Subcontractor Agreement for Engineering Services

R

Rickser

Understanding that one process/procedure does not fit everyone, has anyone developed a Subcontractor Agreement for Engineering Services? We are having problems deciding exactly what language to use. We don't want to be legalistic, but want to make sure we all understand what we expect.

Last edited by a moderator:

ScottK

Not out of the crisis
Leader
Super Moderator
Re: Subcontractor Agreements

Are we talking design engineering services?
If that's the case I'd start with a Non Disclosure Agreement before a quality agreement since they'll have sensitive information.
Then as far as the quality agreements you have to define the deliverables you expect from the service.
I'd write in as plain a manner as possible.

R

Rickser

Re: Has anyone developed a Subcontractor Agreement for Engineering Services

Thanks Scott, We have the NDA in place. My thoughts are like you said; keep it simple. Others in the Organization think we should use all the legal terms. (None are lawyers). Others say that we can build a generic agreement and just use attachments for the requirements. I told them that AS9100 C requires that we flowdown requirements to our Vendors. I believe that we should provide a Statement of Work to them that basically reiterates what our customer sent us that we want the vendor to do. And yes, it is design work.

ScottK

Not out of the crisis
Leader
Super Moderator
Re: Has anyone developed a Subcontractor Agreement for Engineering Services

I sign a lot of quality agreements with customers, most of which are big pharma and device companies. The supplier agreements are generally written plainly, often with a table showing supplier and customer responsibilities.

It's the NDA's that are usually in legalese.

I think your approach should work fine.

Top Bottom