Student trying to apply Lean Six Sigma on a Construction project in my thesis

hello, I'm a student trying to apply lean six sigma on a construction project in my thesis & I'm looking for effecient tools for each step of the DMAIC methode in the application on a construction project & if possible some exmeples of the application on this type of projetcs specifically.
cordially

Elsmar Forum Sponsor
I didn't find the application on construction projects & there are so many tools for each step of DMAIC I risk of not having an effecient application since there is no guide line.

The point is not to simply apply a set of "efficient" tools then DMAIC done but starting by asking question like "What's is the Voice of Customer?" in construction industry so how's the "Critical To Quality"? What's the baseline of these CTQ today? Then you would explore it naturally step by step with appropriate tools. Tools subject to your problem.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
K Student wanting Case Study about Internal Audit Report Internal Auditing 1
R MDR 745/2017 keynote - I'm a student and I'm writing a thesis EU Medical Device Regulations 4
R Internal Auditor vs. Public Accountant - Accounting Student Needing Help Career and Occupation Discussions 4
M [Student] Documented Process vs Documented Procedure IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 5
G Senior Project for BS Mechanical Engineering Student Career and Occupation Discussions 4
Ron Rompen Quick question on results of Student-t test Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 7
F ISO 22000 Disadvantages - Student Exam Question Food Safety - ISO 22000, HACCP (21 CFR 120) 4
M Average Run Length (Student Question) Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 3
M Autocorrelation Techniques (Student Question) Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 6
M Standard Deviation Estimation Formula - Student Question Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 4
J Calculation of the Mean - Student Question about Cpk calculation Capability, Accuracy and Stability - Processes, Machines, etc. 6
D Multiple regression with student t distribution Using Minitab Software 1
R Student Question - Help needed with statistics questions Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 6
S Student's T distribution/table & d2,d2* tables General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 1
L Drawing an OC Curve from a Sampling Plan - Student Problem Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 3
R Product Recall Plan for an Electrical Gadget - Student Project Nonconformance and Corrective Action 6
J ISO 9001 and Public Schools - Under continuous fire for low student achievement ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 85
Z Injection Molding cycle time benchmarking - Ball State University student Benchmarking 10
B MTBF calculations - Three student homework problems Reliability Analysis - Predictions, Testing and Standards 10
E Definition Multi-Agent-Based Simulation on Supply Chain Management - Student Seeking Information Definitions, Acronyms, Abbreviations and Interpretations Listed Alphabetically 1
E Definition Quality Control Circle - Student Seeking Information Definitions, Acronyms, Abbreviations and Interpretations Listed Alphabetically 9
T College Student, looking for advice on Engineering Career and Occupation Discussions 7
P Counting the occurences of a value in a column - Minitab student release 12 Using Minitab Software 4
M Information about APQP, PPAP and MSI for TS 16949 implementation (student) APQP and PPAP 1
M Student searching for a TS 16949 Quality Manual IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 3
P Question about High School Student Travel Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 11
H Describing Processes - Where do I start? (student) ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 8
S Student needs advice on his career in the field of Lean Manufacturing and Six Sigma Career and Occupation Discussions 14
S Student requests help on Lean Manufacturing - Masters in industrial engineering Lean in Manufacturing and Service Industries 14
B How to do the Control Plan and MSA - Student needs help FMEA and Control Plans 6
C Master's Student finishing up in Dec. Wondering what jobs to look for? Career and Occupation Discussions 11
L Need brief and clear description of ISO 9001 QMS quality standard - Student report ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 1
S Uncertainity & Student's T distribution - Calculus of uncertainty in calibration Measurement Uncertainty (MU) 1
Skooma Receiving Inspection - Boss trying to save money AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 7
M Error trying to Start a New Thread Elsmar Cove Forum Suggestions, Complaints, Problems and Bug Reports 2
S Beginner trying to OEM a medical device - Branded Electric Acupuncture Pen EU Medical Device Regulations 3
K Trying to figure out what satisfies a few aspects of IEC 62304 IEC 62304 - Medical Device Software Life Cycle Processes 2
I Trying to explain some of the Management Review Inputs (AS9100D) Management Review Meetings and related Processes 10
S Trying to understand 7.2.1(d) of ISO 13485 - Medical Device User Training ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 8
M Help trying to explain accuracy procedure General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 1
A Supplier trying to avoid RMA's Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 11
K Auditors are trying to drive this business General Auditing Discussions 36
P Value Stream Mapping - Trying to do Value Stream Mapping of our Products Lean in Manufacturing and Service Industries 3
M Trying to take current documentation and put it into ISO forms Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 1
J Trying to determine whether a steel plate is bowed with a Faro Arm Calibration and Metrology Software and Hardware 8
B I'm trying to write detailed Customer Service Work Instructions Customer Complaints 10
Mikishots Trying to locate a LEGIBLE MIL-STD-105E copy Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 5
A Trying to fit a GLM - Minitab 16 negative Error df Using Minitab Software 4
2 Trying to Implement a Manufacturing Engineer Concept to my Company Manufacturing and Related Processes 5
P Trying to figure Minor ? on Female Rolled Threads Various Other Specifications, Standards, and related Requirements 1