Sunnen Gages - Need Operating Procedure and Manual

D
Does anyone have instrucitons I could see on operating a Sunnen gage other than the maufacture manual?

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

Jerry Eldred

Forum Moderator
Super Moderator
I did a litle research, and found Sunnen precision bore gauges of various flavors (models) have calibration procedures in GIDEP (Government Industry Data Exchange Program). If your company is a GIDEP member you could get procedures for some models from GIDEP. What those are, is military calibration procedures for these. I can't send those, but if you give me a specific model, and some specific detail on what you need, I could extract from the procedures. Let me know the model number of the gauge you have, and I will take a look.

------------------

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Z Calibrating Sunnen PG800 precision bore gage & PG700 setting fixtures General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 1
D Measuring ID's: Which is the most accurate? CMM / Sunnen Gage / Plug Gage? General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 3
V Chicago Brand Bore Gauges - Cheaper than SUNNEN? General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 2
N % Tolerance - Type 1 study on the gages, then a gage R&R (ANOVA) Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 4
S Formula for Calculating NoGo Major Diameter for UN gages Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 0
D Preventative Maintenance for Gages, handtools etc Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 1
M Procedure or Specification For Extending Gages Calibration Calibration Frequency (Interval) 2
M How to verify profile gages provided by customer General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 5
PastorBee13 Source for the blades for Reef Snap Gages General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 2
M AS9100 Rev D and Pin Gages General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 7
M Calibration of Thread Plugs and Ring Gages - Various Thread Standards General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 3
D Cp/Cpk on Gages for MSA (vs. Cg/Cgk) Capability, Accuracy and Stability - Processes, Machines, etc. 21
A Adjusting Calibration Intervals for Welding related Gages AS9100, IAQG 9100, Nadcap and related Aerospace Standards and Requirements 4
J Calibration Recall - Lost Gages procedure example wanted General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 4
Q Is it normal practice to lubricate Ring Gages before use? General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 17
T How to Calibrate Taper Gages General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 1
C Manufacturing Thread Ring Gages Manufacturing and Related Processes 3
C Measuring Solid Thread Ring Gages General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 17
P Best Method of Cleaning of Thread Ring Gages Calibration Frequency (Interval) 5
M Control Plan MSA's - Pressure Gages IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 2
C Implementing a set of bore gages at a machine Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 1
F Checking Gages In and Out and Verifying Calibration Status Calibration and Metrology Software and Hardware 8
D Calibration requirements for New Gages General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 11
Q Number of Calibration Verification Points - Calipers, height gages, etc General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 6
C Calibration of Master Thread Plug Gages General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 2
C Measurements of Major Diameters of plug thread gages General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 12
J Verification of Gages Before Use Calibration Frequency (Interval) 10
L Inexpensive Gage Management Software recommendations for less than 75 Gages Calibration and Metrology Software and Hardware 8
T How do I calibrate NPT Thread Plug Gages? General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 9
V How to measure radius without radius gages APQP and PPAP 4
N When and which gages require a Gage R&R study? Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 9
K Calibration Requirements for Thread and Ring Gages AS9100, IAQG 9100, Nadcap and related Aerospace Standards and Requirements 6
BHobbs_Busche ISO/TS16949:2009 - MSA requirements for common gages IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 5
D Calibration and Tolerance Ranges of Pressure Gages General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 8
M Calibrating Digital Pressure Gages In-House General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 10
M Sealed in Wax Thread Gages - ISO 9001 Clause 7.6 Calibration ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 2
J Doing a "yearly" mass calibration of gages over the weekend. Any advice? General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 4
R Recently purchased a large number of gages (measurement equipment) General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 13
D Gage Tracking Systems - Infinity's QS GTS System and Retired Gages General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 4
R Calibration stickers on gages or on boxes? General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 16
R Calibration Requirements for Employee Owned Gages General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 5
M Does 17025/NADCAP allow deferring Calibration Start Dates on Gages which are Stored? ISO 17025 related Discussions 10
K Unclean Gages affect Measurement Output General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 5
S Pressure Gages - Equipment Tolerance vs. Product Specification Calibration and Metrology Software and Hardware 2
F Developing a Robust MSA Program - over 35,000 gages in 1 million square ft. facility Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 6
D Calibration Frequency of Thread Gages use for Aluminium and Stainless Steel Products Calibration Frequency (Interval) 6
E Gages on Computer Screens General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 2
S Special Gages for Measuring Pre-Heat Treat Thread Size Measurement Uncertainty (MU) 3
CycleMike 7.6.1 - ".....type of measurements system" and Plug Go/NoGo gages IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 4
U Dial Gages of all types in company flood - How to recover them General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 6