Stupid Question of the Day - Start at section 4 or section 5?

A

Andy Bassett

The new ISO 9000:2000 has 8 main sections. As i understand it the first few sections is just assistance to writing the manual ie Scope and Normative References.

At some point you actually start writing how you satisfy the standard.

Is this correct. If yes where do i start writing up the standard? Before Section 4 the Quality Management System or before section 5 Management Responsibility?

Or am i completely away with the fairíes today.

Regards

------------------
Andy B

Elsmar Forum Sponsor
S

StvFran

I may be wrong but isn't section 4 just the system requirements ? Wouldn't you start your manual on section 5.

Marc

Hunkered Down for the Duration
Staff member
Admin
Originally posted by StvFran:

I may be wrong but isn't section 4 just the system requirements ? Wouldn't you start your manual on section 5.
I don't see any harm starting on section 5 -- I just address section 4 so some fool auditor doesn't pull the old "You didn't address section 4..." or something. It's no big deal -- section 4 is just a "We do this..." thingie.

A

Andy Bassett

Maybe the question wasnt so daft.

I will probably accept your advise Marc, but would i be the only person that has a bad feeling in the stomach when writing such a handbook in respect of its value to the organisation.

Regards

------------------
Andy B

Marc

Hunkered Down for the Duration
Staff member
Admin
If you are talking about a quality or systems manual and you are saying you fail to see any value in it -- yup - that's the way I see it. At best it's a sales gimmick.

S

Spaceman Spiff

I just went through a review session on the ISO9001:2000 FDIS yesterday and according to the instructor Sections 5.5.5, 5.5.6, and 5.5.7 of DIS were moved to Section 4 of FDIS. I guess we have to start with Section 4 after all.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Scott Catron Stupid Password Tricks Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 41
R Do you agree with "There are no stupid questions" statement? Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 40
T Taking Multiple Certifications within 2 weeks - Crazy, Stupid or Wise Professional Certifications and Degrees 5
J Calibration and Customer 'Requirements' - Something Stupid Beyond Belief General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 40
SteelMaiden Stupid Criminal Tricks Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 1
M Cal 133 flammability standard - Medical Devices - Stupid Customer Tricks 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 5
Howard Lee No Stupid Questions!!!! Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 53
G Acronym KISS - Keep It Simple, Stupid Definitions, Acronyms, Abbreviations and Interpretations Listed Alphabetically 9
Wes Bucey Does your company do something this stupid? World News 86
G Using ASCII Codes - Split from "Stupid criminal of the week" thread After Work and Weekend Discussion Topics 13
G Stupid criminal of the week Funny Stuff - Jokes and Humour 17
R Stupid Responses to CARs - Long Term Corrections or Root Causes Problem Solving, Root Cause Fault and Failure Analysis 47
Marc Stupid Security Winners Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 1
B Stupid Company Tricks 101 Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 21
M Question for Auditors - "Off the Record" Conversation? General Auditing Discussions 14
D Question regarding ECO process, specifically for Life Science products and defining form fit and function ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 1
R Accelerated Aging - Creating test samples - Implantable medical device Question Other Medical Device Related Standards 4
A Question on Authorized Representative in Malaysia Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 1
D Limited Scope for second site Question? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 5
I ISO 2233:2000 Question - Medical Device Shipping/Transportation Validation Other ISO and International Standards and European Regulations 1
Anonymous16-2 Labeling Question (Dietary Supplements/Food) Pharmaceuticals (21 CFR Part 210, 21 CFR Part 211 and related Regulations) 1
T Question for: Cg & Cgk calculation General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 3
N ASL Question for GitHub ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 6
hogheavenfarm GDT Flatness measurement question Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 10
A Question on ISO 14001:2015 - Are annual audits required? ISO 14001:2015 Specific Discussions 8
dinaroxentool Question about FDA Classification of a Device 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 3
J Another DFAR question 252.225-7009 AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 0
F Conflict Mineral Smelter Question RoHS, REACH, ELV, IMDS and Restricted Substances 8
R NRTL - Scope Question - Off-the-Shelf Plug In IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 0
D API 6A Certification Question Oil and Gas Industry Standards and Regulations 4
dinaroxentool Question about qualification as a medical device or accessory in Europe EU Medical Device Regulations 2
R DHR question: Traceability of components ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 2
C MDR - Question around software accesories EU Medical Device Regulations 2
K My question is, what/when is a nonconformity? Therefore what requires an NCR? Nonconformance and Corrective Action 9
Watchcat Authoritative References about the Research Question? Quality Tools, Improvement and Analysis 0
T Question about Quality Department employee position titles Quality Manager and Management Related Issues 10
N Question on creepage/clearance requirements for HF Active Accessories for 2nd edition 60601-1 IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 1
I Question 1 - Nitpicking on Document Approval - can a document approval record be separate? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 6
J Question: How to create an IMDS RoHS, REACH, ELV, IMDS and Restricted Substances 3
K Question on whether IEC 60601-2-62 standard is applied IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 4
B QMS question in regards to multiple medical devices/products and N/A activities Other Medical Device Related Standards 12
C NB approval - Basic question about Notified Bodies and their role EU Medical Device Regulations 10
G Question about Non-conformances during New Product Introduction Nonconformance and Corrective Action 14
F ISO 13485 8.2.3 Reporting to regulatory authorities: Question regarding a procedure for this clause. ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 4
O Mitutoyo Digital Caliper to PC USB question General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 2
R Probability - Need a help to solve the below question Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 5
B Minitab Type 1 Gage Study on True Position Question Measurement Uncertainty (MU) 1
Q Supplier audit question cataloque VDA Standards - Germany's Automotive Standards 0
Ed Panek Inactive key supplier question - We are not actively buying from them ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 2
T Potential Off-Label Use question 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 5