What did you get, honestly?

Votes: 7 12.7%

Votes: 14 25.5%

Votes: 24 43.6%

Votes: 10 18.2%

• Total voters
K

Ken K

Wow, if thats the difference between a 3 and 4 on energy's stupid test, sign me up right away! :D

Any other perks come with?

E

energy

I feel bad, now

Randy said:

Tsk! Tsk! You poor Trolls. I've actually used my membership as a tax deduction. It also helped get me past 1st base and all the way home on an implementation contract.

Just another weapon in the arsenal:vfunny:

Randy,

I really thought you were joking about MENSA. Couldn't make the connection between ex-cop and ex-jarhead. But, I stand corrected, now. So, this is like a not so secret club for intellectuals? This was key in your landing a contract? Wow!
:rolleyes: I had no idea!:ko: :smokin:

Randy

Super Moderator
True, True! They said that is what keyed them on my resume to me. I went up against a couple of the larger consulting/training orgs. The company had 1200 or so employees, about 900 or so were PhD's. Very high tech, high profile. Lots of money;) The registration audit ended a day early w/no nonconformances.

M

Michael T

Re: I always lose

energy said:

Mike T.

I stopped playing Liar's Poker because everybody could read me like a book. Unlike those associated with MENSA!:rolleyes: :ko: :smokin:

So the rumors of your nickname (Dr. Fin) are untrue? :biglaugh: I'm not getting into these waters... too many sharks... :smokin: :p

D

db

Trolls?

Tsk! Tsk! You poor Trolls

Randy, you might want to watch your posts, and consider not offending folks. In these parts "trolls" is a word used by Michigan's Upper Peninsula to describe those of us in the Lower Peninsula, because, like trolls, we live under the bridge (The Mackinaw Bridge separates the two peninsula).

My boss is a “Yooper” and reminds me daily I am a “troll”. Now you're adding to the fire! :rolleyes: :bonk:

K

Ken K

But is it also fact that true "Yooper's" only come out at night?

Besides, I've been called worse than a troll many a time :D

D

db

But is it also fact that true "Yooper's" only come out at night?
Yes, to "shine" for deer. There are only two times a year you can hunt deer, hunting or poaching season. :eek:

As far as being called worse.......

I was just bustin Randy's chops a bit. :biglaugh:

D

db

New Test

A customer enters your cigar shop and purchases a $6 cigar. She hands you a $10 bill. It is early in the day, and you have no change in the till. You go next door to the café to get change. You return and give the customer his change and he leaves the store. Later in the day the café owner comes over and claims the bill you gave her was fake. She hands you the bill and sure enough, it is a forgery. You hand the café owner $10 and she leaves.

Now, other than the cost of the cigar, how much did you lose?

:confused:

M

Michael T

Re: New Test

db said:

A customer enters your cigar shop and purchases a $6 cigar. She hands you a $10 bill. It is early in the day, and you have no change in the till. You go next door to the café to get change. You return and give the customer his change and he leaves the store. Later in the day the café owner comes over and claims the bill you gave her was fake. She hands you the bill and sure enough, it is a forgery. You hand the café owner $10 and she leaves.

Now, other than the cost of the cigar, how much did you lose?

:confused:

If I calculate correctly, you also lost the cigar, the $4.00 you gave as change and the $10.00 you gave back to the cafe owner. Sooo... looks like you're out $20.00 money and goods together.

I probably would have lost my temper too... but that's just me...
:biglaugh:

<edit>
Okay... wait... I don't know if this is a typo or not... SHE hands you $10.00 and you give HIM change?

She walks out with a cigar. He walks out with a cigar and $4.00. You loose the $10.00 you have to give back to the cafe owner. That's $26.00.

Thanks for the brain teaser, db.... I keep a notebook of these and put one on the board at the start of each class... Its a fun way to get my students' brains into gear.

Cheers!!!!

Mike

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom