Student seeking traceability information: general purpose, methods, techniques

S

simon

traceability

I'm looking for detailled informations about traceability: general purpose, methods, techniques... in a way to accurate the whole traceability of products and documents in a 1,100 person company where I'm doing a six-months training period (I'm an ingineer-school student). Unfortunatly, I never found more than ten lines of intersting text.
SO HELP ME OR I'M GONNA TURN CRAZY...

Elsmar Forum Sponsor
A

AJPaton

Don't know if this'll help, but for products I've dealt with we trace the products with job/serial numbers. Job or serial numbers are generated or doled out from a controlled location to prevent repetition.

Supporting documents are linked to these numbers and are then revision controlled. Revision dates are recorded, and items are usually built to the most recent rev.

However, if the product has a longer cycle time, and the revision does not significantly impact function or SAFETY, there is a certain leeway permitted. Frequently changes will have an effectivity date for production, which means that articles started on or after that date are to be built to the new revision standards.

Hope that deals with your question.

AJP

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
E Definition Multi-Agent-Based Simulation on Supply Chain Management - Student Seeking Information Definitions, Acronyms, Abbreviations and Interpretations Listed Alphabetically 1
E Definition Quality Control Circle - Student Seeking Information Definitions, Acronyms, Abbreviations and Interpretations Listed Alphabetically 9
N Student trying to apply Lean Six Sigma on a Construction project in my thesis Lean in Manufacturing and Service Industries 3
K Student wanting Case Study about Internal Audit Report Internal Auditing 1
R MDR 745/2017 keynote - I'm a student and I'm writing a thesis EU Medical Device Regulations 4
R Internal Auditor vs. Public Accountant - Accounting Student Needing Help Career and Occupation Discussions 4
M [Student] Documented Process vs Documented Procedure IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 5
G Senior Project for BS Mechanical Engineering Student Career and Occupation Discussions 4
Ron Rompen Quick question on results of Student-t test Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 7
F ISO 22000 Disadvantages - Student Exam Question Food Safety - ISO 22000, HACCP (21 CFR 120) 4
M Average Run Length (Student Question) Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 3
M Autocorrelation Techniques (Student Question) Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 6
M Standard Deviation Estimation Formula - Student Question Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 4
J Calculation of the Mean - Student Question about Cpk calculation Capability, Accuracy and Stability - Processes, Machines, etc. 6
D Multiple regression with student t distribution Using Minitab Software 1
R Student Question - Help needed with statistics questions Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 6
S Student's T distribution/table & d2,d2* tables General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 1
L Drawing an OC Curve from a Sampling Plan - Student Problem Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 3
R Product Recall Plan for an Electrical Gadget - Student Project Nonconformance and Corrective Action 6
J ISO 9001 and Public Schools - Under continuous fire for low student achievement ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 85
Z Injection Molding cycle time benchmarking - Ball State University student Benchmarking 10
B MTBF calculations - Three student homework problems Reliability Analysis - Predictions, Testing and Standards 10
T College Student, looking for advice on Engineering Career and Occupation Discussions 7
P Counting the occurences of a value in a column - Minitab student release 12 Using Minitab Software 4
M Information about APQP, PPAP and MSI for TS 16949 implementation (student) APQP and PPAP 1
M Student searching for a TS 16949 Quality Manual IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 3
P Question about High School Student Travel Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 11
H Describing Processes - Where do I start? (student) ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 8
S Student needs advice on his career in the field of Lean Manufacturing and Six Sigma Career and Occupation Discussions 14
S Student requests help on Lean Manufacturing - Masters in industrial engineering Lean in Manufacturing and Service Industries 14
B How to do the Control Plan and MSA - Student needs help FMEA and Control Plans 6
C Master's Student finishing up in Dec. Wondering what jobs to look for? Career and Occupation Discussions 11
L Need brief and clear description of ISO 9001 QMS quality standard - Student report ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 1
S Uncertainity & Student's T distribution - Calculus of uncertainty in calibration Measurement Uncertainty (MU) 1
W Seeking Guidance Verification Test Strategy for Class B Medical Devices IEC 62304 - Medical Device Software Life Cycle Processes 1
M Seeking advice regarding use of off-the-shelf (OTS) batteries Other Medical Device and Orthopedic Related Topics 4
A ISMS - Seeking VAPT Consultant Food Safety - ISO 22000, HACCP (21 CFR 120) 1
M Medical Device Directive - Seeking common nonconformance write up scenarios CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 2
S Seeking efficient method to manage install base data Manufacturing and Related Processes 0
K Seeking ISO 13485 Registrar Recommendations Registrars and Notified Bodies 15
R Tapping problems - 3/8" hot roll pickled & oiled steel - seeking expertise Manufacturing and Related Processes 15
S Responsibilities between government owner and private subcontractor of a power plant seeking ISO 9001 certification ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 9
B Seeking for an example or a template of a Business Plan Service Industry Specific Topics 3
B Health Canada Recall Definition - Seeking Clarification Canada Medical Device Regulations 5
W Seeking Returned Merchandise Procedure Customer Complaints 1
QMMike New Trend of not seeking Official ISO 9001 Registration ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 33
R Clinical Evaluation according to MEDDEV 2.7.1 (Rev 4) - seeking template ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 6
T ISO 9001:2015 Training for Management Team in NM - Seeking Suggestions and Providers ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 5
D Seeking Corrective Action Process Examples Nonconformance and Corrective Action 3
M AS9102 Training - Seeking third party agency that provides online AS9102 training AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 1