Super Bowl XXXVI and Other Tall Tales

Marc

Fully vaccinated are you?
Leader
Originally posted by Bruce Epstein

First, I suppose I should check out the "how the forum works" somewhere for learning how to insert a proper quote, since I don't seem to be able to find the correct incantation to make it work.
No problem. Each individual message has a 'quote' button at the bottom of the message (next to the edit/delete button on the right) as you read through a thread. Just click it, it will quote the post and there you are - ready to add your comments.

Also see the FAQ --> https://elsmar.com/elsmarqualityforum/misc.php?s=&action=faq :thedeal:

L

Laura - 2003

What's the one with the department store folks called?
Marc,

It's Are you being served? Mr. Humphries are your free? I'm free!

BTW: It's EastEnders over here, we don't call it the East Enders.
...(and is it "all God's creatures ?) ...fabulous shows!!!!
Do you mean All Creatures Great and Small? Based on the books by James Herriott? With Christopher Timothy and Peter Davidson?

A lot of the shows you've all mentioned are shown as repeats on the Beeb or on UK Gold...a satellite channel which shows all the old classics.

Do you get Blackadder?

Randy, I'm not a bitter kinda person, more an 'alf a lager kinda gal. Comes from having an accent you could cut with a knife.

Think cockney but more norf Laaahhhdahn!

I now live in the countryside where they all have accents from All Creatures Great and Small.

LOvely Jubbly!

Lau.

B

Bruce Epstein

Originally posted by Laura

Do you get Blackadder?
Ah, Black Adder -- perhaps Rowan Atkinson's best work (IMHO). Even the French seemed to appreciate it, since unlike Benny Hill or Mr. Bean, Black Adder was broadcast in ENGLISH here in France! (I count Benny Hill dubbed into French as one of the worst examples of how humo(u)r doesn't translate.)

We were able to get French (no relation) and Saunders for a while but I have a feeling that those are much older shows, right?

Bruce

L

Laura - 2003

Bruce,

FRench and Saunders are older shows, but stil classics.

French and Saunders have done some superb 'adaptations' of various films since then, such as Silence of the Lambs.

Dawn French is also doing the Vicar of Dibley and Murder most horrid.....don't know if you've seen them?

Jennifer Saunders (as you probably already know) stars in Ab Fab.

All great shows....of course.

I have to sya this that although ROwan Atkinson is brilliant in BlackAdder, we cannot forget one of the writers...BEn Elton.

Absolute comic genius....I met him once on the set of The thin blue line...I could have taken him home with me!

He is also a superb novelist...anyone read Inconceivable..adapted for screen in Maybe Baby?

Lau.

Marc

Fully vaccinated are you?
Leader
> Laura quote:
> Marc,
>
> It's Are you being served? Mr. Humphries are your free?
> I'm free!

Yup - I was thinking of 'Are You Being Served?'. I like that one, too.

M

M Greenaway

Laura

Do you watch 'The Office'.

It is an absolute scream.

If it ever goes over to the States you guys must watch it - dont know how the humour will 'translate' though.

L

Laura - 2003

Missed out

MG,

I always seem to miss it. My fella sometimes catches it and he thinks it's hilarious.

What else are you into? (I mean TV programmes...before Energy jumps in)!

A

Aaron Lupo

IMHO, I think I Love Lucy was one of the greatest shows ever. I love watching the re-runs everynight, she was truly a comic genius. It was humor without being disgusting like sitcoms of today. Lucy, Ricky, Fred and Ethel what a team they were. Some others that I like to watch are The Andy Griffith Show and Leave it to Beaver, they don't make shows like that anymore!

E

energy

Re: Missed out

Originally posted by Laura
MG,
What else are you into? (I mean TV programmes...before Energy jumps in)!

You don't have to worry about me. It appears though that we may think alike, you fresh thing!:vfunny: :ko: :smokin:

L

Laura - 2003

Re: Re: Missed out

Originally posted by energy

You don't have to worry about me. It appears though that we may think alike, you fresh thing!:vfunny: :ko: :smokin:

I'm always fresh, but espesh. on a Friday!

:eek:

Top Bottom