Successful TS 16949:2000 Registration Audit

S

Sam

TS2 Registration Audit

Just completed TS2 registration audit with 8 minors. Registration in 60 days.
Thank to all who helped.

howste

Thaumaturge
Trusted Information Resource
Congratulations! That's quite an accomplishment. Any lessons learned from the audit that you'd like to share?

A

Al Dyer

Sam,

Congratulations:cool:

Now is the time to buckle down and not let the registration efforts go stale.

After a week of parties though!:biglaugh:

Al...

S

Sam

Things to share:
1- Evidence of conformance to customer specific requirements, each ands every one, including those listed in the PPAP manual. This evidence is to be included in your PPAP package.
3 minors

2- PDCA, evdence of for each and every process. Includes your support processes. Each procrswasis audited using the PDCA approach: Show me your PLAN, Show me what you DO, Show me how you CHECK, Show me your ACTIONS.
2 minors

3- Auditor qualifications, in detail as outlined in 19011 and customer specific requirements. Refer to Ford CSR's.
1 minors

4- Evidence of Monitoring & Measurements of the PROCESS.
1 minor

i received one (1) mionor for having a feasibility study signed off before the contract acceptance date. Apparentky this is a big issue with the IAOB.

The auditors spent a lot of in these areas.

howste

Thaumaturge
Trusted Information Resource
I’m familiar with the Ford requirements for auditor qualification. Can I ask how picky they were, and how they interpreted the requirement for training “Conducted by a trainer who meets the requirements for ISO/TS 16949:2002 CB/Registrar Auditor Certification and Upgrade Training”?

A

Al Dyer

Sam,

It sounds as if they really had to dig to find a few things to gig you with.:agree:

How were preventive action, continuous improvement, and corrective action handled by the auditor. Also if you want to post it, who was your registrar?

Al...:)

S

Sam

Howste,
I wanted some feedback on that also. Howecer, the auditor only selected one customer to review customer specific requirements and that was GM.
The auditing requirement for GM is 10011 (replaced by 19011). We walked thru this standfard step -by-step. One of the minors that I received was for not having auditor qualifications available for review as defined in 6.3 & 6.4.
General statement for auditing customer requirements; show evidence of compliance or produce a waiver from your customer. Also, refer to PPAP third edition CSR's are a part of the PPAP.
As for the Ford auditing requirements I will have to discuss the issue with my STA.

Al Dyer,
Prevetive action, Continuous improvement and corrective action was reviewed in depth for implementation, problem solving methods, effect on similar products and follow-up.
I received one minor for PA; no follow-up. One minor for CI; records not up-dated.

S

Sam

Update

Our registrar has recommended us for registration. Thanks to all in the "cove" for your help.

Top Bottom