db

Close, but no cigar

That was quick, Michael, but you are wrong. No cigar for you! :eek: :(

M

Michael T

Re: Close, but no cigar

db said:

That was quick, Michael, but you are wrong. No cigar for you! :eek: :(

Talk about quick.... I was editing my response when you responded.... Yikes!!

Okay - is the answer $26? Or is there a hook I'm missing?

J

JodiB

You're out $8.

The $4 you gave out as change, and the $4 you have to add to the $6 you still have left out of the cafe owner's $10.

Do I get a cigar?

J

Jimmy Olson

Re: New Test

db said:

A customer enters your cigar shop and purchases a $6 cigar. She hands you a $10 bill. It is early in the day, and you have no change in the till. You go next door to the café to get change. You return and give the customer his change and he leaves the store. Later in the day the café owner comes over and claims the bill you gave her was fake. She hands you the bill and sure enough, it is a forgery. You hand the café owner $10 and she leaves.

Now, other than the cost of the cigar, how much did you lose?

:confused:

There's not enough information. I need to know what the sales tax is :vfunny:

M

Michael T

Another try....

I'll use Lucinda's logic ... $4.00 as change plus the $4.00 to add to the $6.00 to repay the $10.00 -- but isn't there another cigar missing? The one the male customer left with? Or am I reading too much into it?

------

Hi Cinda.... I've been incommunicado for a while... how goes the job hunt?

D

db

Do I get a cigar?

No Lucinda, you don't. Perhaps a cigarette, or a stub from the curb, but that is all. :smokin:

I need to know what the sales tax is

If we included sales tax, the customer would have to pay more than the original $10. :bonk:

D

db

I'll use Lucinda's logic ... $4.00 as change plus the $4.00 to add to the $6.00 to repay the $10.00 -- but isn't there another cigar missing? The one the male customer left with? Or am I reading too much into it?

other than the cost of the cigar

Only one cigar is involved and we are not to consider that.

Top Bottom