Super Bowl XXXVI

A first grade teacher in St. Louis explains to her class that she is
a Rams fan. She asks her students to raise their hands if they,
too, are Rams fans.
Everyone in the class raises their hand, except one
little girl.

The teacher looks at the girl with surprise and says, "Janie,
why didn't you raise your hand?"

"Because I'm not a Rams fan," she replied.

The teacher, still shocked, asked, "Well, if you are not a Rams fan, then who are you a fan of?"

"I am a Patriots fan , and proud of it," Janie replied.

The teacher could not believe her ears. "Janie, why are you a Pats fan?"

"Because my mom is a Pats fan, and my dad is a Pats fan, so I'm a
Pats fan too!"

"Well," said the teacher in an obviously annoyed tone, "That is no
reason for you to be a Pats fan. You don't have to be just like your parents all of the time. What if your Mom was a moron and your dad was a moron, what would you be then?"

"Then," Janie smiled, "We'd be Rams fans."
:ko: :smokin:

L

Laura M

Where are all the Pat's and Ram's fans? I figured we'd have some wicked "bets" going. For me, I need an 8 and 8 finish or 2 and 0 for the "squares" pool. Not very good odds of that!

Well, no preference here, just hope for a good game, better commercials than last year, a couple of "pops" and good food!

E

energy

I don't know

Laura,

I agree. I thought for sure we would get something going. Must be because no one can accept that New England had a football team. Let's see. Bengals? Nah. Oakland and the Chargers? Nah? Vikings? Nah. Dolphins and Bucaneers? Nah. Dallas? nah. Houston-Tennessee? nah. The Bill's-yea that's a team. Giants/Jets? nah. Eagles? nah. Looks like just you and me! I guess you have to be there to see it!:biglaugh: :smokin:

J

JodiB

I'm with Laura! My squares totally bite ( 5-0, 2-1, and others equally as bad...)so I'm just hoping for good food and commercials.

Go Vikes! Go 'Boys! There's always next year..........

A

Al Dyer

Dave,

And the silverdome "will" miss the Lions, there are only so many tractor pulls and R.V. shows to go around!:biglaugh:

Go Patroits, my numbers are 5 & 2. I better hope for alot of missed extra points combined with a couple of field goals.

L

Laura M

OK so at least we can route for each others squares. Hopefully Al 's 5 & 2 are touching Lucinda's 5 & 0. Heck, the pool I'm in doesn't even have "touching", so I could win, and you guys can "touch" my 2 & 0.
(This is sounding a bit nasty....but lets go with it)

Energy - you tried to pick on me with the Bills, but I'm a native Buckeye, northern Buckeye that is, and the Browns will be back in contention sooner or later. Heck, they beat Fart Modell's Raven's twice this year. You haven't seen Laura M until you've seen her in the Dawg pound. ( I was on national TV, BTW, for .25 seconds in the dawg pound)

Well, If I have to pick, I tend to root for underdogs. Loved the game in the snow.

E

energy

No way!

Originally posted by Laura M

Energy - you tried to pick on me with the Bills, but I'm a native Buckeye, northern Buckeye that is, and the Browns will be back in contention sooner or later

Not me! I was licking your hand because you got the thread going. Actually, the Bills suk:biglaugh: But, we got responses. I couldn't name all the teams that didn't make it. That's because their performances weren't that rememberable!:vfunny: :ko: :smokin:

L

Laura M

Home town stuff

My home town doesn't even consider the superbowl the "big game" this weekend. Tonite my sons wrestling team (currently ranked #1 in NY state) is going against the #4 team in the state. Last year we were tied for 1st in the state. The town is cranked. People are even trying to "scalp" tickets. Empire sports network is going to be there. It's going to be wild.

The energy around this is what sports should be about. Kids, rivalries, excitement, (altho tonite, I'm afraid there will be some pain - the wrestlers that lose are going to have a hard time), parents cheering on local heros, etc. Not the big money guys that really, who cares.

E

energy

My treat for Y'all

SUPER BOWL FIELD MOUSE POPPERS WITH ENERGY

When I host football-watching parties, I like to serve these spicy Field Mouse Poppers along with Ground Mole feet and a blue-cheese dipping sauce. To sweeten the Field Mouse Popper, you can also dip the poppers in a homemade guacamole.

RECIPE

Field Mouse Poppers

Serves 4

When preparing this snack, you may want to wear latex gloves and an OSHA approved half mask Respirator with the properly selected chemical cartridge. Field Mouse juices can cause intermittent vomiting or slight giddiness.

2 quarts canola oil or Crisco

1 cup all-purpose flour

1 cup of beer for the recipe and a six-pack for the Chef. Any brand.

Coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper

16 fresh or frozen different size Field Mice, slit lengthwise down one side to create a pocket, head and tail intact. Carefully remove all stomach contents. Be sure to not damage lower intestinal tract as it contains the desirable mouse dropping pellets. These will be used as a topping. If mouse drop topping is not desired, discard in accordance with Federal, State and Local regulations.

4 ounces cream cheese, or grated cheddar or Monterey Jack cheese, plus more if needed

1cup sour cream or Blue Cheese Dipping Sauce

1. In a deep fryer or medium stockpot, heat oil to 400°. Line a baking sheet with paper towels; set aside.

2. To make the batter, combine the flour, beer, salt, and pepper in a small bowl. Whisk to combine and, removing any loose mouse hair, set aside.

3. Stuff each prepared Field Mouse with 1/4 ounce of cheese. Working in batches, dip the Mice into batter, turn to coat, and drop into fryer until golden brown, 4 to 5 minutes. Transfer to prepared baking sheet to drain.

4. To remove the mouse pellets, grasp and press down on the large end of the lower intestinal tract with a ribbed rubber glove. Using a regular kitchen fork, turned on edge, slide the fork down the length of the intestine forcing those tasty morsels out the normal route.

Serve immediately with sour cream or blue-cheese dipping sauce, topped with those freshly removed mouse pellets. Bone Appetite!

SPECIAL THANKS TO: PETA (PLEASE EAT THOSE ANIMALS)
SPCA (SAVVY PEOPLE COOK ANYTHING)

Energy Special Caterering
“When in doubt as to what to do, we roll them in flour and cook them through”

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom