Suitable form or questionnaire for approving consultants

mobylad

Starting to get Involved
Hi, I'm looking for a suitable form/questionnaire for approving consultants.
Our supplier approval questionnaire is not suitable for approving consultants.
Can anyone help?

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

dsanabria

Quite Involved in Discussions
Can anyone help?
Note: Consultants will never fill out a questionnaire, this is why you won't find one. the best way to find out if a consultant is worthwhile is to ask for references - and credential as a first step.

Jim Wynne

Staff member
Admin
Can anyone help?
What kind of consultants? Do you engage consultants so often that a form is worthwhile? If you know what you expect of consultants (references, certifications, skills, etc.) it should be fairly simple to construct something.

mobylad

Starting to get Involved
Thanks Jim, I can put together a form, but had thought if such a form was common practice then there would be one on the site. Perhaps it is not common practice..

Last edited:

John Broomfield

Staff member
Super Moderator
Thanks Jim, I can put together a form, but had thought if such a form was common practice then there would be one on the site. Perhaps it is not common practice..
mobylad,

Your "form" should reflect your organization's selection criteria for consultants (see 7.4.1).

Ask the stakeholders of these services and you may determine the criteria used to select your consultants.

You may find that these criteria change according to the type or nature of planned consulting work.

Someone else's form probably would not work for you.

As dsanabria has advised, best to ask for references and to have your own questions ready for the interview.

John

Wes Bucey

Quite Involved in Discussions
All consultants are contractors, but not all contractors are consultants.
It may be a niggling point, but I and and a number of my "consultant colleagues" have occasionally banded together to take an investment position in an organization to get one or more of our number on the Board of Directors to present our counsel and contacts for the improvement and increased profitability of the organization. Outside directors are often asked to serve precisely because of the advice they give to an organization with the type of consulting I define in the thread Consulting ? Is it in YOUR Career Future?

Many Boards have "no confidence" clauses, which means a director essentially serves at will of the balance of the Board versus a contract an executive might have with a golden parachute.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S Two or more predicates suitable? 510K submission US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 5
M Informational FDA Classifies Suitable Accessories into Class I as Required by the FDA Reauthorization Act of 2017 Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
Q Recommendation for a suitable PA on a complaint received Preventive Action and Continuous Improvement 3
D Suitable CE Mark Directives - Product Families CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 3
S Suitable Protocol for Isolation of Clostridium perfringens Food Safety - ISO 22000, HACCP (21 CFR 120) 2
S PCR suitable for detection of Salmonella Food Safety - ISO 22000, HACCP (21 CFR 120) 1
K Intended Use wording: What is suitable for the instruction manual? EU Medical Device Regulations 4
S Protocol of water activity measurement and suitable instrument Food Safety - ISO 22000, HACCP (21 CFR 120) 1
S Choosing a suitable type of Elisa to Test my Sample Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 3
R Is IEC 60601-2-37 suitable for Fetal Doppler Detector? IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 3
K What kind of people are suitable for Quality Management? Career and Occupation Discussions 12
R Is INMETRO certification suitable for medical device components? IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 5
R How to decide a suitable contact time from table 23 of IEC 60601-1:2005 IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 6
D Electronic Document Control System suitable for TS 16949 Requirements Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 2
M IVD Annex III Path - Suitable Quality System (e.g. ISO 9001, ISO 13485)? EU Medical Device Regulations 2
V What are suitable "Leading Indicators and Metrics" for QA Quality Tools, Improvement and Analysis 7
B What is "Use of suitable production equipment" - ISO 9001 Clause 7.5.1 c) ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 4
W Calculation of % defectives to determine suitable AQL Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 6
O Chemical composition of plastic compound suitable for manufacturing plastic gears Manufacturing and Related Processes 9
H Can you tell me a suitable "tooling" for Caliper Calibration - ISO 17025 ISO 17025 related Discussions 16
J Measurement Uncertainty (MU) - Genetic Testing Lab - Lack of suitable CRM - ISO 17025 ISO 17025 related Discussions 6
U Suitable control chart to use to monitor Corrective Action Response Time data Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 2
P How do I calculate a suitable sample size for a continuous process Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 4
P Suitable step in my continuous development?? Career and Occupation Discussions 4
M Can this Nonconformance have suitable CAPA (Corrective and Preventive Action) Nonconformance and Corrective Action 9
S Suitable Sterilization Cycle to achieve Sterility Assurance Level of <10-6 ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 1
F Suitable welding electrode and method of use FMEA and Control Plans 1
V What is an Epoxy suitable for autoclaving? Manufacturing and Related Processes 4
S 5-S Training Material (pictorial/cartoon) type suitable for Operators Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 8
M Is 6 sigma suitable for ship building where the nature of work is non repetitive? Six Sigma 12
A Can a Gage R&R be used to Determine Suitable Guardband Limits? Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 5
M Suitable SPC tool for Leather Garment / Textile industries Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 2
Jen Kirley A pointed question for the gang - Why I am suitable for a specific position Career and Occupation Discussions 25
I Suitable ISO 9001 Registrar - IT sector engaged in delivering Web based solutions Registrars and Notified Bodies 18
A Are these suitable Quality Objectives? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 8
C Standard/Specification suitable for an industrial cafeteria? Food Safety - ISO 22000, HACCP (21 CFR 120) 3
W Continuing Professional Development - Can anyone suggest suitable training material Professional Certifications and Degrees 2
B X-R chart - Suitable with method? Tubes and hoses - ID Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 1
S Zero defects - Which sampling procdure is suitable? E.g. ISO2859 Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 5
E Seeking "Games" Suitable for an Internal Problem Solving Course Nonconformance and Corrective Action 10
Y How to select the most suitable person to be the Management Representative? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 17
V Is an 8D Report suitable as a basis for the effcetiveness of preventive action? Nonconformance and Corrective Action 16
J Quality Training - Types of courses in Quality suitable for lower management staff Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 12
I Form templates for software (iso9001) Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 0
L Does a backdate form format can be changed if wrong revision is used? Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 8
D Question regarding ECO process, specifically for Life Science products and defining form fit and function ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 1
D New Equipment form / template Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 5
C Certificate of Conformance Form - COC for each customer a controlled document? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 2
B EMPB (Erstmusterprufbericht) VDA form confusion + PSW VDA Standards - Germany's Automotive Standards 2
gunnyshore Form FDA 3500A MedWatch eSubmitter 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 5