Super Bowl XXXVI and Other Tall Tales

E

energy

Well Well

Well, Well, Well.

We have new Superbowl Champions from New England!

"Patriotism" is in

That's puttin it on em!! :eek:

:ko: :smokin:

K

Ken K

Before the game, Bob Dole and his dog were put in oxygen tents to prepare them for the upcoming Pepsi commercials.
They both survived but the poor dog is in intensive care...

Great game! It just goes to show money can't buy a Super Bowl.
You need the will and determination and a great game plan. Man, the Ram's were ripe for the upset... sorts of reminds me of a certain Denver team that took it to the Packers.

The Bud tribute to NYC was awesome!

E

energy

Heck!

A New Englander in Hell

A New Englander dies and is sent to hell. He had been a horrible
man throughout life and even the devil wanted to
punish him, so he puts him to work breaking up rocks with a
sledgehammer. To make it worse he cranks up the
temperature and the humidity. "Love my kingdom!" laughs the devil.

After a couple of days the devil checks in on his victim to see if
he is suffering adequately. The devil is aghast as he
looks at the New Englander happily swinging his hammer and whistling a happy tune. The devil walks up to him and says, "I don't understand this.
I've turned the heat way up, it's humid, you're crushing rocks; why are you so happy?"
The New Englander, smiling big, looks at the devil and replies,
"This is great! It reminds me of August in New England.
Hot, humid, a good place to work. It reminds me of home. This is fantastic!"

The devil, extremely perplexed, walks away to ponder the New
Englander's remarks. Then he decides to drop the
temperature, send down driving rain and torrential wind. Soon, hell is a wet, muddy mess. Walking in mud up to his
knees with dust blowing into his eyes, the New Englander is happily slogging through the mud pushing a wheelbarrow
full of crushed rocks. Again, the devil asks how he can be happy in
such conditions.
The New Englander replies, "This is great! Just like April in New
England. It reminds me of working out in the fields with spring planting!"
The devil is now completely baffled.
Angry, and desperate to make hell really hell, he tries one last
ditch effort. He makes the temperature plummet.
Suddenly hell is blanketed in snow and ice. Confident that this
will surely make the New Englander unhappy.
The devil checks in on the New Englander. He is aghast at what he sees.
The New Englander is dancing, singing, and twirling his sledgehammer as he cavorts in glee.
"How can you be so happy? Don't you know it's 40 below zero!?" screams the devil

Jumping up and down the New Englander throws a snowball at the devil and yells, "Hell's frozen over!!

This means the Patriots won the Super Bowl !!!

:ko: :smokin:

L

Laura - 2003

DUH?

What are you all talking about?

Did someone change the English languaue while I wasn't looking???

Lau.

E

energy

Re: DUH?

Originally posted by Laura
What are you all talking about?

Did someone change the English languaue while I wasn't looking???

Lau.

Why don't you expand on this question a little. I'd be delighted to help!:bonk: :ko: :smokin:

L

Laura - 2003

Well Energy me old mucker,

You started it! I cannot understand a word of what is going on in this thread!

Is this sport stuff, like over here in football if you're a Spurs fan (like all decent people are) then you hate the Arsenal (aka...well I'd better not say)!?!

Please help, geez!

Lau.

E

energy

Yup

Laura,

Yes, Little Girl! The Superbowl is the culmination of a year's worth of football competition from two conferences. The National Football Conference and the American Football Conference. I imagined that it was watched all over the world. But, obviously, this was not the case. You would have had to have the television turned on to do that!:biglaugh: Over here, it's the most watched and celebrated event. Bigger than a coronation!:biglaugh: :ko: :smokin:

M

M Greenaway

Energy

Why do those soft boys over there that play American Football wear all that padding ?

Are they frightened of getting hurt ?

Now I have played the real mans game of Rugby for over twenty years and have never been hurt (much). :vfunny:

E

energy

PPE

Originally posted by M Greenaway
Energy
Why do those soft boys over there that play American Football wear all that padding ?
Are they frightened of getting hurt ?
Now I have played the real mans game of Rugby for over twenty years and have never been hurt (much). :vfunny:

Sure! Even with all the Protective Equipment, the amount of injuries are staggering. As for Rugby, I agree it's a rough looking sport. But, so is playing leap frog with a speeding car. I don't imagine you want one of these 350lb "Soft Boys" piling on top of your Rugby pile without some degree of protection. Also, we don't allow kicking and biting in any sport except Boxing!:vfunny: :ko: :smokin:

L

Laura - 2003

You could do with a crowning yourself mate!

To be honest NRG,

The footie cup final will probably be more celebrated than the coronation, still at least we get an extra day off work!

Do you get that for the SUperbowl?

Why do they call it the Superbowl? Is it because ceral companies sponsor it!:vfunny: :rolleyes:

As for rugby, MG, yeuch! What a horrible sport, all that mud and blood. If I wanted that, I'd go back to London and stand outside my local at closing!! I used to watch it at school ad I can't say that it rocked my boat.

I'm more of a footie gal....Go the Spurs!!!

:vfunny:

Top Bottom