dates are recorded, and items are usually built to the most recent rev.

However, if the product has a longer cycle time, and the revision does not significantly impact function or SAFETY, there is a certain leeway permitted. Frequently changes will have an effectivity date for production, which means that articles started on or after that date are to be built to the new revision standards.

Hope that deals with your question.

AJP

Top Bottom