Stupid Question of the Day - Start at section 4 or section 5?

A

Andy Bassett

The new ISO 9000:2000 has 8 main sections. As i understand it the first few sections is just assistance to writing the manual ie Scope and Normative References.

At some point you actually start writing how you satisfy the standard.

Is this correct. If yes where do i start writing up the standard? Before Section 4 the Quality Management System or before section 5 Management Responsibility?

Or am i completely away with the fairíes today.

Regards

------------------
Andy B

S

StvFran

I may be wrong but isn't section 4 just the system requirements ? Wouldn't you start your manual on section 5.

Marc

Fully vaccinated are you?
Leader
Originally posted by StvFran:

I may be wrong but isn't section 4 just the system requirements ? Wouldn't you start your manual on section 5.
I don't see any harm starting on section 5 -- I just address section 4 so some fool auditor doesn't pull the old "You didn't address section 4..." or something. It's no big deal -- section 4 is just a "We do this..." thingie.

A

Andy Bassett

Maybe the question wasnt so daft.

I will probably accept your advise Marc, but would i be the only person that has a bad feeling in the stomach when writing such a handbook in respect of its value to the organisation.

Regards

------------------
Andy B

Marc

Fully vaccinated are you?
Leader
If you are talking about a quality or systems manual and you are saying you fail to see any value in it -- yup - that's the way I see it. At best it's a sales gimmick.

S

Spaceman Spiff

I just went through a review session on the ISO9001:2000 FDIS yesterday and according to the instructor Sections 5.5.5, 5.5.6, and 5.5.7 of DIS were moved to Section 4 of FDIS. I guess we have to start with Section 4 after all.

Top Bottom