Subject Matter Expert Training for Auditors

SRQAAuditor

Starting to get Involved
Hello,
I wanted to see what others are using or doing to provide training for people identified as subject matter experts (SME). We use SMEs for 3rd party audits and are wanting to provide them with some training as to what they should know, and what might be asked of them.

Any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated!

AndyN

Moved On
Hello,
I wanted to see what others are using or doing to provide training for people identified as subject matter experts (SME). We use SMEs for 3rd party audits and are wanting to provide them with some training as to what they should know, and what might be asked of them.

You are a CB (3rd party)? Or what role are these auditors?

Randy

Super Moderator
How about a SME being someone who actually knows the subject involved instead of one who happened to check the correct box during a test?

Q

qualityfox

Are you wanting to train them to be SME or to be an auditor? IMHO, you become an SME over time based on job experience. If you are wanting to know what the SME needs to know about ISO to do audits, I believe you need to train them in the entire standard so they have a complete understanding of what an ISO compliant QMS should look like.

AndyN

Moved On
Hello,

I'm confused here as to what you're asking. Training for SME's? To audit? Or SME training for auditors? You can get any regular auditor training for an SME, but you can't "train" an SME...

Jim Wynne

Leader
Admin
Hello,

What do you mean when you say that you "...use SMEs for 3rd party audits"?

SRQAAuditor

Starting to get Involved
For instance, if an auditor is reviewing corrective and preventive action, we would have our CAPA Manager speak to the auditor. The CAPA Manager is our Subject Matter Expert for CAPA.

Regards,

Top Bottom