Students trying find information on Producation Part Approval Process - ABC of PPAP

S

Sanjay Lal

Hi,
We are a group of students and we are trying out find information on PPAP, for ex; how did it evolve, what is it, Is it only related to Tier1 company, is it similar to ISO9000....etc. We also need actual manuals to read on what steps are followed under different customer requirements. Please help and direct us to a proper source. If possible, can someone direct us to some facility in Kalamazoo, MI that deals with PPAP.
Regards,
Sanjay Lal

Elsmar Forum Sponsor
A

Al Dyer

PPAP stands for Production Part Approval Process and is a requirement to do business with american automakers. It is not directly related to ISO-9000 but is a requirement of QS-9000 (Automotive) which is based on the requirements found in ISO-9000.

It is a requirement for tier I companies but also used by tier II and II companies. Contact the AIAG and you can find out more and order PPAP requirements.
www.aiag.com

This is a very basic overview and there are many other informative areas of this forum to further explain PPAP (the outcome of APQP) so good luck!

------------------
Al Dyer
Mngt. Rep.
[email protected]

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
somashekar ISO 9001 Certification, School context - Students are...? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 13
C Mock audit scenarios for students Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 8
L Summer Co-op Students and 5S Implementation Lean in Manufacturing and Service Industries 4
E Evaluating Lean Knowledge: Lean Philosophy Course for Production Engineering Students Lean in Manufacturing and Service Industries 1
F Medical Device Regulatory Approval Example to share with my students EU Medical Device Regulations 2
M 5S Presentation for Grade School Students Grades 3 to 8 Lean in Manufacturing and Service Industries 6
P Process Audit Instruction paper for teaching university students General Auditing Discussions 2
F Advice for students interested in Quality and Regulatory? Professional Certifications and Degrees 15
D EKOAward - For Students of Environmental Management Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 0
Q ISO 9001:2000 Training For Chemistry and Chemical Engineering Students. ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 8
E Written examination in Lean Production for students studying "production engineering" Lean in Manufacturing and Service Industries 8
Marc Students Find High Frequency Ring Tone Adults Can't Hear World News 18
T What have you done to my statistics students? Philosophy, Gurus, Innovation and Evolution 4
Skooma Receiving Inspection - Boss trying to save money AS9100, IAQG 9100, Nadcap and related Aerospace Standards and Requirements 7
M Error trying to Start a New Thread Elsmar Cove Forum Suggestions, Complaints, Problems and Bug Reports 2
N Student trying to apply Lean Six Sigma on a Construction project in my thesis Lean in Manufacturing and Service Industries 3
S Beginner trying to OEM a medical device - Branded Electric Acupuncture Pen EU Medical Device Regulations 3
K Trying to figure out what satisfies a few aspects of IEC 62304 IEC 62304 - Medical Device Software Life Cycle Processes 2
I Trying to explain some of the Management Review Inputs (AS9100D) Management Review Meetings and related Processes 10
S Trying to understand 7.2.1(d) of ISO 13485 - Medical Device User Training ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 8
M Help trying to explain accuracy procedure General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 1
A Supplier trying to avoid RMA's Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 11
K Auditors are trying to drive this business General Auditing Discussions 36
P Value Stream Mapping - Trying to do Value Stream Mapping of our Products Lean in Manufacturing and Service Industries 3
M Trying to take current documentation and put it into ISO forms Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 1
J Trying to determine whether a steel plate is bowed with a Faro Arm Calibration and Metrology Software and Hardware 8
B I'm trying to write detailed Customer Service Work Instructions Customer Complaints 10
Mikishots Trying to locate a LEGIBLE MIL-STD-105E copy Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 5
A Trying to fit a GLM - Minitab 16 negative Error df Using Minitab Software 4
2 Trying to Implement a Manufacturing Engineer Concept to my Company Manufacturing and Related Processes 5
P Trying to figure Minor ? on Female Rolled Threads Various Other Specifications, Standards, and related Requirements 1
E Our Lean Initiative Manager is trying to eliminate Final Inspection Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 4
Jen Kirley Trying to back up a dead hard drive - how to do it? Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 17
D Medical Device Packaging - Trying to learn Technical files EU Medical Device Regulations 4
Jim Wynne The Buell Blast: Trying to Make Chicken Salad out of Chicken Poop Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 1
A A Quandary - Trying to do everything on a shoestring - Out The Door Numbers Career and Occupation Discussions 11
J Measuring Technique - Trying to measure on-time delivery turnaround Quality Tools, Improvement and Analysis 13
W Controlled Documents - Trying to differentiate document control levels Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 5
R Trying to decipher drawing - Hole Size Manufacturing and Related Processes 12
A CFO trying to turn Quality procedure for Purchasing into a purchasing manual ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 15
N Cost of Rejected Components - Trying to pokayoke a process Quality Tools, Improvement and Analysis 1
O ANOVA Analysis - Trying to understand MSA analysis- Please review my spreadsheet Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 22
R Trying to develop ISO 9001 training for a newly certified company ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 6
S Trying to find the actual ISO 17025:2005 standard requirements ISO 17025 related Discussions 6
H What I am trying to find is someone that remembers Memphis in the nineties Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 10
V Minitab Pareto - Trying to plot a relation of Count and Cycle Time Using Minitab Software 5
L Kanban cards - Trying to initiate a true Pull System - Fastener Products Lean in Manufacturing and Service Industries 3
ScottK The Berry Amendment (Imposed by 10 U.S.C. 2533a) for DoD parts - Trying to decipher Various Other Specifications, Standards, and related Requirements 7
J Food Allergen Awareness Training - Trying to implement cGMP Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 1
T Internal QMS/ISO 'Contest' - I am trying to come up with a new awareness contest ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 6