Stupid Responses to CARs - Long Term Corrections or Root Causes

R

Rob Nix

I am hoping I'm not repeating any previous thread here (I tried to search and find something similar and could not).

Over the years I have witnessed some of the stupidest responses to CARs regarding root causes and long term corrections, like {long term correction: I told the operator again not to miss the hole check}, or {root cause: the supervisor was undecided about the inspection interval}.

What kind of silly responses have you had???

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

howste

Thaumaturge
Super Moderator
"We fired the operator" - response received from a supplier. They weren't too happy when I rejected their response and asked what they would change in their system to make sure the next operator wouldn't get fired also.

L

little__cee

Hair color?

I had a supervisor write that one of his employees was having a "blonde moment" and that was the reason for the error.

RoxaneB

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Speaking of hair.....

"The product was found to be 0.0001 mm out of spec which is less than the thickness of a human hair. Upon further investigation, it was discovered that there was a piece of hair between the product and micrometer and that it was specifically Hair#3642 belonging to XXX. The hair has been returned to the owner and the product is, in fact, within tolerance."

Off course, this response was modified shortly thereafter.

CarolX

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
howste said:
"We fired the operator" - response received from a supplier.
I use to work for a man that used that response (more than once...LOL).

Last edited by a moderator:
A

AllanJ

Of the most tedious, for me, is "it was a computer error", or some incarnation of that phrase.

C

C Emmons

I was auditing a company not too long ago and actually read this one:

Instructed employee that if he choose to pee in the parking lot again, make sure no one was looking!

What do you do with that one!

C

C Emmons

howste said:
"We fired the operator" - response received from a supplier. They weren't too happy when I rejected their response and asked what they would change in their system to make sure the next operator wouldn't get fired also.

In defense of this response (because I did use it on rate occasion). If the process is in place, an associate is not performing, he has been trained, retrained, (training program is effective because the other 100 people are doing it as prescribed, you counsel him, etc. What else do you do? I used it in this case!

Al Rosen

Holed-up in a Hotel in South Florida
Staff member
Super Moderator
C Emmons said:
In defense of this response (because I did use it on rate occasion). If the process is in place, an associate is not performing, he has been trained, retrained, (training program is effective because the other 100 people are doing it as prescribed, you counsel him, etc. What else do you do? I used it in this case!
Poke Yoke!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Scott Catron Stupid Password Tricks Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 41
R Do you agree with "There are no stupid questions" statement? Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 40
T Taking Multiple Certifications within 2 weeks - Crazy, Stupid or Wise Professional Certifications and Degrees 5
J Calibration and Customer 'Requirements' - Something Stupid Beyond Belief General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 40
SteelMaiden Stupid Criminal Tricks Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 1
M Cal 133 flammability standard - Medical Devices - Stupid Customer Tricks 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 5
Howard Lee No Stupid Questions!!!! Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 53
G Acronym KISS - Keep It Simple, Stupid Definitions, Acronyms, Abbreviations and Interpretations Listed Alphabetically 9
Wes Bucey Does your company do something this stupid? World News 86
G Using ASCII Codes - Split from "Stupid criminal of the week" thread After Work and Weekend Discussion Topics 13
G Stupid criminal of the week Funny Stuff - Jokes and Humour 17
Marc Stupid Security Winners Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 1
B Stupid Company Tricks 101 Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 21
A Stupid Question of the Day - Start at section 4 or section 5? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 7
classical_quality AS9100 Surveillance Audit - advice on drafting strong responses AS9100, IAQG 9100, Nadcap and related Aerospace Standards and Requirements 11
M Informational US FDA paper – Biological Responses to Metal Implants Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
J DoE (Design of Experiments) - Multiple responses with different factors Using Minitab Software 2
PastorBee13 IATF 16949 Audit Nonconformance Responses per 5.1.1.2 - Format IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 11
V Screening DOE with 7 Input factors and 4 responses - Significant factors Using Minitab Software 1
K Internal Audit CAR - How Long for Responses to be Received? Internal Auditing 8
N Witty (snarky?) Responses: Always have one prepared Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 25
Q Supplier Audit Corrective Action Request Responses Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 4
R How to Achieve Multi Objective (Responses) Optimization in Minitab Using Minitab Software 17
L SCAR (Supplier Corrective Acton Request) Responses - How much do you tell? Nonconformance and Corrective Action 8
A Binary Logistic Regression - Evaluation of Survey Responses Quality Tools, Improvement and Analysis 5
P Evidence of Supplier Corrective Action - Poor Responses by Suppliers ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 6
U How to filter out responses from Minitab - Questionnaire using a 5 point likert scale Using Minitab Software 3
Sidney Vianna CB's need to improve on their corrective action responses Registrars and Notified Bodies 11
Icy Mountain Customer Service: AIAG vs. ASQ - Communications and Responses Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 3
RoxaneB Focusing on Quality - Flawed Survey or Responses Lacking? QualityInsider Philosophy, Gurus, Innovation and Evolution 9
J Late Delivery CAR - Seeking examples of various 8D responses for late deliveries Nonconformance and Corrective Action 1
F Chronic Lateness of CAPA (Corrective and Preventive Action) Responses Nonconformance and Corrective Action 25
C Incorporating Uncertainties in the observed responses during a Calibration Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 2
N Surveys: Number of Responses Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 6
M Signatures in Corrective Actions Responses QS-9000 - American Automotive Manufacturers Standard 2
L Registrar Quotes - Quality of Responses Received - Discussion Registrars and Notified Bodies 29
Marc Corrective Action and Root Cause - The Humourous Boeing Repair Responses Problem Solving, Root Cause Fault and Failure Analysis 5
R Plan to Volvo Cars for capacity verification in Phase 3 of PPAP Customer and Company Specific Requirements 3
E Different types of Actions? CARs, OFIs or N/A ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 6
Q Does ISO 9001 require CARs for all customer complaints? Customer Complaints 2
T Is it necessary to Audit our CARs and SCARs? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 8
D SDS (MSDS) for complex products such as a TV, computer, cars, etc Miscellaneous Environmental Standards and EMS Related Discussions 3
O Nonconformance for vague CARs and PARs Nonconformance and Corrective Action 5
Q ISO 9001/14001 QEMS multiple CARs ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 4
M Renaming CARs so that they do not seem negative ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 16
S Linking CARS (Corrective Action System) with the rest of our system Nonconformance and Corrective Action 4
L How to deal with too many CARs (Corrective Action Requests), PARs (Preventive Action) Nonconformance and Corrective Action 25
N Combining Multiple CARs (Corrective Action Request) into One CAR? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 16
A Closing CARs (Corrective Action Requests) due to Process Change ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 5
B How can I control CARs (Corrective Action Requests)? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 6